Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like always, we are dependent on a good coach to guide us to the world cup. Without a good coach who is able to create a formula that will bring us the winning results, we will not qualify. Time has shown that TM will not qualify for the world cup based only on good players by Asian standards. The formula of bad coaches and good players does not work for us as history has shown.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      It'll be a new chapter for Iranian football it should. There are some things that CQ introduced into our football that should always be kept like how some other coaches did.

Improved physical training and the disposal of all hashieh inducing players for instance. If only he's send a book with all his defensive strategies also.

Right now nostalgia for CQ is because our IFF and Tarbiat Badani got us into this position with short sighted moves for bad coaches and for making things with CQ and our players so nasty.

Everyone has to move on eventually

That is definitely part of the reason. Even if Carlos queiroz was just an ok coach at best for us, the nostalgia would still exist because our situation is now worse.

However, the biggest reason for this nostalgia is the fact that he did an incredible job with us, much better than anyone else before him.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
        That is definitely part of the reason. Even if Carlos queiroz was just an ok coach at best for us, the nostalgia would still exist because our situation is now worse.
        However, the biggest reason for this nostalgia is the fact that he did an incredible job with us, much better than anyone else before him.
        He always seemed to have a plan going into a game which is something we severely lacked vs Bahrain and Iraq.
        Skocic hopefully can reunite our players into a unit.

Comment

Yeah our players that were old enough do...but 10 years from now they will be retiring/already retired.

Don't forget CQ wrote the Q Report which helped the US set up a process for recruiting youth in the early 2000s. Too much of an effort was made by his opponents to erase his legacy.

Skocic is making the right steps to raise morale right now. Hopefully he shows an equal amount of intensity when we need it the most so we get back on track.
          Well Skocic is very lucky to have a break in the Corona virus time. As you say he's already taken steps to talk to the players and raise their morals. I hope he uses the rest of this time to analyze both TM and our opponents. If I was him, I would have sat down and watched all our opponents' last 30 games during these Corona times and taken notes. I would have gotten to know everything about them, from their players down to the names of their abdarchis, cheerleaders, their families, relatives, dogs, etc. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Well Skocic is very lucky to have a break in the Corona virus time. As you say he's already taken steps to talk to the players and raise their morals. I hope he uses the rest of this time to analyze both TM and our opponents. If I was him, I would have sat down and watched all our opponents' last 30 games during these Corona times and taken notes. I would have gotten to know everything about them, from their players down to the names of their abdarchis, cheerleaders, their families, relatives, dogs, etc. lol
            LOL.

That definitely sounds CQ like.

Admittedly I do not follow PGL as closely as others but I believe Skocic will overload Hong Kong and Cambodia like any sensible coach would at this stage.

Then he'll work on an attacking strategy to create chances while giving adequate defensive cover.

Comment

Making the World Cup will depend solely on if the players respect Skocic or not.
              Talent wise, TM should EASILY make the World Cup consistently.. It's all about that respect factor towards the manager.

CQ had major respect from the dressing room and players went all out for him. Wilmots did not have that respect and the results showed it.
              Lets see if Skocic can get that and have the players go all out for him. So far, he's doing a good job building relationships within the team which is something Wimots lacked

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                Making the World Cup will depend solely on if the players respect Skocic or not.
                Talent wise, TM should EASILY make the World Cup consistently.. It's all about that respect factor towards the manager.

CQ had major respect from the dressing room and players went all out for him. Wilmots did not have that respect and the results showed it.
                Lets see if Skocic can get that and have the players go all out for him. So far, he's doing a good job building relationships within the team which is something Wimots lacked
                I disagree, what is the most important is the player selection.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  I disagree, what is the most important is the player selection.
                  I think both player selection and Coach's respect are at play. There is also tactical acumen of the coach and the players, preparation, physical condition before and after games, nutrition, player rotation, logistics and management by IFF, friendlies, etc. etc.

In other words, there are a lot of components to a successful campaign. We were very lucky that we had a coach that was so confident and so dedicated that he pushed back on IFF and whoever else that stood in his way. He was a good football manager, as well as a good overall manager. He was so globally accomplished and respected that when the likes of Mayeli, Ghalenoi, Derakhsan, or any of the other jokers tried to criticize him, they only managed to make fools of themselves.

