• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
    Check out Masoud mustache in Qatar

wtf Masoud

Comment

Cant believe some of you guys want an iranian coach after CQ??

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
        Cant believe some of you guys want an iranian coach after CQ??
        we will go back to the "daste khodast" and "salavat" times.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
          we will go back to the "daste khodast" and "salavat" times.
          or the great "aberoo mandaneh bakhtim" era
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Sorry for Branko. We don't go back to square 1. He was slightly better than Iranian coaches but he was played around by IR a lot (Something CQ does not let IR to do). I won't forget how IR forced a low quality FW to our NT like Rasol Khatibi while we had at least 10 better FW in IPL and this ruined our chances in WC 2006 along Daei vs Karimi conflict as usual. If CQ was there he put both Daei and Karimi on bench to set them straight. CQ had the power and courage to put Rahmati, Khalatbari, Aghili, Shojaei, Ansarifard, ... out of Team Melli. This is how a coach should behave. I am not sure if IFF can keep CQ until 2018 WC but if he stays we have a better chance to qualify. We need a coach in future that have the same management power of CQ plus better arrangement and offensive tactics in the pitch. CQ taught discipline to our NT players and that alone helped the team a lot.

Comment

No thanks. Ivankovic did a piss poor job at the World Cup 2006 with the player material he had. Karimi, Zandi, Hashemian, Rezaei and Mahdavikia all in the prime and we ended below Angola

Comment

Branko was an above average coach at best. When it came down, he just did not have the guts to have discipline in the camp. His biggest mistake was taking Daie to WC 06. We were essentially playing with 10 men when he was on the field. He also had a nasty habit of pulling the team back as soon as we scored a goal, and were one up.

While he is much better than any Vatani coaches, his era is over and I would not want him back.

Comment

I would give Scolari a try after WC 2018, he has a lot of experience in Asia and played against Zob Ahan in the ACL

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                    I would give Scolari a try after WC 2018, he has a lot of experience in Asia and played against Zob Ahan in the ACL
                    Scolari will be 70 years old by then, and most likely retired.

Comment

Guys stop thinking about CQ leaving and some other bullshit.. Our first priority right now is to qualify for WC...

Comment

I think CQ will be with us through AC 2019.

Comment

I'm not a fan of CQ, we play boring football under him, but he is better than the alternatives so i'd rather him stay.

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
                            I'm not a fan of CQ, we play boring football under him, but he is better than the alternatives so i'd rather him stay.
                            Boring football? Ask IFF first to provide facilities to him and give him what he wants. The funny thing is that you people expect CQ to come and make us the best team in the world where we have one of the worst infrastructures. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by persian_cheetah View Post
                              Boring football? Ask IFF first to provide facilities to him and give him what he wants. The funny thing is that you people expect CQ to come and make us the best team in the world where we have one of the worst infrastructures. SMH
                              He played like that with Portugal too its just his style

Comment

what does the fact that CQ prefers a more defensive approach (AKA boring to some fans) has to do with facilities? that dosen't make any sense.

CQ has gone on recored saying many times that the only thing he cares about is win, not winning with a lot of goals, not beautiful game, but win. That's just his style and there is nothing wrong with it. In fact winning is the most important thing in football, but some fans do find that boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X