Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else stopped supporting Perspolis in the light of the latest events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you guys think Branco came back to Iran? It is because he wasn't getting any more offers in Croatia. I ask you this when he is not good enough for Croatian football, why should he be a coach in Iran?

Comment

Originally posted by the matrix1 View Post
      Why do you guys think Branco came back to Iran? It is because he wasn't getting any more offers in Croatia. I ask you this when he is not good enough for Croatian football, why should he be a coach in Iran?
      Branko Ivankovic won all titles in Croatia with biggest Croatian club Dinamo Zagreb. He was also among candidates for Croatia national team job before. He coached in 6 different countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
        Branko Ivankovic won all titles in Croatia with biggest Croatian club Dinamo Zagreb. He was also among candidates for Croatia national team job before. He coached in 6 different countries.
        Okay then, why would he come back to Iran and not just stay put in Croatia. Everything is more professional there...

Comment

Okay then, why would he come back to Iran and not just stay put in Croatia. Everything is more professional there...
          For the same reasons that CQ decided to come to Iran instead of staying in Portugal after Portugal sacked him which made Portuguese fans extremely happy.

Comment

For the same reasons that CQ decided to come to Iran instead of staying in Portugal after Portugal sacked him which made Portuguese fans extremely happy.
            It is not the same thing and you know it.. Carlos actually coached the Portugal national football team. When has Branco ever coached the Croatian national football team? Branco is not even close to being in the same league as CQ in terms of his qualifications.

Comment

It is not the same thing and you know it.. Carlos actually coached the Portugal national football team. When has Branco ever coached the Croatian national football team? Branco is not even close to being in the same league as CQ in terms of his qualifications.
              CQ became popular in the world football because of joining Manchester United as an assistant coach and doing extremely well there. Because of his performance in Man United as an assistant manager, he got two opportunities as a head coach Real Madrid and Portugal but he failed both miserably. His performance as head coach in Real Madrid and Portugal was like the performance of a college student who is guaranteed F grade after the first month of the class. Due to his performance as Real Madrid and Portugal head coach, no one in Europe trusted him as a head coach anymore and that is why he came Iran.

He is a good trainer, good team organizer, good in discovering new domestic players that are really national team material, but I just do not rate him as a head coach. He is not a head coach or tactician IMO. His teams can hardly play offensive/ball possession football. He emphasizes so much on defensive tactics, physical strength, and parking the bus that kills the essence of the game. He has no attention to play makers, creative technical players and entertaining football tactics.

Before WC 2018, we asked Portuguese fans about their best and worst manager in last two decades and every single of them said CQ was their worst manager by miles. (http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/roa...#post-36322452)

You hardly see any Portuguese football fan who likes CQ. In WC 2018 group B thread of BigSoccer, Portuguese said they are extremely happy that they got rid of CQ. They said his face shows mediocrity. The guy always complain and blame others. He always look for excuses. Do not have time to find the exact bigsoccer page here.

Yes if we go by popularity, Branko Ivankovic is nowhere near CQ. If we go by who is more talented as a head coach, I pick Branko Ivankovic. Regard CQ, his teams can never win when they are behind unlike Branko Ivankovic. Yes I prefer Branko Ivankovic over CQ in terms being more talented and better head coach.

Comment

You get the most of the things you say about CQ right! Unfortunately Iranians and their gharibe parasti culture don't like to see this reality. There is no doubt that some of the BS we were going through at the end was the federations fault but to say CQ had nothing to do with it!

As you say CQ has a history of toxicity and blaming others! In Portugal he blamed alot of his issues on Scolari! Scolari interestingly enough is considered one of the most successful coaches in Portugals history.

I disagree about Branko however, both of these coaches are simply not good enough and I wouldn't hire them to coach TM.

