This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Top players in the JPL: the 10 most efficient finishers

The corona virus is currently laying down European football, so no matches are being played in the Jupiler Pro League. Fortunately, thanks to the special competition format in Belgium, we have almost completed the full regular season. Based on those 29 games, we can look for which players in this campaign excelled in a number of key elements of the game. Today: the 10 best finishers in the JPL!

As a striker it should not always look beautiful. Indeed, effectiveness is of greater importance. One of the greatest strengths of an attacker is therefore his efficiency for goal, and preferably based on the economic principle: to extract as many hits as possible from as few chances as possible. We translate that principle into the goalgetters on the Belgian fields.

6. KAVEH REZAEI (CHARLEROI)

47 tries, 12 goals

25.53% chance of scoring

12 goals in 22 matches: Kaveh Rezaeican look back on an efficient season. Also based on the number of opportunities, the Charleroi striker sticks out above the pack. The successful tactic of Karim Belhocine, in which the Iranian can fully utilize his speed on the counter, is therefore perfectly suited to his needs. Although that does require a cool frog for goal, a role that Rezaei took on with verve. Currently, the mercenary occupies fourth place in the top marksman position, ahead of all attackers of mother club Club Brugge. Wouldn't they regret Jan Breydel for letting him go?"

http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/494...tste-afwerkers

Comment

"' Surprising transfer for Rezaei, Club Brugge can earn millions'

Club Brugge rents Kaveh Rezaei (27) to Sporting Charleroi until the end of this season. Nobody knows where Rezaei will play next season.

Chances are that Rezaei will not get a new chance at Club Brugge, but that the Iranian will not stay at Charleroi either. After all, that would not be willing to pay several million for the striker.

It is clear to Club Brugge: Rezaei is allowed to leave, provided he brings in several million. Club wants to recoup as much of the invested 5 million euros as possible.

Abroad?
      From abroad there is interest from teams that are willing to meet Club Brugge 's wishes. It suddenly looks like that blue-black will still earn money from Rezaei."

https://voetbal24.be/news/59956/verr...enen-verdienen

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
        "' Surprising transfer for Rezaei, Club Brugge can earn millions'

Club Brugge rents Kaveh Rezaei (27) to Sporting Charleroi until the end of this season. Nobody knows where Rezaei will play next season.

Chances are that Rezaei will not get a new chance at Club Brugge, but that the Iranian will not stay at Charleroi either. After all, that would not be willing to pay several million for the striker.

It is clear to Club Brugge: Rezaei is allowed to leave, provided he brings in several million. Club wants to recoup as much of the invested 5 million euros as possible.

Abroad?
        From abroad there is interest from teams that are willing to meet Club Brugge 's wishes. It suddenly looks like that blue-black will still earn money from Rezaei."

https://voetbal24.be/news/59956/verr...enen-verdienen
        Probably Ligue 1 bottom-tier teams, could may as well be Serie A bottom-tier teams like Hellas Verona like how they loaned Sofyan Amrabat.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          Probably Ligue 1 bottom-tier teams, could may as well be Serie A bottom-tier teams like Hellas Verona like how they loaned Sofyan Amrabat.
          midtable spanish teams (levante) were rumored to be interested before. As well as marseille.

I think it will probably be better than bottom tier Ligue 1 teams because he has now performed at an extremely high level for multiple seasons, backing up his quality and proving he is no 1 hit wonder.

Comment

Question: Guys If you have to pick one out of Mehdi Torabi and Ali Gholizadeh, who do you pick?

Comment

Originally posted by M.U.F.C View Post
              Question: Guys If you have to pick one out of Mehdi Torabi and Ali Gholizadeh, who do you pick?
              Gholi and its not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                Gholi and its not even close.
                Ghoddos or Gholizadeh? Who do you pick out of those two?

Comment

Gholizadeh offers everything Torabi does with better passing and vision.

Comment

Torabi is the better:

-Finisher
                    -Shooter

Gholizadeh is the better:

-Dribbler
                    -Passer
                    -Higher IQ winger

Comment

gholizadeh has proven himself very well in belgium recently. he has improved physique, shown he can adapt game to play more one touch football and even in deeper central mid/attacking mid roles, but still use the AK8
                      esque dribbling vs better, more physical defenders. He has also really improved decision making and end product

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9_7B1mFPVh/
                      here is his highlight reel (8 mins) from past year. Really impressive.
                      His shooting from outside the box is actually quite good, as evidenced in the TM venezuela match, charleroi matches too.

Torabi is a much more physical, direct winger, 6ft tall and very sturdy. Good speed and dribbling ability, with great long shots as you mention ramin jan.
                      If torabi were to take the plunge to europe at any point in the next 1-2 years I think he would show a high performance level there too bc he is a very talented player.

If I had to compare two directly I would say that Gholi is more of a playmaking winger/attacking mid whereas torabi is more direct and physical. Torabi also has tendency to go missing in some games, I think this is partly a mental thing and byproduct of staying in iran, whereas gholizadeh is very active in almost all games he plays.

Comment

So based on what I read, the majority of you guys prefer Gholizadeh over Torabi.

Question: Ghoddos or Gholizadeh? Which one do you prefer if you have to pick one?

Comment

I guess the majority of you guys prefer Ghoddos over Gholizadeh but I am interested to hear from you guys about this as well.

Comment

I guess the majority of you guys prefer Ghoddos over Gholizadeh but I am interested to hear from you guys about this as well.
                            Depends on matchup.

If its an Arab team that is going to park the bus--> Gholizadeh.

If an East Asian team/Saudi--> Ghoddos

Comment

I'd rather test out Ghodoos & Rezaie in a more Attacking CM Position where we currently are badly lacking quality and reinforcement..!
                              our only remaining legit option there is Dejagha and that dude's getting awful old and his legs may well be gone ? or giving out by now ..?
                              this COVID club football layoff probably a blessing especially for him..! Healthy and especially Well-Rested Ashkan is often an absolute Beast ready to unleash on any formidable opponent ..!

Comment

Torabi. You have to be physically fit to survive in Europe. He is almost full package, but Gholizadeh has better vision.

Comment

Working...
                                X