This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
    Some people? I reckon the majority of Iranian male football fans in Iran lad. Women can attend the games of the female teams is our argument.. also not "dare" but culturally frowned upon, we do not want to curse in front of women because we think it is highly inappropriate.
    Also, their might be some rules and customs or laws in your country that i find laughable, so be it. What i won't do is come there and say how it should be done according to me and my peers, let's change your rules and customs and implement ours.
    Please respect our custom and rule of no Iranian females during male games, dear master fifa.
    So in your opinion, why should women pay for the men's disability of not using profanities? Men who curse should be the ones who should pay for that, shouldn't it?

Much better solution to the problem: Teach men not to curse instead of banning women!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      So in your opinion, why should women pay for the men's disability of not using profanities? Men who curse should be the ones who should pay for that, shouldn't it?
      Much better solution to the problem: Teach men not to curse instead of banning women!
      This is a football thread but I'll just say that the true issue no one wants to mention is that Iranians(men and women) are forced to take out their frustrations in the football stadium or on Instagram because they are not allowed to do it in public.

Edit: Regardless, as a culture we have advanced than our neighbors when it comes to equality of men and women and should be letting in women as well. No reason we should be seeing women in an Perspolis-Al Ahli game in UAE and not vice-versa
      Last edited by perspolis#1; 07-15-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        Regardless, as a culture we are far more advanced than our neighbors
        I'm sorry but only seeing this sentence means just the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          I'm sorry but only seeing this sentence means just the opposite.
          I should have made it more clear.. I'll edit the original.. "When it comes to relations between men and women".

Comment

Masoud Shojaei's sister Maryam is saying that if IFF does not let women into the stadiums, FIFA should sanction Iran:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/s...ns-rights.html

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
              Masoud Shojaei's sister Maryam is saying that if IFF does not let women into the stadiums, FIFA should sanction Iran:

I agree with her and would like to add, that FIFA should sanction Iran too, if Masoud continues to play for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post

Now I can say I love the whole family. Thank you Maryam.

Comment

Let women into the stadium. They wont hear anything they don't already here in a taxi or bus or metro.

Comment

Allowing was an unfortunate choice of words , i meant i strongly advice them to not go to stadiums and avoid creepy streets at night
                    A Freudian slip perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

No Fan No Fun
                      How can you not see them .. I see two fans … m.f. 1 and m.f. 2!

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        Once again you haven't answered my question. Were these customs in place 40+ years ago? If you have difficulty answering it I can get you a response from two of my aunts and my uncle's wife.
                        Awaiting your answer which should be one word: either yes or no.
                        These customs were also in place +40 years ago, you barely saw women in football stadiums back then. However the regulations were such that women were allowed to attend football matches. That being said, Iran is a much more open and progressive society now than it was under the reign of Shah. I just asked my aunts, my uncles wives and their friends if they ever attended football matches, some of them laughed and said no, others just said no. Though i must add that none of them are interested in football lol.

I'm a pragmatic guy, if tomorrow women would attend matches i'd just stop cursing and shouting in the stadium altogether. i won't be bothered, there is just no way i will show that nasty side of me in front of ladies in a football stadium or wherever.

However, i just know that it won't happen soon, it won't happen because most Iranian men don't want their women in the stadium for the reasons i mentioned earlier, and not because the government is forcing us as a few members on this forum are claiming. Some day, maybe in the near future i do see women going to football stadiums to attend and watch men's football. But it will be when people are ready and have decided to mix men and women in stadiums, not because the fifa demands it, that's just not how things work in Iran and you know that very well KC McElroy.

+40 years ago it was unthinkable for a woman to be a CEO of a large company, now the CEO of Iran Air is a woman. We have female bus drivers and cab drivers, something unthinkable during the era of Shah. Women too will attend stadiums some day, when men here have changed their stance on this issue, not because they have been forced. Cultures are fluid and continually change, our case is no different.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                          A Freudian slip perhaps?
                          Well to be honest i do tell my wife that she can't do this or that, but it works both ways as she does the same, i can't hang out with me mates until late during working days anymore.

My sisters never listen to what i say anyway

Comment

These customs were also in place +40 years ago, you barely saw women in football stadiums back then. However the regulations were such that women were allowed to attend football matches. That being said, Iran is a much more open and progressive society now than it was under the reign of Shah. I just asked my aunts, my uncles wives and their friends if they ever attended football matches, some of them laughed and said no, others just said no. Though i must add that none of them are interested in football lol.

I'm a pragmatic guy, if tomorrow women would attend matches i'd just stop cursing and shouting in the stadium altogether. i won't be bothered, there is just no way i will show that nasty side of me in front of ladies in a football stadium or wherever.

However, i just know that it won't happen soon, it won't happen because most Iranian men don't want their women in the stadium for the reasons i mentioned earlier, and not because the government is forcing us as a few members on this forum are claiming. Some day, maybe in the near future i do see women going to football stadiums to attend and watch men's football. But it will be when people are ready and have decided to mix men and women in stadiums, not because the fifa demands it, that's just not how things work in Iran and you know that very well KC McElroy.

+40 years ago it was unthinkable for a woman to be a CEO of a large company, now the CEO of Iran Air is a woman. We have female bus drivers and cab drivers, something unthinkable during the era of Shah. Women too will attend stadiums some day, when men here have changed their stance on this issue, not because they have been forced. Cultures are fluid and continually change, our case is no different.
                            According to you your aunts did not like soccer so they are not relevant to the discussion.
                            Two of my aunts and my uncle's wife liked soccer 40+ years ago. Would you like me to share whether they were attending games in the stadium or not?
                            Currently most Iranian men are in favor of their wives or daughters attending games at stadiums.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Let women into the stadium. They wont hear anything they don't already here in a taxi or bus or metro.
                              The buses and metro's are separate for men and women. Iranian men usually show a lot of restraint in front of women, when there are no women around thy are usually more crude in some cases (like for example during a heated discussion they choose their words wisely when there is a woman around). I barely see Iranian men curse in front of women if at all, in Khuzestan at least.

Comment

The buses and metro's are separate for men and women. Iranian men usually show a lot of restraint in front of women, when there are no women around thy are usually more crude in some cases (like for example during a heated discussion they choose their words wisely when there is a woman around). I barely see Iranian men curse in front of women if at all, in Khuzestan at least.
                                Perfect argument for having a mixed stadium especially since both Iranian men and women want it.
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X