Comment

Carlos Queiroz brought a Revolution to our Football.
                  We managed to beat the best African Team Morocco, tie against the European Champions with Ronaldo, merely lose to Spain by one goal and yet people here come and write nonsense about our beloved Head Coach who stayed with us for more than 8 years, through Sanctions and hardships. May i remind you guys that in any other World Cup Group we would have probably made it out of the Group ?! He discovered Gholizadeh, Azmun, Taremi, Beiranvand, Ghoddos, Dejagah, Gucci, Jahanbakhsh etc for our Team Melli and gave us Prestige.... something our country hasn‘t been able to achieve for 40 years under Islamic Fanatic dictatorship...
                  Anyone who is against Carlos Queiroz lacks common sense. Go and watch cricket for gods sake

Comment

Originally posted by rightoussoul View Post
                    You get the most of the things you say about CQ right! Unfortunately Iranians and their gharibe parasti culture don't like to see this reality. There is no doubt that some of the BS we were going through at the end was the federations fault but to say CQ had nothing to do with it!

As you say CQ has a history of toxicity and blaming others! In Portugal he blamed alot of his issues on Scolari! Scolari interestingly enough is considered one of the most successful coaches in Portugals history.

I disagree about Branko however, both of these coaches are simply not good enough and I wouldn't hire them to coach TM.
                    Finally I saw a comment in PFDC that I really enjoyed reading it. Bro I did not say Branko Ivankovic is good enough for national team. Branko Ivankovic is nobody in world football. I just said I take Branko Ivankovic over CQ as a more talented head coach. CQ could not get along with Portugal, South Africa and UAE federations either. Those federations could not tolerate his behaviors and excuses as long as us.

Unfortunately CQ did not mind to belittle us with his comments when he felt he had to do that to make excuses for his possible failures. Look at some of his embarrassing comments:

1. Australia, Japan, and Korea are guaranteed semi-berth and we fight with 4-5 teams for other berth. He also said for us to be labelled favorites is an ill-fitting tag.

* Answer: Personally I am not against denying being favorite if you want to take the pressure of from your players but I am against hurting the confidence of your players. Instead of saying stupid things like this, he could say something like we do not think about being favorite or under-dog. What we think about is only work.

2. Qatar bankrolled IR Iran's AFC Asian Cup 2019 campaign

* Answer: Even if this is true, you at least got what you needed which were training in the best possible field and 6 friendly matches prior to AC.

The following comment from one of bigsoccer fans about CQ is like a gold (http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/201...ost-37454900):

It's our dumb clown of a coach that always uses this kind of terminology. He uses it to preemptively make excuses in case of a possible failure. But the clueless fans attribute it to "mind games." Personally, I find it silly, obnoxious and inexcusable.

Comment

. Due to his performance as Portugal head coach, no one in Europe trusted him as a head coach anymore and that is why he came Iran.
                      This is simply not true - it was his insults of the anti-doping team which really got the media against him - he is hot-headed as we all know. If the portugal fans you are friends with are as passionate as the ones I know, they would tell you this. His performances were fine though sometimes inconsistent (but not more so than other coaches around the time), most portugal fans will attest to this. And he isn't as unpopular as you suggest.

The only team he did quite poorly for was Real Madrid.

For Man United, he is seen very positively. He changed their game and they credit his influence for their glory years.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
                        Carlos Queiroz brought a Revolution to our Football.
                        We managed to beat the best African Team Morocco, tie against the European Champions with Ronaldo, merely lose to Spain by one goal and yet people here come and write nonsense about our beloved Head Coach who stayed with us for more than 8 years, through Sanctions and hardships. May i remind you guys that in any other World Cup Group we would have probably made it out of the Group ?! He discovered Gholizadeh, Azmun, Taremi, Beiranvand, Ghoddos, Dejagah, Gucci, Jahanbakhsh etc for our Team Melli and gave us Prestige.... something our country hasn‘t been able to achieve for 40 years under Islamic Fanatic dictatorship...

Anyone who is against Carlos Queiroz lacks common sense. Go and watch cricket for gods sake
                        He had 8 years time. Any decent foreign coach with 8 years time is expected to achieve something big like R16 in the WC or winning the AC but he failed both at the end of day. I did not expect him much in first 3 years but I expected him more in next 5 years. We would not have reached R16 of WC 2018 in any other group due to our playing style which was putting all 11 players behind the ball. Any coach would have invited those players. Those players were not discovered by CQ. He just invited them for first time to the national team and any coach would have done that if they were instead of CQ.