The jury is still out on the new guy. But if he has only 1/2 the abilities of CQ, we may be able to limp across to the WC. Otherwise, we are doomed.
                  Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

LOL.

That definitely sounds CQ like.

Admittedly I do not follow PGL as closely as others but I believe Skocic will overload Hong Kong and Cambodia like any sensible coach would at this stage.

Then he'll work on an attacking strategy to create chances while giving adequate defensive cover.
                    I'm not so worried about Cambodia and Hong Kong. We will win against them with ease. I'm more worried about Iraq and Bahrain. We need to win all our games to make sure to qualify to the next round. We have the advantage of home games against both of them so that's good. But Skocic needs to make sure we win against them convincingly. Cause even if we qualify to the next round, much stronger teams await us there. Hopefully he's busing watching games and taking notes these days.

Comment

For once, the world knows the situation of Iran with the lack of friendlies, test match. I think we may deal the situation better than our opponents.
                      Specially we have a lot of legionnaires that will keep training with their euro clubs.

The question is whether we will have important players injuried for the qualifiers

Comment

I'm not so worried about Cambodia and Hong Kong. We will win against them with ease. I'm more worried about Iraq and Bahrain. We need to win all our games to make sure to qualify to the next round. We have the advantage of home games against both of them so that's good. But Skocic needs to make sure we win against them convincingly. Cause even if we qualify to the next round, much stronger teams await us there. Hopefully he's busing watching games and taking notes these days.
                        Yes definitely.

I think Skocic will prepare us adequately for Bahrain. We created chances under Wilmots against Bahrain but lost the midfield skirmishes because our midfield was Hajsafi and Ebrahimi. Hopefully he fixes this.

Against Iraq, the Iraqis very smartly disrupted play whenever they could and forced our players to lose the ball to a press. Then they kept stopping the play.

Skocic needs to find a way to correct that gameplan. Hopefully excluding Shojaei and bringing ARJ back will be a good start

Comment

Dont u ever tink

Comment

Yes definitely.

I think Skocic will prepare us adequately for Bahrain. We created chances under Wilmots against Bahrain but lost the midfield skirmishes because our midfield was Hajsafi and Ebrahimi. Hopefully he fixes this.

Against Iraq, the Iraqis very smartly disrupted play whenever they could and forced our players to lose the ball to a press. Then they kept stopping the play.

Skocic needs to find a way to correct that gameplan. Hopefully excluding Shojaei and bringing ARJ back will be a good start
                            We have a huge problem in the CDM role. I mean even if you exclude Haji Safi and Ebrahimi, all we have left is Ezzatollahi. Ali Karimi is overrated and I don't know how Cheshmi is doing these days. but frankly those are all the players we have who are internationally experienced. Unless Skocic discovers a young talent who can really step up, We're gonna have problems against Iraq (specially) and Bahrain. Having said that, the home advantage usually makes all our players to step up so I am quite optimistic for this round's games. but to for the next round, he really needs to do something about our midfield.

Shojaei definitely needs to quit. New fresh blood needs to be injected in TM to train with the rest of the players even if they don't get playing time. Allahyar Sayyadmanesh (despite his recent lack of form) can be an option. It may mentally do him good and help him to get back in form.

Comment

We have a huge problem in the CDM role.
                              That is why I asked questions from you guys about Reza Asadi and Omid Noorafkan.

I mean even if you exclude Haji Safi and Ebrahimi, all we have left is Ezzatollahi. Ali Karimi is overrated and I don't know how Cheshmi is doing these days. but frankly those are all the players we have who are internationally experienced. Unless Skocic discovers a young talent who can really step up, We're gonna have problems against Iraq (specially) and Bahrain. Having said that, the home advantage usually makes all our players to step up so I am quite optimistic for this round's games. but to for the next round, he really needs to do something about our midfield.

Shojaei definitely needs to quit. New fresh blood needs to be injected in TM to train with the rest of the players even if they don't get playing time. Allahyar Sayyadmanesh (despite his recent lack of form) can be an option. It may mentally do him good and help him to get back in form.
                              You missed Nourollahi.

Comment

If Iran wants to be in Qatar 2022, then it must play professionally.
                                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
                                X