No announcement yet.

Please explain Skocic logic to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Twain was in London in 1897 as part of a speaking tour around the world.
    He had considerable debt in the US and hoped to earn enough money to pay it off.
    While he was in London, a rumor started that he was seriously ill.
    This was followed by a rumor that he was dead.
    The story goes that an American newspaper printed Twain's obituary.
    Supposedly after that, when asked about all this by a reporter,
    Twain said:
    The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Mark Twain was in London in 1897 as part of a speaking tour around the world.
      He had considerable debt in the US and hoped to earn enough money to pay it off.
      While he was in London, a rumor started that he was seriously ill.
      This was followed by a rumor that he was dead.
      The story goes that an American newspaper printed Twain's obituary.
      Supposedly after that, when asked about all this by a reporter,
      Twain said:
      The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

I would like to know your opinion on the TM coach situation ST_Mark jaan. Do you think Skocic can bring us results in the WC? Would you go with a domestic coach instead?
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
        I would like to know your opinion on the TM coach situation ST_Mark jaan. Do you think Skocic can bring us results in the WC? Would you go with a domestic coach instead?

ِDear

* Iran will qualify for WC With Skocic.
        * With current team Iran has to be very very ucky to advance.
        *He is better choice than Golmo & GN

Iran will qualify to the WC but current team is nowhere near where needed to be.

Remember:
        Lays year when IFF and TM were in crisis, Job was offered to GN & Golmo ( Daei was political)
        GN was unwilling to break with Sepahan . Coward? Don't know.
        Golmo said , TM job is too early for him . Coward? I don't know.

Skocic grab the offer and he is doing better than coach of S Korea.

TM job is an honour , for the brave not cowards.

Sepahan & Persepolis pay more to their coach than Skocic salary /

Comment

yeah i agree, if we about to change him it has to be for a hidding, renard mancini, cq type of coach, not a wilmotz, advocaat, or gn, daei, or so, he deserves it infront of them. he just has to fix that non pressing defence.. its worrying..
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

There is alot of disrespect towards Iranian doaches.... Yahya is a top manager for Asian standards he would do a much better job with TM. At least TM would have an identity, and the players have huge respect for him. We will qualify under Skokic but he should no way lead us just not good enough

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
              yeah i agree, if we about to change him it has to be for a hidding, renard mancini, cq type of coach, not a wilmotz, advocaat, or gn, daei, or so, he deserves it infront of them. he just has to fix that non pressing defence.. its worrying..
              many problems here.

1- BEFORE Vilmots, how many ppl actually thought he'd be such a miserable failure?
              Yes. he didnt have a shining brilliant resume. Just as many other successful coaches dont have when they click with a particular team and explode.

at the same time there are plenty of examples where a top rated coach has utterly failed with a team. Look no further than CQ and Colombia.

So who's to say Mr. X (Renard, Mancicni, ... ) is good, Mr. Y (vilmots, advocaat, ...) is bad .... until they're tried?

2- Problem #2: Funds.
              Even if we could find a sure-fire, fail-proof top class coach .... We simply dont have the funds to hire one!!

since the terrorists in Iraq, Yemen, Syria, Lebanon, Niger, Sudan, ... need arms and lots & lots of $$$$ to continue their infestation upon earth. And that is the priority of our "govt" ABOVE ALL ELSE.... be it livelihood of Iranians & survival of Iranian children or preserving what's left of our environment. Let alone some silly sport of football.

Comment

i understand your point, its a great post. and agree at some levels with it.

but still its a clear analytic difference if we look at it. cq one could se in his old jobs how he plays, solid defence. and that was what we needed. idk if it fitted a columbian player and squad. wilmots one could track back that he had a style that fitted no team he managed. renard works wonders with saudi and egypt and has a style our players probably could adopt to. same with hiddinks high press game style with russia. our players would handle it.

now compare pep, our players would probably not handle the type of play.

thats how I was thinking, with analyse before hiring, not only by name.

but i understand what you are saying and i also agree, its no guarante.
                same with sweden, their coach had no national level experriance but he made them able to beat good teams that the pervious coaches never did.
                so i have to agree at some level with what you say. hope you can se what i mean aswell
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Sko is a decent guy, but Iran is a big team in Asia and big teams need better coaches.
                  I mean look at Japan, they decided to go with local coach and they are not getting results.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    Sko is a decent guy, but Iran is a big team in Asia and big teams need better coaches.
                    I mean look at Japan, they decided to go with local coach and they are getting results.

