Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali without a doubt will take the GK position spot.

But you guys need to realize that playing as a goalkeeper at ANY club (European, Asian, African, South American.. doesn't matter where in the world) is not as easy as being a field player. Sure, some clubs/and their managers like to rotate their goalkeepers. But generally it's a position where the athlete has to work VERY hard to get playing time. There are 11 players and 1/11 players is a GK. It is the most difficult position too.

I never became professional or ever wanted to play professionally. But I played as GK when I was in high school and it takes A LOT of patience for you to get your time. I'm aware that high school, house, travel are not anywhere close to professional football. I'm just trying to make a point. So I had a Brazilian coach (he was a GK and he played professionally but in D3 Brazil) who told me "Ali being a GK is one of if not the hardest position to play in football." And I knew that. But I loved everything about it. The diving, the one on ones, punting, ordering teammates to get their acts straight (lol).. Loved all of it! I was also short but I had long arms..

Anyways! My point is I won't be upset if Ali doesn't play until January even because his situation is miles different than say for example, Ali Jahanbakhsh. Goalkeepers take more time to adapt to their teams, they need to have a higher chemistry with the other 10 and in a way know how the other 10 operate (psychologically, physically, talent wise and etc.). And being that Ali is a foreigner in Belgium, he doesn't speak too much English (I'm sure he's learning) and that it is his first season in Europe, I understand why he's not in yet. EVEN if the starting GK isn't as good. Listen, even if you're Edwin Van Der Saar it takes time. The GK in front of you (who let's also say sucks), if they know one word, just a single word that would prevent a goal from happening. Calling on the defense to do something or not do something. Even if that GK wouldn't be able to make that save (hypothetically), that chemistry and communication aspect can prevent conceding a goal. And in another situation the GK is amazing but isn't meshing with the team that well, doesn't know the language, doesn't have that many friends, doesn't know which one of his centre-backs are weak vs crosses (for example) and then misses the Que to shout that single word, boom, goal, ball in the net.

That's my point. Hey listen, I'm not too thrilled about this either. It's not like I'm jumping up and down everytime I open the thread. But there's just this understadning I have from a personal standpoint (whether as a former player or as a fan of this game) that it just takes time sometimes. But that being said, Ali WILL get that position, Ali WILL play games and he WILL becomes a better GK in the long run.

Comment

^That was a long read, tm91

Comment

Getting off the plane in Bulgaria.

Go Beiro!

سنگربانِ بی مانند، علیرضا بیرانوند

Comment

maybe the coach thinking of banking on him as his GK Starter in the European competition..??

Comment

Wow he is gonna kill it in Europas
            Not a single ball past his goal line

Comment

almost 0% chance of him playing tomorrow right?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
                almost 0% chance of him playing tomorrow right?
                not necessarily. a lot of teams alternate GKs in Europa League. I would expect with upcoming EL, League, Cup games he features sometime pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  not necessarily. a lot of teams alternate GKs in Europa League. I would expect with upcoming EL, League, Cup games he features sometime pretty soon.
                  100% agreed.

I actually think if it wasn't for his recent injury, there would be a relatively high chance of him starting the game tomorrow. But considering his recent injury and presumably lack of practice, I think it would be unreasonable to expect him to play tomorrow no? Hopefully I'm wrong.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                    ^That was a long read, tm91
                    Lol my b bro Thanks for reading it!

Comment

They are on a good run of form but in 3-1 win at weekend went 1-0 down. Butez was heavily at fault. See for yourself. Bad decision to come out like that.

He is not playing incredibly either. Feel he will return to his avg/below avg level that saw him as only a backup for lower midtable belgian clubs until now sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
                        100% agreed.

I actually think if it wasn't for his recent injury, there would be a relatively high chance of him starting the game tomorrow. But considering his recent injury and presumably lack of practice, I think it would be unreasonable to expect him to play tomorrow no? Hopefully I'm wrong.
                        I was thinking exactly the same. When did he get back to training, any idea?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

He is on the bench.

Comment

He went to a second tier league with an okay team and he won't even play a single minute this season? Are we delusional in thinking that he is very good?

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                              He went to a second tier league with an okay team and he won't even play a single minute this season? Are we delusional in thinking that he is very good?
                              He’s better than good. He’s the best goalie out of Asia since Abedzadeh. He’ll get his chance. He’s a goalie. It takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                                Butez is a clown, see the highlights below. If Beiro did that, antwerp would have been expelled from Belgium the next second!

Comment

Working...
                                X