X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Furious Al Hilal demands Investigation into ACL Final"

Enjoy

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...tion-acl-final

In a strongly-worded statement released on Monday night, the club's board of directors urged Asian Football Confederation president Sheikh Salman Al Khalifa to "stop the blunders" and said doubts had been raised about the confederation's integrity and fairness.

Western Sydney Wanderers scratched its way to a controversial 0-0 draw in Riyadh on Sunday morning (AEDT) and was crowned champion of Asia courtesy of its 1-0 victory in Sydney a week earlier - a result that Al Hilal said "looted the rights of an entire nation".

The dramatic upset led to ugly scenes immediately after the match, with Al-Hilal striker Nasser Al-Shamrani appearing to headbutt and later spit on Wanderers defender Matthew Spiranovic.

It seems the anger has not yet subsided, with the club insisting it was denied six penalties across the two-leg final - two in the first leg at Parramatta, and four in Riyadh.

All three decisions were criticised by TV commentators, but waved away by Japanese referee Yuichi Nishimura.

"Al Hilal's management stressed that President 'Sheikh Salman Al Khalifa' should bear the responsibility and stop the blunders that were witnessed in the two matches," the statement read.

"(Decisions) that appeared suspiciously and tarnished the reputation of the AFC, which raised many questions about the AFC Championships and the integrity and fairness of its competitions, and the need to ensure the absence of any effect of betting offices scattered among football by assigning the competent authority in the Asian Confederation to start investigating seriously."

Nishimura's controversial 2014 FIFA World Cup performance, in which he awarded a widely-criticised penalty to host nation Brazil in its opening match, was also referenced by Al-Hilal.

"It is surprising to appoint a referee for the second leg who was deported from refereeing in the last World Cup as a result of his mistakes during the tournament as well the end of his refereeing career at the end of this game," the statement continued.

"... what happened in the second leg of the AFC Champions League final is a black spot in the history of Asian football and looting of the right of an entire people who has been waiting for happiness and enjoyment of fair competition."

All I see is cockroaches wining. Wasn't the grass soft enough to roll on?

Comment

I really enjoy reading this. Yuichi Nishimura is a good referee, he also saved our asses in Tashkent

Comment

Oh, so now they know what everyone else goes through whenever the play a Saudi team.

Comment

Oh man I have been out of the loop recently, so an Australian club won this edition of ACL? Interesting!

Comment

Here is when he spat:
            http://www.khabaronline.ir/detail/38...ltimedia/movie

Comment

Considering Al-Khalifa is very close to the Saudis, he will be very responsive to this.
              They will also probably award the spitting player with the "Asian Player of the Year" Award.

Comment

Does anyone have the extended highlights showing some of these supposedly bad calls?! I didn't see anything questionable in the two short highlights I saw - let alone 6!

Comment

Well considering we might get this ref in the future I for one want him banned from the game. The decisions were so bad even Australian TV disagreed with him
                  Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Poor sportsmanship from the Arabs, as always. What did you expect?

Congrats Western Sydney.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

You know the end of the world is near when 8-0ers are complaining about refereeing and fairplay

Comment

As bad as the referee must've been that kind of sportsmanship is even more disgraceful than the officiating....
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

How classless of the 8-0ers. Hopefully all of their players will be fined, punished and killed.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

^ hold your horses Baba.
                            IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Highlights are here.

They had lots of chances to score, but didn't... It's their own fault really.

Comment

Working...
                              X