Iran vs. South Korea (Asian derby) | 11.6.2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    If 5-6 players are missing it's not a B team, whether Iran or Korea. Am not sure where this is coming from personally, because I don't think we've ever used this before. My only theory is that it's been a while since we used an actual B team for a game (I think Oceano led the B team in 2015 once but i've forgotten the opponent).

B team is a distinct squad, I used to watch some of England B games live in the 90s and they had 2-3 players who were from the A but were lacking in form. The rest were the next best players after the best squad of 23.

For Iran, we have used our B team for certain secondary tournaments.

This was Iran's B team in the 2005 Islamic Solidarity Games, as you can see it is mostly the second tier of mid-2000 players with a few up and coming players who would get into the A team shortly:

Ershad Yousefi
    Vahid Talebloo
    Amir Hossein Yousefi
    Sattar Zare
    Javad Shirzad
    Ali Ghorbani
    Hamid Reza Farzaneh
    Mohammad Navazi
    Mehrdad Oladi
    Fereydoon Fazli
    Asghar Rameshgar
    Ali Ashourizad
    Pejman Nouri
    Yadollah Akbari
    Ebrahim Taghipour
    Mojtaba Jabbari
    Reza Haj-Osbouei
    Amir Hossein Sadeghi
    Masoud Shojaei
    Mehdi Rajabzadeh
    Andranik Teymourian
    Hamidreza Zohani

This was Iran's B team for the 2007 WAFF.

Hassan ROUDBARIAN
    Sepehr HEYDARI
    Mojtaba SHIRI
    Hashim BEIGZADEH
    Jalal HOSSEINI
    Kianoush RAHMATI
    Maysam BAEO
    Maziar ZARE
    Hossein BADAMAKI
    Mehdi RAJABZADEH
    Milad MEYDAVOUDI
    Amir SHAPOURZADEH
    Khosrow HEYDARI
    Saber MIRGHORBANI
    of course i am not saying its an official B team while we have an A team as well but a 2nd string side without some key starters. you are taking the term 'B team' too literally. The point was even without some key starters we still did pretty well in this friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
      Lol we drew against Korea because they made a own goal.

It looked like we played without a plan tbh.
      No we had a plan.
      score goals and don't give up any.

We can not expect much from the coaching staff after 2 weeks.

hopefully we will have a more fluid game next time.
      I usually don't like to say we were missing players

But I think we would have been better with Azmoun and Ghoddos.

Also Koreans wanted this game a lot more than us

Comment

our defenders literally got smashed against each other like nare khars leaving an open ball for the koreans to put in the back of the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
          our defenders literally got smashed against each other like nare khars leaving an open ball for the koreans to put in the back of the net.
          The Koreans also showed a bit of flair on the ball, running at our defence with the ball and turning the defence inside out many a times. Their players have good skill on the ball. Our attackers didn’t do that much, they either passed the ball when confronted with a defender or tried to take a shot. With Ashkan, golizadeh and ghoddos we probably would have taken their defence on and drawn mistakes from them.

Comment

Anyone has a link for the replay with Farsi commentary, I watched the game with korean commentary and would like to see it again with Farsi commentary. Thanks.

Comment

The question of A team and B team was only relevant before CQ's time. Now we have 2-3 equally good players in each position. I don't think TM would have increased tremendously in quality if Azmoun replaced either of Ansarifard or Taremi! The same goes to the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                The question of A team and B team was only relevant before CQ's time. Now we have 2-3 equally good players in each position. I don't think TM would have increased tremendously in quality if Azmoun replaced either of Ansarifard or Taremi! The same goes to the rest.
                I tend to have a different opinion in regards to your last statement. I think azmoun would have made a huge difference, I remember a pass to Karim in almost the middle of the 18 yard box with clear sight of goal and he took an eternity to control and decide what to do with it, by the time he took the shot the defender was right in front of him who block the shot. He also had a few other opportunities that azmoun, who is a bit faster, would have potentially done better with.

Comment

Although friendlies should never be as a platform to whine and complain about losses/subs etc. But was I the only one who thought ARJ played a bit too selfishly? On several occasions he had Karim and other players on much better scoring positions that he could have made a simple pass and have them score but he kept on opting weak shots that either barely made on target or just went wide!

As entertaining we played and as many opportunities we created but our defense definitely had a dismal display for sure. TM defense desperately needs a big shake up.

All in all a pleasing and heart-warming performance!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    I think Azmoun is our best player and his aerial game is the closest thing we have to the highest tier of class. Although I agree with your point about having good players in every position (perhaps except central midfield and attacking CM/playmaker roles. We certainly are stacked in the wing-forward positions with about six players who can play either flank ) I do think Azmoun is a level or two better than any other centre forward we have and having a threat like him available is better for the big opponents.

Having said that , Taremi is also important but his role is more of the support striker and his actual importance is augmented based on his understanding with Azmoun, let alone his awkward style of play and how he stretches the opponent defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                      Although friendlies should never be as a platform to whine and complain about losses/subs etc. But was I the only one who thought ARJ played a bit too selfishly? On several occasions he had Karim and other players on much better scoring positions that he could have made a simple pass and have them score but he kept on opting weak shots that either barely made on target or just went wide!
                      As entertaining we played and as many opportunities we created but our defense definitely had a dismal display for sure. TM defense desperately needs a big shake up.
                      These are the best defenders our country has to offer so im not sure what you mean when you say a big shake up is required
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Comment

Iran vs. South Korea (Asian derby) | 11.6.2019

Originally posted by Keano View Post

Jahanbakhsh had a rough year and his bad decisions on the pitch is as result of of his desperation to prove himself,
                          he is also not being used where he should be used which effects his performance on the pitch,
                          The AZ Alkmar coach knew exactly how to use him on the pitch in order to unlock his talent and strength,
                          sadly both CQ and his current club coach were/are not using him accordingly, I hope our new NT coach doesn’t repeat that mistake or else we will see the end of this talented player as his self confidence is and will be deteriorating further
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

i wonder what korean sites and fans are saying about the game last night?

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
                              I saw this. Our player looks like a stallion, while Son looks like he's wearing a sports bra.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                I saw this. Our player looks like a stallion, while Son looks like he's wearing a sports bra.
                                Id love to have an upper body like kannani
                                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Working...
                                X