No announcement yet.

Iran vs Cambodia Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would understand if there was a single game which the subsequent scoring did not matter, then yes they could have it stop scoring after 5-6 goals, but in group stages which goal difference could become a factor in case of a tie between two or more teams, then you need to score as many as you can against any opponents in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
      I would understand if there was a single game which the subsequent scoring did not matter, then yes they could have it stop scoring after 5-6 goals, but in group stages which goal difference could become a factor in case of a tie between two or more teams, then you need to score as many as you can against any opponents in front of you.
      This is actually a great point. This is a competition. And goal difference clearly matters. This ain't AYSO where the players get orange wedges at halftime.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
        This is actually a great point. This is a competition. And goal difference clearly matters. This ain't AYSO where the players get orange wedges at halftime.
        But frankly if at this point of the qualifiers we have to rely on goal difference beyond 6 goals in one game to make it to the next round then we have bigger issues to deal with and we won’t go far in qualifying rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
          But frankly if at this point of the qualifiers we have to rely on goal difference beyond 6 goals in one game to make it to the next round then we have bigger issues to deal with and we won’t go far in qualifying rounds.
          You never know, we have lost against both Iraq and Bahrain before, anything is possible in soccer even bigger team such as Germany, Italy, Holland, etc. have occasionally lost against third rank teams .

Comment

I didn't watch the game, but at some point, did the team try and implement a tiki taka-like style of passing to at least work on ball posession & passing? That's our biggest weakness, and it would've been a good opportunity to practice after beating cambodia to a pulp like that

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
              I didn't watch the game, but at some point, did the team try and implement a tiki taka-like style of passing to at least work on ball posession & passing? That's our biggest weakness, and it would've been a good opportunity to practice after beating cambodia to a pulp like that
              Didn’t seem to be that way. The idea was dispossess the Cambodians as quickly as they could and work their way to their goal to rack up even more goals. Didn’t seem at any point that game plan changed. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it and got into that mode of thinking as well. Even at 14 I was egging them to score another one. 🙂

Comment

Did PAG deserve a red card?

یک سایت کامبوجی معتقد شده که بازیکن تیم ملی ایران در بازی دیروز باید اخراج می شده است.
                این سایت عکسی از صحنه برخورد مرتضی پورعلی گنجی با دروازه بان تیم این کشور منتشر کرده
                و مدعی شده است که بازیکن ایران می بایست با کارت قرمز داور جریمه و از زمین اخراج می شد.

Comment

^^ YES
                  Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                  O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Did PAG deserve a red card?

یک سایت کامبوجی معتقد شده که بازیکن تیم ملی ایران در بازی دیروز باید اخراج می شده است.
                    این سایت عکسی از صحنه برخورد مرتضی پورعلی گنجی با دروازه بان تیم این کشور منتشر کرده
                    و مدعی شده است که بازیکن ایران می بایست با کارت قرمز داور جریمه و از زمین اخراج می شد.
                    The team was 12 nil infrnt then, iran was all over Cambodia like a rash. There was no need for a rash challenge such as this. Just looking at the picture it seems that if a red card was produced it wouldnt have been uncalled for.

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
                      You never know, we have lost against both Iraq and Bahrain before, anything is possible in soccer even bigger team such as Germany, Italy, Holland, etc. have occasionally lost against third rank teams .
                      True but that was the whole point we learned with CQ! That we should take each game as a final and win so that our qualification is not dependent on ifs or buts. That is the professional mentality we learned with him. Now obviously we are back to that chicken mentality that we see a draw in points between us and another nation as a possibility. and the solution is of course: "let's make sure" by scoring 20 goals against weaker teams "just in case"!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        True but that was the whole point we learned with CQ! That we should take each game as a final and win so that our qualification is not dependent on ifs or buts. That is the professional mentality we learned with him. Now obviously we are back to that chicken mentality that we see a draw in points between us and another nation as a possibility. and the solution is of course: "let's make sure" by scoring 20 goals against weaker teams "just in case"!
                        Good Input but i think it's too early to say " we are back to chicken mentality".
                        What are they supposed to do when facing such a weak opponent, like not scoring?
                        We should be patient and judge TM performance and Wilmots coaching ability after half of campaigne.
                        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Right about now CQ would have claimed "Bahrain is a top5 team in Asia" people would have gotten mad only to disappear after a shutout win.

Made for some great laughs.

I hope Wilmots takes his lead when it comes to bringing our own food/water to Bahrain.

I trust those pseudo-Saudis about as far as one can throw their deadweight grassrolling bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                            Good Input but i think it's too early to say " we are back to chicken mentality".
                            What are they supposed to do when facing such a weak opponent, like not scoring?
                            We should be patient and judge TM performance and Wilmots coaching ability after half of campaigne.
                            Or when we play the big teams of asia and the decent Arab teams....I think that will be the most telling and give us what we need to draw comparisons
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                              Did you watch Guam - Iran back in 2015? Or was in 2016...

Comment

Also CQ did have games like this in the beginning like against Palestine 7-0, Bahrain 6-0, Papua New Guinea 8-1, South African clubs etc. How lucky are we to be arguing about how much we should have won by. This new coach has to make this his team and implement his philosophy. Well after a 14-0 win all the attention is on him now, this result means nothing if we lose/tie in Manama.

Comment

Working...
                                X