Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, the novelty of having a TM and an international game will bring in more fans for these cities. Certainly more than Tehran.

Secondly, these stadia are smaller than azadi, which means in case of a smaller crowd, it still will be more intimidating.
    A 15-20 K in azadi, aside from its pathetic look, is nothing and actually is cause for much shame and finally, it will look like 10 K. But the same 15-20 K in a stadium with 40-60 K capacity will be rather decent showing.

But it's not all about the capacity of a stadium. It is also whether the city can host an international event elegantly and decently, considering its infrastructure. Meaning hotels, roads, airport, ... etc.
    Sadly wit this regime renovating and upgrading of Lebanese and Syrian cities are more important than our own .... using IRANIAN money !!!

Comment

The problem with Azadi is the simple fact that it has been overused and lost it's atmosphere. This is what happens when every Tehrani team plays there in the ACL. Many Asian players and teams are now use to it and also people don't want to pay and come watch unexciting games, which is what that has been associated with our style of playing through out the CQ era.

Comment

Stadiums, my favourite topic....

The Japan friendly was in the middle of the week. I had already guessed that the stadium wouldn't be full, but only 10.000 is shameful.
        TM needs to move away from Tehran and Tehrani fans need some competition, so they come to appreciate the privilege of seeing their national team again.

From next season Mashhad and Ahvaz stadiums will be ready and they are perfect for games vs smaller opponents, and friendlies. Also the fans will be way more enthusiastic which would give us a real home advantage also at minor games. Not to forget that the new stadiums are inside the cities and better accessible for people.

However there is a question mark on Ahvaz. They might be building the perfect football stadium, but the city lacks in hotels and infrastructure to host international events. Do not underestimate the importance of a good international airport with many international connections. It has to be attractive to the guest team to travel there. So far only tehran, tabriz and mashhad have acceptable international airports.

Kerman is also building a new football stadium that might be completed untill next season as well. It is not as nice as Ahvaz, but Kerman is better in the hotel section.

Btw these stadiums are perfect for youth games and especially youth tournaments. From now on IFF should aggressively pursue hosting asian youth tournaments with the stadiums in Mashhad, Ahvaz, Kerman and a smaller stadium in Tehran, eg. Takhti stadium or that new Rahahan (Sorinet) stadium (if they can't let it then Azadi again).

And if Sepahan finishes its stadium for next season, then we will have a real alternative for the major games as well! Esfahan is Iran's actual football capital and with a stadium like that plus fans that will be hungry for TM games, it will create that typically Iranian, infamous home game atmosphere.
        Also bear in mind that Shiraz is building a similar stadium (might take another year) like Esfahan, having similar circumstances in hosting an event like that.

So soon (just in time to create a new euphoria ahead of the next world cup) we will have Tehran, Esfahan and Shiraz for major games (and we should share the games between these three) and Mashhad, Kerman, and Ahvaz for minor games.
        This will create a sort of competition where all cities will compete with each other in who has the best fans and who supports TM best. And even Tehranis will feel challenged in their pride and they will show up to the games to show the rest of Iran who still the masters are.

The winner in all this is our Team Melli. With every home game sold out and the fans supporting hard we will be close to invincible at home.

Comment

I would have loved to be at this game in Azadi It's a shame that so little people go, I would go to every TM game if I lived in Iran. I have gone to 3 games so far and it was such an unbelievable experience. I still remember Ali Karimi waving in our direction, I felt like I had finally (almost) met him in real life
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
            I would have loved to be at this game in Azadi It's a shame that so little people go, I would go to every TM game if I lived in Iran. I have gone to 3 games so far and it was such an unbelievable experience. I still remember Ali Karimi waving in our direction, I felt like I had finally (almost) met him in real life
            Iran vs KSA @ Azadi in 1997 for 98 WCQ. 110,000+ in Azadi. One of the most exhilarating moments of my life.

Comment

For azadi to have any effect and impact on the visiting team, it has to house at least 55-60 K spectators. Anything less than this minimum is just useless and even counterproductive.

How often do we see these numbers during TM games?
              And how far do we have to go back to see at least a game or two having such numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                For azadi to have any effect and impact on the visiting team, it has to house at least 55-60 K spectators. Anything less than this minimum is just useless and even counterproductive.

How often do we see these numbers during TM games?
                And how far do we have to go back to see at least a game or two having such numbers?
                People in Tehran don't seem interested in watching football matches anymore. Just visiting Tehran, it seems like no one has patience for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                  The problem with Azadi is the simple fact that it has been overused and lost it's atmosphere. This is what happens when every Tehrani team plays there in the ACL. Many Asian players and teams are now use to it and also people don't want to pay and come watch unexciting games, which is what that has been associated with our style of playing through out the CQ era.
                  If people want to watch TM (like a movie or a theater), I prefer them to stay at home and focus on their egoistic life (for the richest one). Coming to stadium is to support TM, nothing less.

Comment

When Yahya Golmohamdi was a high school english language teacher

Daee is on right and the young kid in the middle is the current captain of Gostaresh Foolad, Morteza Asadi

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1275054...9%DA%A9%D8%B3)

Comment

Damn, that picture makes me feel old.

Comment

Attendance in Azadi isn't the issue, the issue is that every game, no matter how many spectators are expected, is played in a stadium that houses 100,000 people. We should be playing more games in other cities, other people who haven't had the chance to watch TM will come out and watch, Team Melli gets support, everyone is happy.
                        Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                        محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                        - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                          AGREE! I even flew to Qatar to see Ali Karimi!!

Comment

TM U-23 players stayed after winning their championship and cleaned their locker. According to 90, this made the cleaners of the stadium (who were indian) very happy and surprised.

Comment

Vouria Ghafouri will be away and won't be fit for three weeks

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1275143...AF%DB%8C%D9%86

Comment

Champions Matchday Magazine wrote an article about Hertaberlin's run in the 1999-2000 UEFA champions leauge tornument and a large part of it was about Ali Daei and the goals he scored against Chelsea and AC Milan.

You can read the article (in Persian) here :

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1275189...84%DB%8C%D9%86

Comment

Working...
                                X