Iran vs Cambodia Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    No you can't. Stop taking away our players accomplishments. Cambodia is not an amateur team at all. They are ranked 169th, far from good but a team ranked higher than Moldova, Belize, Chad, Cuba, Guyana, Liechtenstein, Mongolia, etc.

Cambodia had recently tied Hong Kong, a team we only beat by two goals, and only lost to Bahrain 1-0.

Your "Div 1 Toronto League" would get absolutely shredded by this Cambodia team in 90 mins. Likely a 20-0 loss.
    Actually the Toronto Div 1 league is full of former NCAA players, former pros from European leagues and current CSL players.

With that said the entire Cambodia roster plays in Cambodian clubs. And yes my initial point stands that the goalkeeper for Cambodia is utter shit and I could play better.

Comment

Guys do you think we should invite ali daei to play against cambodia return match? Just to increase his goals?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        In what way can a game against a weaker opponent be taken seriously by not scoring more than 5-6 goals?

No dude, he just wanted us to "respect" all our opponents, including the weaker ones. Scoring 14 goals against them, is not respecting them. It is humiliating them.
        It's not humiliating them bro, it's a sport and both teams should be putting in their absolute best performance.

I think it's a lot more humiliating to the other team if you stop doing that half way through the as if they're so shit you stopped playing altogether.

Now, the Cambodians know if they want to play at this level, they need a lot of improvement both physically and mentally. Sometimes you need a good whoopin' to wake-up.

Also, we just sent the message to Bahrain and Iraq that we mean business and we can score from just about anywhere so just marking Azmoun upfront isn't going to cut it for them.

But most importantly, when are you coming for a freakin' visit?!

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          There are fans and then there are TRUE fans. Hats off to this guy.

Comment

Guys i dont wanna take anything away from our team but yesterdays match seemed a bit fishy to me.. Am i the only one? Dont you guys think at least some of their players could have been involved in a betting? This team had tied HongKong and lost only 1:0 to Bahrain last month.🤔

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
              Guys i dont wanna take anything away from our team but yesterdays match seemed a bit fishy to me.. Am i the only one? Dont you guys think at least some of their players could have been involved in a betting? This team had tied HongKong and lost only 1:0 to Bahrain last month.🤔
              Betting? Now now let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The fault is the managers. They didnt show enough respect to the iranian team & its ranking. They tried to take the game to a much stronger opponent. Probably because they had had a couple of good games and they overestimated their abilities. Did you see how they wanted to play it on the ground from the goalkeeper rather than play it out and try to play compact defense? All wrong tactics. I cant remember more than twice that the keeper kicked it out. They were just not good enough to play it out with short passes & kept losing the ball. The coach did not adjust the tactics at all. 7 goals each half was the result.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                Not a chance, why would they risk their entire careers they have built over a silly game against cambodia?
                It was clear from the start that this match would be a blowout the second you saw the two teams walk on the pitch. Iran probably had TWICE the physicality of cambodia; our players were winning every duel and bullying them all game. Crazy disparity.

Comment

I had missed the game due to work and I just realized we won with 14-0.

Good that we won but what happened to CQ's teachings about not humiliating weaker opponents by scoring more than 5-6 goals? Are we slowly getting back to our amateurish Asian style of the past?
                  The thing is it was like five nothing after 20 minutes. What did you want them to do pass the ball around for the next seventy minutes. Just like Germany put 7 pass Brazil, they would have done more if they could. And I think another reason for the high score line is he invited so many new players that they all wanted to leave a mark so they can make the team. Other than Taremi, Azmoun and ansarifard, pretty much anyone who scored was trying to break their way into the team.

Comment

It is disrespectful not to play your best against your opponent.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                      Not a chance, why would they risk their entire careers they have built over a silly game against cambodia?
                      It was clear from the start that this match would be a blowout the second you saw the two teams walk on the pitch. Iran probably had TWICE the physicality of cambodia; our players were winning every duel and bullying them all game. Crazy disparity.
                      I actually meant somethin Cambodian players loosin by a double digit margin, iranian players not even knowing.. Remember this players dont earn too much... Well actually i dont want to get into to deep details, but here in Germany you can bet up until division 5.. I can tell you that me myself with few others have been involved in stuff like that not too many years ago Salaries in division 5 are like 200, 300, 400€ for lots of players so you can imagine some stuff goin on

Comment

outside of the fact that they should have defended with 10 players, the only other technical explanation may have been that they were distracted by the women in the stadium ....
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Stmaserati View Post
                          The thing is it was like five nothing after 20 minutes. What did you want them to do pass the ball around for the next seventy minutes.
                          That's exactly what I wanted to see. It doesn't matter if you had scored 5 goals after 5 minutes or after 60 minutes. You don't humiliate weaker opponents. Period! Yes that is boring but at least they would have won with their heads held high. Winning like this against a weaker opponent is for chickens.

I remember CQ mentioning this a few times, specially when we were gonna play against Guam. We stopped playing after 5-6 goals and only passed the ball until 90 minutes had passed. and I remember most of us here were full of praise for TM's professionalism back then! What happened?

Originally posted by Stmaserati View Post
                          Just like Germany put 7 pass Brazil, they would have done more if they could.
                          You say it yourself, that was against "Brazil"!!! The top team in the world in terms of WC trophies. Huge difference.

Name me a top European team who won against a much weaker opponent with over 8 goals during the last 20 years. and even winning with 7-8 goals is not common. I can only remember Germany-Brazil and Germany KSA in 2002.

Na man.....I love TM but there is no justification for what they did against Cambodia. That was all wrong! and I'm not even gonna get into how they laughed and smiled proudly after each goal, as if they had won the WC! That humiliating smile on Beyranvand's face after he saved the penalty...... jeez...so embarrassing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                            But most importantly, when are you coming for a freakin' visit?!
                            LOOOL....whenever you have settled down for real and invited me.

Have you?!!! Settled down I mean...

Comment

That's exactly what I wanted to see. It doesn't matter if you had scored 5 goals after 5 minutes or after 60 minutes. You don't humiliate weaker opponents. Period! Yes that is boring but at least they would have won with their heads held high. Winning like this against a weaker opponent is for chickens.
                              I remember CQ mentioning this a few times, specially when we were gonna play against Guam. We stopped playing after 5-6 goals and only passed the ball until 90 minutes had passed. and I remember most of us here were full of praise for TM's professionalism back then! What happened?
                              You say it yourself, that was against "Brazil"!!! The top team in the world in terms of WC trophies. Huge difference.
                              Name me a top European team who won against a much weaker opponent with over 8 goals during the last 20 years. and even winning with 7-8 goals is not common. I can only remember Germany-Brazil and Germany KSA in 2002.
                              Na man.....I love TM but there is no justification for what they did against Cambodia. That was all wrong! and I'm not even gonna get into how they laughed and smiled proudly after each goal, as if they had won the WC! That humiliating smile on Beyranvand's face after he saved the penalty...... jeez...so embarrassing!
                              USA 13 Thailand 0.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

today Belgium put 9 past san Marino. Russia put 9 past them in the last international break.

Comment

Working...
                                X