Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    Stephens got a red in the 34th minute, Brighton was doing well before that. Shocked they held onto a tie after 60 minutes down a man anyway
    They lost. There was no tie.

Comment

Poor football overall. Cardiff 2-1 FT.

Resting Bruno was a mistake, passing out of defence was crap from Brighton this time out. Stephens got to a 60-40 ball and was sent off. Knockaert too slow for long breakaways. Bissouma gets dispossessed too often for a defensive midfielder.

I thought pre-season we needed another midfielder rather than another winger. Now with a 3 match ban for Stephens it is more the case.
      One good point: Andone looks promising.

Comment

The centre back partnership are keeping this club from being relegation candidates at the moment.

But I don't understand the point of spending money on players like JB when the build-up play is so poor. He got all those assists and goals for a middling club in the Dutch league by getting the ball to him enough times during the game. Otherwise he will stay an anonymous, peripheral figure. It's like having a Maserati in your garage but thrusting the key of a Paykan into it.

Comment

3 ARJ starts = 3 BHA WINS

1st ARJ missed game due to injury = BHA LOSS

Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            they lost vs Everton (last week) when he played.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

It's Bruno whom Brighton are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                In my opinion as I've said before, Brighton's style is very defensive, they rely on one guy for goals. It's tough to win many matches like that! Bruno or Montoya, doesn't make a big difference!

Comment

yes mate, bruno is the reason brighton cannot complete two passes. Keep telling yourself that.

Reality is, brightons style of football is atrocious, and actually doesnt match the players they have brought. There is a reason CH doesnt really get trusted by PL clubs for an extended period of time. His style of play is so negative and now its backfiring. Brighton have been crap all season and not bc bruno isnt there.

And like I said, dale stephens is just a disaster. You guys keep trying to pass him off as the second coming of busquets, but atrocious today as usual and picked up a red card too...

I have no idea why ARJ chose this team. AT leicester he would have been a starter playing for a way better coach and players. In fact, even if he fails miserably at brighton, it would be harsh to blame him.The team is just the literal opposite of his playing style, doesnt suit his strengths at all.

From now on andone needs to start, ARJ needs to start, Bissouma needs to start, and Groß needs to return. Put your best players on the pitch and give them license to do things in the offensive third, while maintaining defensive shape.

----------------Ryan---------------

Montoya--Dunk---Duffy---Bernardo

------propper/kayal----Bissouma

ARJ-----------Groß--------Izquierdo

-------------Andone----------

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                    In my opinion as I've said before, Brighton's style is very defensive, they rely on one guy for goals. It's tough to win many matches like that! Bruno or Montoya, doesn't make a big difference!
                    With Bruno its all about composure, reading the game and playing the ball out of defence. His composure adds to the defence stabiity and collectively they play the ball out of defence better, results indicated very strongly the same last season. Also Bruno gets on the same wavelength of the winger in front better if its Knockaert. Lots of misunderstandings with Jahanbakhsh vs Wolves.

For creation the missing link is Pascal Groß.

Comment

Brighton rideh
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

With Bruno its all about composure, reading the game and playing the ball out of defence. His composure adds to the defence stabiity and collectively they play the ball out of defence better, results indicated very strongly the same last season. Also Bruno gets on the same wavelength of the winger in front better if its Knockaert. Lots of misunderstandings with Jahanbakhsh vs Wolves.

For creation the missing link is Pascal Groß.
                        sure, maybe but with Bruno and Knockeart this team wasn't able to do better than 14th I believe. What's your solution?

Comment

Brighton vs. Leicester next match this should get juicy

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                            Brighton vs. Leicester next match this should get juicy
                            Juicy like ARJ gets a brace?

Comment

humm..!! tough loss for brighton
                              sorta game they needed to at least take a point from..!!
                              that straight red to Stephens and the ensuing suspension is gonna hurt even worse with all the injuries they been having in CM (which was already the biggest problem area for BHA..!)

guess, now im glad Alireza took no part in this debacle ..!!

wonder if CH would now chance moving ARJ to CAM/10spot and see how he would fair in that role..?? he has been positioned more as a Wingback so far than a winger and although he hasnt faired well at all in possession and on the attacking front, he has played a rock solid defensive job on the wings in the minutes he has gotten on pitch..!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                                sure, maybe but with Bruno and Knockeart this team wasn't able to do better than 14th I believe. What's your solution?
                                It's not my decision. If it was I would only play one winger in a 4-3-3 or a Capello style 4-4-2.

As CH likes 4-4-1-1 with two wingers and there has to be a short term solution with Bruno and Murray, and a longer term solution without Bruno and Murray.

I'd always play Izquierdo as an inverted winger on the left as he is much quicker and better at shooting than the others. So that leaves the choice only who is the right winger, the left footed Knockaert or the right footed Jahanbakhsh?

I've not seen enough of Jahanbakhsh to say would be the most effective?

Comment

Working...
                                X