• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

If mohammadi gets injured who can play that position
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

For the past two days Iran's NT practices have been taking place with only 4 players. Khanzadeh, Karimi, Gholizadeh, and Torabi. All 4 are rumored to be in the final list.

If they were not on the final list I do not think Carlos would be wasting time and holding practice with just 4 players present.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
        Question
        You might say Hajsafi is a bad left back but he's been excellent for Olympiacos playing as a left back, seems like the head coach there has developed his game as a defender and he's become a much more complete player. He was brilliant against Algeria too. I think Hajsafi should be taken as Milad's (touch wood) substitute. Then Ansarifard can also play in midfield as we saw against Algeria.

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
          For the past two days Iran's NT practices have been taking place with only 4 players. Khanzadeh, Karimi, Gholizadeh, and Torabi. All 4 are rumored to be in the final list.

If they were not on the final list I do not think Carlos would be wasting time and holding practice with just 4 players present.
          They are on the 35 man squad list which I believe is...

GK: Alireza Beiranvand, Rashid Mazaheri, Amir Abedzadeh, Hossein Hosseini, Hamed Lak.

CB: Jalal Hosseini, Morteza Pouraliganji, Pejman Montazeri, Rouzbeh Cheshmi, Majid Hosseini, Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh.

FB: Vouria Ghafouri, Ramin Rezaeian, Milad Mohammadi, Saeid Aghaei.

CDM: Saeid Ezzatolahi, Omid Ebrahimi, Ali Karimi, Kamal Kamyabinya.

CM: Ehsan Hajsafi, Ashkan Dejagah, Masoud Shojaei, Ahmad Abdollahzadeh, Omid Noorafkan.

W: Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Mehdi Taremi, Saman Ghoddos, Vahid Amiri, Mehdi Torabi, Ali Gholizadeh.

ST: Sardar Azmoun, Reza Ghoochannejhad, Karim Ansarifard, Kaveh Rezaei, Ali Alipour.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
            Man I'd rather take one of the young kids on the fringes of the squad like Shekari/Noorafkan rather than Amiri. They would provide a similar level of contribution to the squad, and selecting one of them would be much smarter considering they will be around for a long time! The experience they could get from just being at the WC, even if they don't play, would be fantastic for their development and would most likely encourage them to work harder to become better and fulfill theirpotential.
            Ah, what am I even complaining for.

I love CQ but he's clearly being blackmailed by Amiri, and will probably still be forced to call him up at 40
            Adding fringe players doesn't work all the time... Just ask Bakhtiar Rahmani

Comment

Question
              Aghaei, and God forbid Hajisafi.

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post

Why does CQ love Khanzadeh so much? I rather have Shoja Khalizadeh over him

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Aghaei, and God forbid Hajisafi.
                  That's why I want Aghaei to be in the final squad. Some people here don't like that but you need to have a backup to each position and the last thing we want is Hajsafi at that position again

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                    You might say Hajsafi is a bad left back but he's been excellent for Olympiacos playing as a left back, seems like the head coach there has developed his game as a defender and he's become a much more complete player. He was brilliant against Algeria too. I think Hajsafi should be taken as Milad's (touch wood) substitute. Then Ansarifard can also play in midfield as we saw against Algeria.
                    Ansarifard in the middle sounds like a disaster waiting to happen
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Ansarifard in the middle sounds like a disaster waiting to happen
                      He was excellent against Algeria playing there. He reminds me of Thomas Muller. His work rate is effective in that he knows what is expected of him where ever he plays

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                        Why does CQ love Khanzadeh so much? I rather have Shoja Khalizadeh over him
                        No way. KHanzadeh is better than Khalilzadeh in more than one way.
                        I think Khanzadeh is a starter at the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                          No way. KHanzadeh is better than Khalilzadeh in more than one way.
                          I think Khanzadeh is a starter at the WC.
                          Majid Hosseini better than both

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                            That's why I want Aghaei to be in the final squad. Some people here don't like that but you need to have a backup to each position and the last thing we want is Hajsafi at that position again
                            I think players like aghaei and abdollazadeh have missed the WC. If not why are they not in the camp for domestic players?
                            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Hey guys, I was asked to do the world cup preview thread for Iran on the soccer subreddit.
                              I've just whipped it up quickly and I thought I'd run it by you guys to see if there are some glaring errors or mistakes I made, or if there is something I missed. Note, this isn't the full preview, just the 23 man squad and the starting 11. You can find the full preview when it gets posted on the subreddit very soon.

Goalkeepers

Alireza Beiranvand
                              Rashid Mazaheri
                              Hossein Hosseini

Defenders

Vouria Ghafouri
                              Jalal Hosseini
                              Milad Mohammadi
                              Morteza Pouraliganji
                              Majid Hosseini
                              Pejman Montazeri
                              Aghaei
                              Ramin Rezaeian

Midfielders

Ehsan Hajsafi
                              Saeed Ezatollahi
                              Masoud Shojaei
                              Omid Ebrahimi
                              Vahid Amiri
                              Saman Ghoddos
                              Alireza Jahanbakhsh
                              Ashkan Dejagah

Forwards

Karim Ansarifard
                              Mehdi Taremi
                              Reza Ghoochannejad*
                              Sardar Azmoun
                              Note: Kaveh Rezaei may be picked over ghoochannejad but unlikely given the particularl preference Quieroz has for the latter.
                              Here, I am not sure about Aghaei

Potential Starting 11:

Beirandvand
                              Ghafoori Pouraliganji Hosseini Mohammadi
                              Hajsafi Karimi/Ezatollahi
                              Alireza Dejagah Ghoddos
                              Azmoun
                              Important Note: Ezatollahi is the starter for the national team, but he is suspended for the first match due to a red card in a qualification match. He will miss the first game but will start against Portugal/Spain.
                              Thanks guys. This is not necessarily the lineups or selections that I want, but they are what I believe Quieroz will pick. I will consider the varying opinions you guys might have (such as Rezaeian over Ghafoori), but i'm mainly interested in glaring errors i've made, such as an injury that I am not aware of or a clear indication that one or more of those players will not be there.
                              Chelsea FC || Esteghlal || Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                                Vahid Amiri
                                He’s a CQ favourite player. His presence is almost guaranteed!

Comment

Working...
                                X