Which results? Losing to qatar, ksa and oman?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      Which results? Losing to qatar, ksa and oman?
                      I meant they ARE NOT getting result

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                        CQ achievements with TM are unmatched. But even with him we lacked a proper plan for our attacking and passing game. 'We mostly relied on long balls and the abilities of Taremi and Azmoun, even under CQ. I think Renard would be the perfect man to take over the Team CQ had built and implement some proper attacking football. Without that i don't see us progressing from the group-stage in WC.
                        Under CQ we were improving very nicely. Just compare our performance and results from WC 14 to 18. Big improvement I would say. And I firmly believe if they had extended his contract he would have advanced us from the group stage in Qatar.

And I agree that Renard would have done a great job with Iran as well, but the Belgian ambassador and a bunch of moftkhor dallals wanted the Sharlatan Vilmots instead which that Moron Taj agreed to.

So my frustration is that I am no longer excited about this campaign. Sure we will make the WC, but big deal,
                        we have done that 5 times before.

When are we going to finally advance from the group stage ??

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                          ِDear

* Iran will qualify for WC With Skocic.
                          * With current team Iran has to be very very ucky to advance.
                          *He is better choice than Golmo & GN

Iran will qualify to the WC but current team is nowhere near where needed to be.

Remember:
                          Lays year when IFF and TM were in crisis, Job was offered to GN & Golmo ( Daei was political)
                          GN was unwilling to break with Sepahan . Coward? Don't know.
                          Golmo said , TM job is too early for him . Coward? I don't know.

Skocic grab the offer and he is doing better than coach of S Korea.

TM job is an honour , for the brave not cowards.

Sepahan & Persepolis pay more to their coach than Skocic salary /

agree to the general jest of your post however i'd challenge the notion that Eskoocher was so much braver than Gn/GolMo..! as compared to those two, this was a huge opportunity for him and he had very little to loose from accepting that challenge and whole lot to gain..! while it was quite a ri$ky undertaking for the other two from both money perspective and the fact that at that time job offer seemed more of career suicide mission and sorta volunteering to become sacrificial lamb for masking and scapegoating SM/IFF's scandalous dealings of Wiltits hiring ...! so yea to take over our awful dire WCQ job for someone with somewhat similarly attractive jobs already at hand is a lot more of a risk than someone who has little to loose and still much to acquire even from a failed attempt of such a job..!

ps
                          in general, i much prefer hiring of an Avg.+ international level FOREIGN coach over the best of our Domestic options at hand..!! just because of the predictable and frankly even unavoidable PartyBazi and distracting Hashie sazi that would entail along with hiring of most all Domestic coaches for TM..!
                          The problem here is that im not so sure i can quite rate Eskoocher as an Avg...? much less an Avg.+ Level foreign coach ..? From pure coaching and managerial abilities perspective i tend to still rate GolMo over him ...! (GN is a Hell NO option for me.... so is Daie nor Nekunam for that matter)

ALL IN ALL, considering our Federation's Budget and general Orzeh to land a well qualified Foreigner coach, i am also plenty content and happy with Eskoochie man so far and assuming he can keep us Top of the Table and qualify us to WC comfortably with hopefully a game or 2 to spare, then he fully deserve to retain his job during the WC for us, if for nothing else but for consistency reasons..!

and no i dont think TM's playing squad overall quality currently is anything to sniff @ and assuming we dont get fked again (a la 2018WC) with a group of deathish Draw, i think Gutter22 will be our best chance ever to finally progress out of Group stages of WC ..!

Comment

Classifying coaches into foreign and domestic doesn't make any sense in the first place and is the exact thing that got us into this mess. If someone like Golmohammadi would've taken over it would've made much more sense, maybe he wouldn't have performed well but at least we would've had a coach with international experience, and he'd make strides in whatever his next job would be. The only way we can improve is to give people opportunities and improve them. The issue is that we excuse a foreign coaches' lackluster performances only because he hasn't worked in Iran.

We will make it to the WC sure, but our performances at the WC won't be good, not because we don't have the right players or talent, but because we have no game plans. There's no tactic or particular mentality with the current team. It's just a bunch of individual players. For all the hate Nourollahi gets for example, he's the only one who's willing to drag the ball up a bit. Everyone else just pings it forward hoping for the best. What's the role of our fullbacks? What's the role of our midfield? What do our wingers do? It's unclear.

