Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Tbh, it seems like IFF do their own (funding and approval), and CQ does his own. I don't really think there's any interaction between the two parts..

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
      ^Tbh, it seems like IFF do their own (funding and approval), and CQ does his own. I don't really think there's any interaction between the two parts..
      Well then this is a problem...because IFF books Chile, CQ cancels the friendly...CQ plans a camp and IFF vetoes it...this is mismanagement and poor organization at its best!
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        Lord...someone help me understand this one? So we will play Sweden after AC and approximately 3 years before WC? I dunno, am I the only one who doesn't get TM preparation? Wouldn't it make sense to work on fitness and technical stuff when major tournaments are over or far away and play decent friendlies a year in advance to buildup your squad and make final cuts? What will this Sweden friendly do for us? I guess maybe, prepare us for WC qualification against the junior squads of Asia?

I just don't get IFF, I don't get the preparation and planning? I am happy we are playing Sweden...but the timing is awful!
        Rebuilding a new team after AC to prepare the World cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Zlatan retired a while ago from Sweden NT
          lol baba chi migi minjor injury he said he won't retire from the team until he is done with football (at least 2 more years)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Rebuilding a new team after AC to prepare the World cup.
            Couldn't we do that with a tournament like WAFF? Do you feel 1 game against Sweden or a few sporadic friendlies is enough to rebuild a team? That's what I like to see TM do, use tournaments like WAFF to rebuild, test youngsters or B squads...and save big name friendlies for the A squad to get match ready. But I guess as some people on this forum would say, "we are not Brazil..."

Comment

Couldn't we do that with a tournament like WAFF? Do you feel 1 game against Sweden or a few sporadic friendlies is enough to rebuild a team? That's what I like to see TM do, use tournaments like WAFF to rebuild, test youngsters or B squads...and save big name friendlies for the A squad to get match ready. But I guess as some people on this forum would say, "we are not Brazil..."
              youre right we should do exactly what we did for 2014 and wait until a month left to the world cup to start preparations. That way we can guarantee the same success.

Comment

already gathered over 100 people that are ready to travel from Gothenburg !

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                  youre right we should do exactly what we did for 2014 and wait until a month left to the world cup to start preparations. That way we can guarantee the same success.
                  No I am not saying that...actually furthest thing from it. We are now doing exactly what we did for 2014. Play club teams before a major tournament (AC)...then play big name European countries well in advance of the WC...just like when we played Russia and Brazil. By the time 2014 rolled around the squad was completely revamped.

If you have been following my posts, you will see that I have been lamenting the poor planning, mismanagement, and terrible organization. I am saying we need to train and spend time on fitness during "off seasons" so to speak, and use tournaments like WAFF and other meaningless events to "test" new players and so forth. I believe we should line up decent friendlies 2 years prior to WC 2018 and have them regularly...at least once every 3-5 months if not more! We should not waste our opportunities with big names, and then try to rush a series of friendlies within 3-4 months...I am not happy with just being a spectator and 3 pts for other teams in the WC...but I see no change in IFF philosophy at the moment...to be fair, I am not seeing much from CQ that has me convinced he has a goal beyond just making it to the WC at present either!

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                  already gathered over 100 people that are ready to travel from Gothenburg !
                  Will you be covering return expenses as well should the match be canceled by IFF?

Comment

Screw return expenses if they don't show up we will go and burn the freaking embassy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                      Screw return expenses if they don't show up we will go and burn the freaking embassy.
                      So then I guess Kabob is on the menu for all fans if they don't show up! I know the feeling though, when Perspolis came to play the Toronto Lynx, I made my parents drive my friends and I 8 hours to watch that match...nothing like seeing a bunch of Perspolisi stars who had overeaten and over-partied the night before, lose to an amateur club 2-0 lol...oh the memories

Comment

PP played the links Ozone jaan?! When was that?

The Canada-Iran game in Varsity stadium, Toronto in 1997 was definitely one of the most memorable TM games that I've seen from the stands. In fact, to this day I have never seen that atmosphere recreated in Toronto whether for a Team Canada or TFC game.

The Iranian fans were AMAZING (which is always a given ) and most had their faces painted in both flags in a packed stadium with possibly the best Iranian team of all time (if I remember correctly it was more or less the same squad that went on to play in the 98 WC with either Daei or Azizi missing dude to some issues with MK). Farhad Majidi played instead.

Comment

آخرین جزئیات از دیدار تیم ملی با وایکینگ ها
                          ایران - سوئد؛ ۱۱ فروردین در استکهلم/ دیدار نوروزی مردان کی روش با حضور زلاتان
                          تیم های ملی ایران و سوئد د
                          ر صورت قطعی شدن برگزاری این دیدار در تاریخ ۱۱ فروردین ۹۴ در پایتخت سوئد به مصاف هم خواهند رفت.

Comment

Sv: TM-News-

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

آخرین جزئیات از دیدار تیم ملی با وایکینگ ها
                            ایران - سوئد؛ ۱۱ فروردین در استکهلم/ دیدار نوروزی مردان کی روش با حضور زلاتان
                            تیم های ملی ایران و سوئد د
                            ر صورت قطعی شدن برگزاری این دیدار در تاریخ ۱۱ فروردین ۹۴ در پایتخت سوئد به مصاف هم خواهند رفت.

Same article as this one? http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=185171

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                              PP played the links Ozone jaan?! When was that?
                              September 7, 1998...they played in Varsity stadium.
                              This was the lineup:

1 Ahmad Abedzadeh WC

4 Berouz Rabirifar...5 Afshin Payravani WC...8 Mehdi Hasheminasab...23 Ali Reza Emanmifar

15 Esmail Hellali (Int)...17 Mehdi Mahdavikia WC*...12 Hossein Abdi (cpt)...11 Hamed Kavianpour

10 Edmond Bezik...20 Ali Baghmisheh

More info about the match: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/lynx9836.htm
                              But it was terrible. After Mahdavikia over ran a ball and slipped on his a$$ people in the crowd started talking about how the team was out all night at this venue or that venue...they truly looked like a bunch of tourists in a pickup game and were schooled by an amateur club lol

Comment

September 7, 1998...they played in Varsity stadium.
                                This was the lineup:

1 Ahmad Abedzadeh WC

4 Berouz Rabirifar...5 Afshin Payravani WC...8 Mehdi Hasheminasab...23 Ali Reza Emanmifar

15 Esmail Hellali (Int)...17 Mehdi Mahdavikia WC*...12 Hossein Abdi (cpt)...11 Hamed Kavianpour

10 Edmond Bezik...20 Ali Baghmisheh

More info about the match: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/lynx9836.htm
                                But it was terrible. After Mahdavikia over ran a ball and slipped on his a$$ people in the crowd started talking about how the team was out all night at this venue or that venue...they truly looked like a bunch of tourists in a pickup game and were schooled by an amateur club lol
                                I remember that game, I was a ball boy and stood behind Abadezadehs net the whole time.
                                he was pissed.

PP sucked it up that day

Comment

Working...
                                X