Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC Asian Cup 2019 Group Stage: Vietnam-Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (12.01.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were really complacent in the second half, luckily Azmoun sealed the deal for us. Quieroz looked frustrated with the team.

Dejagah looked very tired, didn’t have much energy left in him after that superb first half.
    Nourollahi not impressive at all, pretty much exactly how he was for club play, with the patented useless 30 yard shot 30 feet wide. Ghafouri great first half, a bit of a sooti second half. Hajsafi shaky defensively.

Ghoddos, so good on the ball, such great movement and technique. Real treasure. Can’t wait to see both him and AJ playing together.

Comment

Professional win. Those who thought we were going to put 5-6 vs. Vietnam, please learn about football.

Tough game and we came out on top.

Comment

Hajsafi has been terrible from the first game.

Comment

Second half was horrible. One of the worst halves of football I've seen from Iran in a long time. A better team would've finished us off in this half. We need to keep up the intensity all 90 mins. I thought our conditioning was better than this, but I also don't know if it was more a mental than physical thing.

Comment

6 points ladies and gentlemen.

We played against an opponent better than Yemen and we were testing out a new line-up.

I’m content.

Comment

Post Game Discussion:

Everything was flawless until Sardar scored his second of the day.

As soon as we scored the second goal the team lost concentration, the same way Japan lost concentration against Belgium in the World Cup. If this would have been an opponent with more individually skilled players this could have ended badly.

All to all, for 70 minutes of the game we played perfectly, 20 last minutes, a bit shakey but still above avreage seeing how we held the clean sheet.

Player of the match is without a doubt Sardar Azmoun because he scored 2 goals giving us the win. Dejagah during the first half was everywhere, in a good way. Ghafouri, Ghoddos had some nice connections from time to time. Seems like Ghafouri still can produce a good run or two, would like to see him as a sub in the future games. To bring in some speed when opponents are tired.

Comment

Switching over to Arsenal West Ham could care less about the other teams tbh!

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                  I don't understand how a left back consistently playing 90 mins in Russia at a high level sits on the bench for us while a central mid playing for traktor sazi is our fixed left back. This is one CQ decision I will never understand.
                  Cost us a goal against Portugal too.
                  Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                    Professional win. Those who thought we were going to put 5-6 vs. Vietnam, please learn about football.
                    Tough game and we came out on top.
                    Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                      We were really complacent in the second half, luckily Azmoun sealed the deal for us. Quieroz looked frustrated with the team.

Dejagah looked very tired, didn’t have much energy left in him after that superb first half.
                      Nourollahi not impressive at all, pretty much exactly how he was for club play, with the patented useless 30 yard shot 30 feet wide. Ghafouri great first half, a bit of a sooti second half. Hajsafi shaky defensively.

Ghoddos, so good on the ball, such great movement and technique. Real treasure. Can’t wait to see both him and AJ playing together.
                      Nourollahi is a disgrace to Saeid's shirt.

Comment

Good win, but we need to improve a bit still to live up to the expectations and go all the way. Azmoun shireh. Now let's hope Yemen doesn't surrender to Iraq.

Comment

We did well need to be abit more better defense but we are doing well I predicted 3-0 finish 2-0 we are doing well I am sure when Majid hosein I is back our defense will be much better

Comment

You can't play at your best in every game. Azmoun sub was the most logic decision, he had a great game and i understand he wanted to have his hat trick but his reaction to his sub was unprofessional. Carlos may find a way to pass him the message.
                            I wasn't impressed by PAG, he barely had a poor game and that was one of it. Kanani had a much better game. Hajsafi is garbage and Milad should honestly start. Ashkan was done in the second half.
                            Overall except Saman and Azmoun the rest had a so so match but that is Ok. Defense needs to be more shap.

Comment

Definitely happy with the bottom line, despite the shaky start and some unforced errors. CQ and Azmoun's faces at the end of the game tells you the whole story: They won, but it wasn't their best game. Fortunately, we rested some key players and will regroup for game 3 to take the win against Iraq and top the group.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                                6 points ladies and gentlemen.

We played against an opponent better than Yemen and we were testing out a new line-up.

I’m content.
                                Not sure about that, lets wait how they peform to iraq, since i believe that we very mentally totally better prepared
                                against yemen.

Comment

Working...
                                X