• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL for MOTM
    https://twitter.com/BrentfordFC/stat...64931161059336

Some comments from Brentford fans:

"who thought they were funny including ghoddos in this"
    "Nah your on a wind up putting Ghoddos in that poll? Tell me it’s an attempt of a joke?"
    "Get rid of Ghoddos"

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
      POLL for MOTM

"Nah your on a wind up putting Ghoddos in that poll? Tell me it’s an attempt of a joke?"
      "Get rid of Ghoddos"

Seems if they make their mind up about a player they won't change it.

(Even if have good game)

Comment

POLL for MOTM
        "Get rid of Ghoddos"
        Who cares? Haters will be haters. Like water off a duck's back.

Comment

POLL for MOTM

"Get rid of Ghoddos"
          fk them
          he was easily the best player after Toney ..!
          especially considering so over the full 90..!
          but who cares ... haters gonna hate ... no need to get wound up over a few retard's comments..!

Comment

Really dont see how it is a big deal. End of the day its nice to have fan backing, some are backing him again after tonight, some were calling for him to start after chelsea cameo. But the only thing that really matters is Frank. Clearly ghoddos is doing enough to keep getting pretty consistent cameos in the league, starts in the cup, but not quite enough to crack the xi for 3-4 games in a row.

Hes definitely really trying on defensive end, paid dividends today in creating turnover for the goal. Sometimes as some mentioned his attention to detail w/o ball is making him make a few more mistakes in possession than we are used to. For him finding that balance is crucial. I still like to see him incorporate his shooting abilities into the games as well, he did that super frequently at ostersunds and even in a much higher level league with shitty amiens. Still with brentford (I know pretty big positional change) he isnt able to use his shooting, one of his greatest assets, as frequently.

Comment

You get the worst of the worst on Twitter , the amount of crap I’ve seen football ‘fans’ talk on there. Don’t take any notice of it, we saw what we saw with our own eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                Final 8 are
                Brentford
                Arsenal
                Chelsea
                Liverpool
                Spurs
                West Ham
                Sunderland
                Leicester

Next round draw takes place on Saturday morning.
                For a second i thought it is ''Kateb" post. Lol

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                  I mean... first XI players like Toney, Canos, Ajer, Zanka and Jensen are playing and they're risking their only fit first team goalie... so they're taking this game quite seriously and it's hardly a B team squad. If you'd told me those guys were playing before the lineup was announced, I wouldn't have been surprised if he didn't start. Besides, he isn't a first XI player so a game that gives him an opportunity to show what he can to from the start is not something to turn your nose up at.

As for some of the comments people have made on here lately, especially after the game on the weekend... embarrassing. Forget about what some kids say on a youtube channel or Twitter. Are you guys really that sensitive that it triggers you? I know some of you don't like that Ghoddos isn't a first team player and has had to fight for minutes for the majority of 2021 but as things stand, with injuries to other midfield players, he's one of the more regular squad players that are called upon from the subs bench in PL games, depending on the situation (i.e. if they're losing or if they drawing and Frank wants to push for the win), otherwise they go for a more defensive option like Bidstrup. Picking one thing out from the nonsense I read... Canos is a RWB - Ghoddos played that role briefly in his Chelsea cameo but I dont want him playing there and being judged on that performance (that's ARJ all over again) - so unwarranted criticism of Canos' performance (one of their most consistent players this season) is only a call to see Roerslev play or a statement you know little about Brentford's squad or formation.

Jensen is his direct competition and almost always starts over him. This is because historically Ghoddos has been given chances and not produced the level of performance to get ahead of Jensen in the pecking order... Ghoddos himself has admitted this on a few occasions. He was god awful on Saturday even if it was for 16 mins plus stoppage time - stop making excuses for him when he doesn't make them for himself. I counted 4 notable passing attempts that were honestly nowhere near another teammate (his only successful passes were simple passes to players within a few meters of him) and 2 truly horrific attempts at controlling the ball. He should be judged on these minutes in the same way as if he came on and scored or assisted a 2nd Brentford goal - be honest all you detractors, if that were the case you'd be screaming for him to be judged on that performance and to start their next game, you can't have it one way and not the other. No manager on gods green earth plays Ghoddos over Jensen based on current form and historic performance in that Brentford team, put your Iranian allegiances/bias aside. Jensen is a full international with Denmark, who are a better team than Iran at present. Ghoddos can't even get in the Iran team right now. Your arguments don't make sense.

Anyway... he'll get his chances so be grateful cup competitions like this (and the FA cup from January) are popping up, giving him opportunities to shine and give Frank selection headaches. Another thing to bear in mind is that the games that follow tonight's offer a similar proposition to the Aston Villa game - which Ghoddos started - where Brentford will take a more attacking approach. They've got Burnley, Norwich, Newcastle, Leeds and Watford in their next 7 games. I think he'll be getting more minutes in November and a busy December. It's up to him to perform and ensure he's still being used when the injured midfielders are available for selection again. If not, we can then review as to whether he should move on in January to get more game time elsewhere and avoid another ARJ situation.
                  Did you just use Roman numerals? 😂 do you also use an abacus?

