No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardiff will see it as a "must win" game and with all Brighton's injuries I don't think it will be an easy game.

It might even be a banker draw https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...rdiff-Brighton

Looking at the Cardiff team, they do appear to be weak in some positions and altogether not very strong. Weak point: left back.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      how was he responsible for the third goal?

He lost the ball at the top of the box, brighton won the ball back, and dunk passes it to richarlison inside his own half? I know dunk is english and thus we arent allowed to criticize him because brighton fans feelings might get hurt but I think any person you ask would say that goal was dunks fault.
      Of course Dunk was at fault, everyone knows that. The only thing you've said that'll hurt feelings is to suggest we wouldn't accept that criticism because he is English? Are you kidding me? I can't believe you've said that. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        Add to that the inherent disdain & prejuices that the English government & even many of their folks have for Iranians & you can see why our players haven’t faired too well in EPL.
        I can't believe some of the utter nonsense I'm reading this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          Its sad seeing him in Brighton. This team is destined for relegation the way theyre playing. Like Mattigil said above hes frustrated because he never gets the passes he needs to. Its kind of impossible for him to do well, you can put Ronaldo there and he wont help this team.
          Just wondering if you've looked at the league table? If you have, have you watched the current bottom 5 play at all? Destined for relegation, seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            stephen is one of the crappiest midfield players I have seen. The guy cant turn and play a forward pass to save his life. And brighton fans claim hes is like the lynchpin of their team. Tells you everything you need to know.
            Everything you need to know? Brighton fans not welcome anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
              I can't believe some of the utter nonsense I'm reading this morning.
              If it makes you feel any better I will personally accept that Jahanbakhsh has been Brighton’s worst player in that match. (Even though I oscassionaly joke around about Brighton, as I do with all Premier League Clubs) I understand your frustration, especially when you pay 20m+ on him and you don’t see him really impact the game. I’m sorry for the ridiculous comments such as the one that bring politics into it, some people will go out their way and try to connect 2 unrelated things to each other to fit their agenda. Imo Jahanbakhsh is not suited for any team in the Premier League at all, that’s the harsh reality unfortunately. And it isn’t fair to have Knockaert or March benched as both are good players, and have done more than Jahanbakhsh has done this season. Even as an Iranian football fan it’s frustrating seeing Jahanbakhsh not take a corner properly and cause a goal or not able to string a pass correctly and INDIRECTLY cause the 3rd goal. If he does such mistakes with club it terrifies me if he replicates the same for Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                If it makes you feel any better I will personally accept that Jahanbakhsh has been Brighton’s worst player in that match. (Even though I oscassionaly joke around about Brighton, as I do with all Premier League Clubs) I understand your frustration, especially when you pay 20m+ on him and you don’t see him really impact the game. I’m sorry for the ridiculous comments such as the one that bring politics into it, some people will go out their way and try to connect 2 unrelated things to each other to fit their agenda. Imo Jahanbakhsh is not suited for any team in the Premier League at all, that’s the harsh reality unfortunately. And it isn’t fair to have Knockaert or March benched as both are good players, and have done more than Jahanbakhsh has done this season. Even as an Iranian football fan it’s frustrating seeing Jahanbakhsh not take a corner properly and cause a goal or not able to string a pass correctly and INDIRECTLY cause the 3rd goal. If he does such mistakes with club it terrifies me if he replicates the same for Iran.
                I'm not really bothered about his performance. Don't get me wrong, I want him and the team to play well, but I always expected us to lose at Everton. I've been consistent in what I've said on here from the moment we signed him, patience. I have seen it so many times. It takes time to adapt to new team mates, new tactics, new match officials and a new country. I never expected him to come straight into the team and be our star player. He's shown he has a good attitude and professionalism, which doesn't come as a surprise, we wouldn't spend that money without assessing his character. Given time he will adapt to his new environment and hopefully become the player we all want him to be.
                What annoys me is utter nonsense such as saying it's due to politics, or we can't criticise English players etc.

Comment

What annoys me is utter nonsense such as saying it's due to politics, or we can't criticise English players etc.
                  Welcome to PFDC, it's what we do!

Comment

FWIW Hughton comments on Jahabakhsh:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/172...ose-izquierdo/

Comment

Sounds reassuring coming from Hughton, I trust his word given the fact that he has worked very closely with him in training and scouted him for years

Comment

Hopefully he comes back stronger, maybe he needs some more time not playing actively. Sometimes you learn more during the breaks than during the actual grind if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
                          Hopefully he comes back stronger, maybe he needs some more time not playing actively. Sometimes you learn more during the breaks than during the actual grind if that makes sense.
                          Albion players seem to think that Everton were the second best team we have played this season, apart from Man City. Everton exploited more mistakes though than Liverpool. It does seem that we caught Everton on a good day, and a lesser attack would not have scored the important first goal.

Comment

With Alireza we knew he would need some adjustment time. He came from a club in Holland (AZ Alkmaar) where he played a different type of role. They played mainly 4-3-3 and he played wide on the right, where he is playing for us but in a different formation.
                            I'm not as optimistic as some of you in terms of his success in the future. Not only does he have to change positions, he is facing players that are better than him and he also has to think about defensive duties now.

It's unfortunate that our biggest signing in the last ten years will most likely be a failure and it's not because of a lack of effort.

Comment

Come to think of it he is not even a starter in Iran national team as CQ mainly has used him as a substitute. Hopefully he can prove us wrong for the benefit of both the National team and his club.

Comment

ARj won't travel with the team and BHAFC fans are tearing him up on social media.

https://www.facebook.com/95602073138...6832609558139/

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X