No announcement yet.

Iran vs South Korea post match discussion and player ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone explain why everyone is blaming Moharrami for the goal we conceded? Not saying it wasn't his fault but I fell asleep part of the game, and from the highlights they show just right before the goal and our entire D line seems to be way too far up.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      I miss pouraligangi...
      what even happened to him? Man just dissapeared?

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        One thing I want to add, is that South Korea has a GEM in their CB Kim Min-Jae

One of the best centerbacks I have seen in Asia in a long time.. wow

It's not easy defending Azmoun and Taremi but he did really well. He's been in impeccable form for Fenerbahce as well
        Azmoun was trying to fight him

How are Japan and South Korea producing these physical, massive tanks all of a sudden like Tomiyasu and Kim Min-Jae?

Comment

So, Skocic complains about the team after the game against UAE. He wasn't happy about the lineup. The one thing that did work for him in the UAE game, was bringing in Gholizadeh in the second half when the game was wide open and you had tired UAE defenders, a perfect situation for him to showcase his speed and quickness.

Rather than using the same strategy against S. Korea, he decides to start Gholizadeh against fresh Korean midfielders which ofcourse he played poorly and was taken out in the 2nd half. Very predictable.

Ezatolahi is the field general. Makes the defensive stops, and keeps possession of the ball even when the Koreans tried throwing him off, and he is a very good ball distrbutor. Even though their style of play is different, he is slowly becoming what Nekounam was for many years.

Amiri was all over the field. He hustled, he defended and frustrated some of the Korean players.

Taremi is the lifeline of the team. On the counter attack, he is very good at creating chances for the others. He does need to work on his finishes and sometimes he misses the easy ones and scores on the tough ones.

Skocic Will get us into the World Cup, but I think for the tournament we need a more accomplished coach.
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
            what even happened to him? Man just dissapeared?

Injured, torn acl. Although skocic was not playing him when healthy

Comment

Say what u want about Skocic, but I let the facts talk:
              10-1-0 since he took over.

Comment

Watching the way Koreans expose our defensive line gave me flash backs of our AC 2019 Campaign under CQ. We are impressive in defeating all the "minor" Asian Teams based on the individual skills of Taremi and at times Azmoun+JB. But when we face a real challenge, a Team that actually doesn't make simple errors in their defensive line and play fast paced football with high pressing, we start struggling.

Since we had the same issue under CQ, i really don't think that only Tactics and Line-Up are the main reason for this weakness. The lack of friendly-games and infrastructure must be a big factor in that.

For the future, i really hope that we can create an attacking Line-Up that involves Ghoddus: his speed, creativity, ball control, dribbling-skills are vital.
                On the other hand we must look for better options than Nourollahi in the Middlefield, i had the crazy idea to try Karim Ansarifard in this position, since he has great vision and also defensive skill.
                Our LB position became a major problem, since MiMo start to haveing 2-3 bad games. I am really not a huge fan of Nourafkan, he gets to many cards and lacks the speed compared to MiMo. Using Amiri as a LB is a waste of his attacking potential. I just hope that MiMo can get his act together an reclaim the spot. In RB Moharammi had a very bad game, but overall he looked fine in all the other games, no need to question his spot after one game IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Iman_Joon View Post
                  Say what u want about Skocic, but I let the facts talk:
                  10-1-0 since he took over.
                  It looks nice but considering those 10 were against the likes of Iraq/Bahrain/Cambodia/Syria (winnable games) and the one draw is against someone on our level, it doesn't look all too impressive but results are results..

Comment

Originally posted by P-Rug View Post
                    One thing I'll say about many of the comments (particularly during the game) from folks here is that people are micro, micro, micro analyzing players way too much second by second; I know we all love the team so much that we watch each game with a lot of emotion (I catch myself doing that a lot too), but to knit pick on each player for every tackle and pass and be so Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde about our player performances is very off-putting; you read these threads, and from game to game, you see people going from Taremi is one of our best players to he is garbage and sub him out; one game Golizadeh should definitely be started, another he should definitely be benched; one game Azmoun is so wonderful with his energy and assists, another he is so lazy and doesn't care and should be subbed out earlier. And so on and so on. People's reactions and emotions towards individual players are so harsh and unappreciative and tend to change like the wind smh

We really need to take a chill pill when watching these games (myself included sometimes). Without exception, I have noticed that when I re-watch these matches in their entirety a day or two later without that overflow of emotion and anxiety, and tend to evaluate things more from a macro level (than the micro analysis of every little touch), the game looks much different the second time around.
                    Pressing thank you was not enough for me. I wanted to thank you again and again for this post.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      It looks nice but considering those 10 were against the likes of Iraq/Bahrain/Cambodia/Syria (winnable games) and the one draw is against someone on our level, it doesn't look all too impressive but results are results..
                      And normally we play against Brazil and Germany and have wins?

Comment

I dont really reacall that Japan exposed our defence. we weer dominating both sides of the pitch all game until that chasing the ref situation where they forgot he hadnt blown the wistle.. then we pressed the game up desperately and got scored on 2 more times. cq had implemented good offence and i have never seen us play as good as we did that game on the offence, but then that happened and they all lost it..

Skocic is sure an upgrarde to wiltits though..

if it was fifa 21 rarnkings for coaches id give

pep, tushecl, mancini 91
                        simeone - 87
                        CQ - 87
                        Skocic 75

Wiltits 59
                        When Barko had Iran 2006 he would have 74 and now he has 79-80
                        Renard id give a 84
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                          And yet the belgian guy couldn't beat teams like them. Skocic took us from nearly bottom to winning the group when we were in a bad bad and dark place. But yeah, I know what you mean and yes he could be little better with his coaching DURING games.

Comment

I swear, 2 hits on the post, how unlucky do we have to be? ....

Comment

if we had VAR (like many other nations in this world), the following would have triggered a review;

1. Korean player tackle on Taremi in 18 yard - Looked like a foul and it was a penalty
                              2. Korea goal offsite - It looked very suspicious!

Comment

the korean goal looked onside, they showed the replay he looked half a meter onside, but we would guaranteed had 1 penalty on Taremi, that was what not having VAR cost us.. and one cant blaim the ref for that cuz it was a hard angle both for him and the side line ref, but VAR would have found that one very easy.. what a shame.
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X