Comment

Wow saman all over the highlights . he deffo making all the racist british fans burn

Comment

He was clearly one of the best on the pitch today. He was either directly involved or set up dangerous chances on 5-6 occasions not to mention he did great in his defensive duties and tracking back (which is funny Bc some of you think he lacks in defensive duties) and also did a good job of linking up with the wingers and attacking forwards on counters. He had some passes blocked or intercepted midway through the second half but that was the worst you could say from him today….all around a very solid performance. The bitter fans are just being typical annoying British fans, nothing more nothing less
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Yet again, some of you are getting ruffled by comments from juveniles on Twitter who habitually antagonise like-minded people on that platform. People who write comments like that aren't fans of the club or any club for that matter. No real fan would talk about their own player like that. I've seen plenty of those types of people turn on the manager earlier this year when their results turned. Those people genuinely weren't supporting the club when they were a fixture in the lower leagues. Stop taking their bait.

There has been genuine fan criticism on the GPG forum - I think a link was shared earlier on this thread. Much of that was fair and constructive but they don't insult their player(s)... as you get more balanced human beings on that forum but there are still one or two morons who the others are all too happy to single out. The general opinions on that forum are much better than Brighton fans. But for the love of god stay off of Twitter.

Saman was good last night. Good not great. Had some good moments other than the interception and pass that led to the assist, e.g. the through-ball to put Toney 1 on 1 and some good distribution to the wings, great cross in the 1st half and the way he put in a strong challenge to closed down that 2nd ball he was gonna lose in stoppage time that led to a roar from the Brentford fans. He also had some bad moments, a lot of misplaced passes and a simple through-ball he should have made. But it's undeniable he was one of the top performers in the match. Jensen had one of his poor games so that might help him.

I was a bit surprised to see Bidstrup and Forss withdrawn. That doesn't bode well for Saman starting at the weekend. Burnley play a 442 so Frank may try to match them by playing Forss up front with Toney if Mbeumo is injured. If they have a 3 man midfield as usual then it will be Norgaard and Onyeka with one of Jensen or Ghoddos but Bidstrup played well and he may sneak a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                          Yet again, some of you are getting ruffled by comments from juveniles on Twitter who habitually antagonise like-minded people on that platform. People who write comments like that aren't fans of the club or any club for that matter. No real fan would talk about their own player like that. I've seen plenty of those types of people turn on the manager earlier this year when their results turned. Those people genuinely weren't supporting the club when they were a fixture in the lower leagues. Stop taking their bait.

There has been genuine fan criticism on the GPG forum - I think a link was shared earlier on this thread. Much of that was fair and constructive but they don't insult their player(s)... as you get more balanced human beings on that forum but there are still one or two morons who the others are all too happy to single out. The general opinions on that forum are much better than Brighton fans. But for the love of god stay off of Twitter.

Saman was good last night. Good not great. Had some good moments other than the interception and pass that led to the assist, e.g. the through-ball to put Toney 1 on 1 and some good distribution to the wings, great cross in the 1st half and the way he put in a strong challenge to closed down that 2nd ball he was gonna lose in stoppage time that led to a roar from the Brentford fans. He also had some bad moments, a lot of misplaced passes and a simple through-ball he should have made. But it's undeniable he was one of the top performers in the match. Jensen had one of his poor games so that might help him.

I was a bit surprised to see Bidstrup and Forss withdrawn. That doesn't bode well for Saman starting at the weekend. Burnley play a 442 so Frank may try to match them by playing Forss up front with Toney if Mbeumo is injured. If they have a 3 man midfield as usual then it will be Norgaard and Onyeka with one of Jensen or Ghoddos but Bidstrup played well and he may sneak a start.
                          Are you a Brentford fan?

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                            Did you just use Roman numerals? 😂 do you also use an abacus?
                            It's common phraseology in the football world to say "starting XI"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starti...s%20they%20use

Google "starting xi" and see how many sports articles come up just within the last few days. Happy to educate

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              Are you a Brentford fan?
                              No but I've been watching them play for longer than most people on here had ever heard of them (about 20 years). My friends are season ticket holders and long time fans. Up until the pandemic, I used to take in 2 or 3 away games a season and some home matches. I loved going to places like Exeter and Doncaster with the hardcore fans. No matter which club, the away games are always the most fun and great atmosphere from the small section you're in. This was mentioned on the Ghoddos thread back when he almost signed in 2019.

Comment

List of injuries: Bryan Mbeumo (hamstring) and Ethan Pinnock (hip) will be assessed ahead of kick-off while Yoane Wissa (ankle), Shandon Baptiste (shoulder), and Vitaly Janelt (quad) are all getting closer to fitness. David Raya, Mads Bech Sorensen, Julian Jeanvier (all knee), and Josh Dasilva (hip) are on the long-term injury list.

Again this shows how hardcore Premier league is.

Comment

Working...
                                X