Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
    CH was ready to take Knockaert off just Minutes before his red card (I thunk I saw JB warming up at the side line),
    Very unfortunate.
    Knockaert...what can I say, he somehow reminds me of a budget Ribery, sometimes the stuff he does is good but most of the times he is acting and playing as if he is some brilliant footballer but its obvious its all show
    I think this Brighton team as a whole is not functioning.
    Just compare that to the great unit & family AZ Alkmaar was for JB and you will easily understand JB’s lack of confidence.
    I have my fingers crossed for CH and JB for tuesday’s match against Cardiff.
    CH has made a lot of wrong decisions regarding tactics and line-up but it is obvious that he is the only one who believes in JB at this club right now.
    I'm in the "flatters to deceive" camp for Knockaert. He has limited technical ability (mainly his lack of a weak foot skills) and is not all that quick. But he is a trier and occasionally produces a goal or a dead ball assist.

His foul was stupid but in the light of terrible! inconsistent refereeing by Kevin Friend (worst referee I've ever seen) and the completely overlooking of an equally bad , if not worse, challenge on Bissouma, I could understand his frustration. Not that I like Knockaert's endless theatrics and the several Bournemouth player's continual playacting really got to the atmosphere in the ground.

It is not as though Bournemouth were all that good, about the same standard as Southampton.

Comment

Throughout the season I learned to value Knockaert as a solid winger, but I find him defensively weak and an egoist, often ignoring a good pass for some solo action, so no fan of him. March is better, but his amount of turnovers are also hurtful.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
        I'm in the "flatters to deceive" camp for Knockaert. He has limited technical ability (mainly his lack of a weak foot skills) and is not all that quick. But he is a trier and occasionally produces a goal or a dead ball assist.

His foul was stupid but in the light of terrible! inconsistent refereeing by Kevin Friend (worst referee I've ever seen) and the completely overlooking of an equally bad , if not worse, challenge on Bissouma, I could understand his frustration. Not that I like Knockaert's endless theatrics and the several Bournemouth player's continual playacting really got to the atmosphere in the ground.

It is not as though Bournemouth were all that good, about the same standard as Southampton.
        Agian, STOP. You cannot justify that reckless dumb challenge w "the same if not worse challenge on Biss."

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
          Agian, STOP. You cannot justify that reckless dumb challenge w "the same if not worse challenge on Biss."
          That was the view in the East Lower when we got a close-up on the identical prior and more dangerous foul on Bissouma. This referee was so inconsistent and lenient with all the similar late challenges that play acting worked. Bissouma could not play act, too busy avoiding getting injured.

Montoya and Bernardo were the reason why BHA lost though. I expect to see Bruno and Bong back vs Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
            Throughout the season I learned to value Knockaert as a solid winger, but I find him defensively weak and an egoist, often ignoring a good pass for some solo action, so no fan of him. March is better, but his amount of turnovers are also hurtful.
            He declines to pass because he is naturally extremely left footed and the opposition defender knows what he is going to do. The defender might not be able to stop him, but can shepherd him into blind channels. It is the same with Solly March.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh's best chance would be to show he is better on his weaker foot.

Comment

That was the view in the East Lower when we got a close-up on the identical prior and more dangerous foul on Bissouma. This referee was so inconsistent and lenient with all the similar late challenges that play acting worked. Bissouma could not play act, too busy avoiding getting injured.

Montoya and Bernardo were the reason why BHA lost though. I expect to see Bruno and Bong back vs Cardiff.
              Knockaerts was an absolutely lunatic ankle breaker. It was a potentially career threatening challenge. The two are incomparable.

You are defending the indefensible here.

I have a feeling Hughton will ship him off in the Summer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Im sorry but Knockys tackle could have easily been a career ending tackle.... Also here you go again with blaming the defenders lol cause knocky didnt cheaply give the ball up for the second goal yes SECOND. Yes he also didnt get himself red carded after only being down by TWO GOALS but you are right! Montoya and Bernando were at fault.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Knockaerts was an absolutely lunatic ankle breaker. It was a potentially career threatening challenge. The two are incomparable.

You are defending the indefensible here.