Regard the next coach, I am just hoping for a decent foreign coach not necessarily very big and expensive one. I would be happy with the likes of Paul Le Guen, Michael Laudrup, Juan Antonio Pizzi, etc.

Comment

He had 8 years time. Any decent foreign coach with 8 years time is expected to achieve something big like R16 in the WC or winning the AC but he failed both at the end of day..
                          What is your expectation in IR system? Any decent foreign coach in another country doesn't have to work with this. My hope and expectation were the number of infrastructural changes , changes in the ethos of the team (from slapping each other in 2004 to not passing to each other in 2006 to fighting and dying for each other in 2014-2018), and sowing seeds for the future within this damaged soil.

That's what I wanted. That's what I got.

Comment

CQ became popular in the world football because of joining Manchester United as an assistant coach and doing extremely well there. Because of his performance in Man United as an assistant manager, he got two opportunities as a head coach Real Madrid and Portugal but he failed both miserably. His performance as head coach in Real Madrid and Portugal was like the performance of a college student who is guaranteed F grade after the first month of the class. Due to his performance as Real Madrid and Portugal head coach, no one in Europe trusted him as a head coach anymore and that is why he came Iran.
                            He is a good trainer, good team organizer, good in discovering new domestic players that are really national team material, but I just do not rate him as a head coach. He is not a head coach or tactician IMO. His teams can hardly play offensive/ball possession football. He emphasizes so much on defensive tactics, physical strength, and parking the bus that kills the essence of the game. He has no attention to play makers, creative technical players and entertaining football tactics.
                            Before WC 2018, we asked Portuguese fans about their best and worst manager in last two decades and every single of them said CQ was their worst manager by miles. (http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/roa...#post-36322452)
                            You hardly see any Portuguese football fan who likes CQ. In WC 2018 group B thread of BigSoccer, Portuguese said they are extremely happy that they got rid of CQ. They said his face shows mediocrity. The guy always complain and blame others. He always look for excuses. Do not have time to find the exact bigsoccer page here.
                            Yes if we go by popularity, Branko Ivankovic is nowhere near CQ. If we go by who is more talented as a head coach, I pick Branko Ivankovic. Regard CQ, his teams can never win when they are behind unlike Branko Ivankovic. Yes I prefer Branko Ivankovic over CQ in terms being more talented and better head coach.
                            S vatan jan,
                            Not familiar with the coaching world. Assuming that top coaches need to have all their demands met or they will throw a diva fit.

u might be right concerning some of the points u made, however don't think it's necessary to dissect his resumé so thoroughly, we're not providing A+ means for them to succeed. We're not A+ material.
                            Any coach we get or have had in the past won't have/ didn't have an easy mission. It's not supposed to be easy but there are limits...
                            CQ was the ONE for TM, bring in the best coach in the world and he still won't be able to do much more...nor willing to go the extra mile.
                            Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanaz80 View Post
                              CQ was the ONE for TM, bring in the best coach in the world and he still won't be able to do much more.
                              Exactly,

I genuinely think some of these folk are living in a kind of La La Land, where everything is rosy and you don't have to fight against the system and cronies for every little thing. Another member was talking about CQ getting 10 million for training camps and travel.. What 10 million? Where are these figures coming from?

Queiroz wasn't perfect but if you can't appreciate all the intangible and unquantifiable things he did, then we can't really discuss anything because you're being purposefully myopic.

Comment

Commenting on CQs coaching and comparing it to Brankos in a negative light is disingenious.

First off, we are talking about a team with no inner strife. CQ cut out all the snakes in Rahmati, Aghili, Alipour, Sadeghian and any overly egotistical player who thinks a yekidopa is a measure of being a good footballer. He also rallied the team anf had everyone on the same page psychologically. Not a single team melli player actually "thought" they were the underdogs.

But again, living in the virtual slavery that is the islamic republic, Iranians think any opportunity not to bigmouth ourselves/pose and show off overconfidence is a chance wasted(ask anyone about problems in Iran and they start referencing the Cyrus human rights cylinder...wtf)

Branko could not control his own locker room and player mentality. We had embarassing GLOBALLY TELEVISED situations twice under Branko..one being Rezaei/Badavi fight.... another the world cup fiasco. This is the pinnacle of amateurism. That alone disqualifies any comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X