With Queiroz on the other hand, the evolution of the team was fully clear. We were a counter-attacking minded team, centerbacks wouldn't venture forward, our fullbacks attacked consistently and were part of the build up if needed, our defensive midfielders had a clear role, and our forwards (such as Taremi) acted as inside forwards and would venture more centrally when we were attacking, and defend wider when we didn't have the ball. Azmoun would basically stick up there. There was discipline, for the first time in TM history that I can recall since 2000, we were genuinely a team, not a collection of individuals, and we're going back to the individualist mentality.
                            Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                            محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                            - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              agree to the general jest of your post however i'd challenge the notion that Eskoocher was so much braver than Gn/GolMo..! as compared to those two, this was a huge opportunity for him and he had very little to loose from accepting that challenge and whole lot to gain..! while it was quite a ri$ky undertaking for the other two from both money perspective and the fact that at that time job offer seemed more of career suicide mission and sorta volunteering to become sacrificial lamb for masking and scapegoating SM/IFF's scandalous dealings of Wiltits hiring ...! so yea to take over our awful dire WCQ job for someone with somewhat similarly attractive jobs already at hand is a lot more of a risk than someone who has little to loose and still much to acquire even from a failed attempt of such a job..!

ps
                              in general, i much prefer hiring of an Avg.+ international level FOREIGN coach over the best of our Domestic options at hand..!! just because of the predictable and frankly even unavoidable PartyBazi and distracting Hashie sazi that would entail along with hiring of most all Domestic coaches for TM..!
                              The problem here is that im not so sure i can quite rate Eskoocher as an Avg...? much less an Avg.+ Level foreign coach ..? From pure coaching and managerial abilities perspective i tend to still rate GolMo over him ...! (GN is a Hell NO option for me.... so is Daie nor Nekunam for that matter)

ALL IN ALL, considering our Federation's Budget and general Orzeh to land a well qualified Foreigner coach, i am also plenty content and happy with Eskoochie man so far and assuming he can keep us Top of the Table and qualify us to WC comfortably with hopefully a game or 2 to spare, then he fully deserve to retain his job during the WC for us, if for nothing else but for consistency reasons..!

and no i dont think TM's playing squad overall quality currently is anything to sniff @ and assuming we dont get fked again (a la 2018WC) with a group of deathish Draw, i think Gutter22 will be our best chance ever to finally progress out of Group stages of WC ..!

Dear
                              Skocic know who he is, not a ranked international coach simply a rookie but nobody is born ranked coach, they become one, and he got unique opportunity and grab it with no fear.
                              Without coaching experience at NT level seeking to coach a team and federation in crices need strong will and confidence.
                              Regardless of Wilmots he knew he will be compare to C Q a popular coach with good records.
                              Should he had failed in Bahrain not only he would have been fired but become a joke for years to come, yes he had something to lose.
                              This type of opportunities is rare and braves, confident coach will not miss them.
                              GN got that chance twice. First time he was ridiculed then fired for his decisions during Korea game and after so many years TM fans hate him for losing to Korea (he blame Mahdavikia & Khatibi for failed Penalties).
                              He got TM job offer again but find reasons not to take it. He had excuse of disagreement with Sepahan Manager Shojaei. Shortly after they both lost their jobs at Sepahan and GN was a loser in both ends.

Golmo was IFF first choice and I guess one way to look at is he was wise enough to say TM job is early for him.
                              (a fraction inside IFF wanted him and they still do for other reasons beyond this topic)
                              For now, domestic coaches without exception bring their unhealthy baggage with them and that is not good for TM.
                              Skocic promised to take Iran to the WC and try to go beyond where CQ failed to do, advance from group phase.
                              He has done a good job, getting points, avoiding marginal issues with domestic coaches, media, IFF officials and not making public demands for unpaid salaries (although contract is by $, he gets it in Iranian currency).

If IFF can afford it and can handle a ranked international coach, I will support that and best time to do that is by end of this year otherwise he deserves to continue his amazing quest.
                              Last edited by St_Mark; 10-14-2021, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Gist.
                                Eskoochi is gonna give a big, wet esmoochi to the WC ticket sooner than any other coach in our history.

That makes it very hard to fire him.
                                Altho I agree we could do better than him for the WC games. But are they available TO IRAN? Also do we have the funds to pay them?

Comment

Working...
                                X