I have a feeling Hughton will ship him off in the Summer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                  I think he has played his last match for Brighton and rightfully so. The look CH gave him while he was walking into the tunnle was a scary one. hope they can sell him to a Championship pr league 1 side were he belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                    I think he has played his last match for Brighton and rightfully so. The look CH gave him while he was walking into the tunnle was a scary one. hope they can sell him to a Championship pr league 1 side were he belongs.
                    I would replace Knockaert with Bissouma on the right wing vs Cardiff.

Comment

Why? Honestly Bissouma seem to make alot of mistakes too that lead to goal. I think both Knocky and Bissouma are detrimental to our attacking capabilities since they don't ever pass even if it means trying useless shots on goal or if it means running at 3 defenders.

EDIT:

As stated before, I really hope ARJ gets sold, don't care if he ends up in Sweden or something, just don't waste him in this team.

Comment

You’re analyses of your dismal team, although incredibly long and including tons of random stats, lack any sort of meaning or acknowledgement of the reality.

Reality is ,Brighton are woeful. The midfield can not connect the attack, to cover the weak defenders and weak central mids, CH makes the wingers auxillary fullbacks, which may work in a counter attacking strategy when you have a dynamic quality forward up front, but not when u keep dumping a 40 yr/old fox in the box up front with no support.

The same full backs you keep ranting on about have been chopped and changed countless times this season. If you think the reason your team lost 5-0 to Bournemouth was the absence of Bruno and bong, who were so shit in previous weeks that ur beloved CH dropped them altogether from squad, then man you are living in cuckoo land .

You have been telling us all year how Brighton are not even that much different to Leicester, the other team arj could have joined, while they push the top 7 , you are barely better than 3 teams in this league.

Now you have a must win game, no knockaert, are SCORELESS in 4, and seem insistent on pretending the couple players on this garbage third rate team with any pedigree , ARJ, bissouma, locadia, andone deserve to be benched again or played out of position.

Why would bissouma play wing in a must win game against Cardiff? Why should a central midfielder with no pace play there? Are you afraid of Cardiff too and need to sacrifice a winger for another CM?

I pray your team relegated so arj can get out of this godforsaken shit hole at least on the cheap or a loan move. A player who was top in both goals and assists ( not an altidore or alfonso Alves one trick pony) cannot deserve this, while his inferior teammates shine in bundesliga, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          That be some weak-ass excuse if he wants to be a quality player. It's all well and a good to argue a player may not be being utilised to his best but it's a whole other thing to fail to notch up a goal or assist in over 1,000 minutes of football, I mean even absolute dross like Locadia has managed to make a telling contribution to this team.
                          We've seen this with his form for TM too, the evidence is piling up. He needs to address it soon because you can only live off Eredivisie exploits for so long before you're thrown into the same bin as Afonso Alves and Vincent Janssen.
                          Disagree. The team can’t make a pass into open space. They can’t transition quickly. If fans think he’s going to score a Messi or Maradona style solo goal they are delusional. He also runs back more than any other winger on the team.
                          Last edited by Nokhodi; 04-15-2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            He also runs back more than any other winger on the team.
                            This.

That's why Hughton rates him higher than the others. He does what is asked of him.

At some point the BHA fans will appreciate that, when he breaks his duck

Comment

Hope he leaves and Brighton go down. I have tried to warm up to this club but it is near impossible. Fickle fans who don't appreciate the simple things in football. The management of their club makes no sense whatsoever. I don't get what they bought ARJ for?! He hasn't been great but he is an attacking, quick-thinking, tidy player. He is not the type of player to grab a game from from the scuff of the neck, and magically produce wonder solo goals while his team sits pinned down hoping to catch bottom-table teams on the break.
                              The rest of the team plays terrible, terrible football and somehow he is singled out every single game. Finally he gets benched for an entire game and look at the result -> 5-0! All i see on their forum is people saying he should be dropped for Izquierdo. Everything I have seem from this Izzy guy this season has been absolute crap. Like honestly, if ARJ played like Izzy every time he came on they'd be asking for his head.
                              ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

The rumour is that ARJ and March will start on tuesday. It seems like Brighton will finally revert back to 4-4-1-1.

And it seems like ARJ will be on the right wing for once!

Comment

Working...
                                X