X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-08-19/...c-porto/857546

estili gave interview with ABOLA about porto's imminent new signing (how they referred to him).

ESTILI ABOUT TAREMI: «IT COULD BE ONE OF THE BEST IN FC PORTO»

Mehdi Taremi is in Bushehr, Iran, waiting for the outcome of the negotiations between FC Porto and Rio Ave, decided that he is already wearing the national champion's blue-and-white colors. With the agreement reached between all parties, in a transfer that will be around 6 million euros, in Iran they are already trying to visualize the impact that one of their greatest players today will have in a major in Europe and in a competition like the Champions.

Persian football figure Hamid Estili, who scored Iran's first goal in the historic and much-loved national team victory over the United States at the 1998 World Cup, was also Taremi's first coach as a senior. The attacker appointed to FC Porto was looking for, at the age of 21, to take revenge on the club in his region, in the middle of the Persian Gulf, Shahin Bushehr.

«I remember calling the senior team from the base. He didn't play much but he was able to appear as a talented player. It was new and as we played in the 1st Division I couldn't include it in many games. The following year he went to play for a 2nd Division team and became the best scorer, thus reaching Persepolis. His real success, I must be fair, started with Branko Ivankovic », explains Estili, a former midfielder, now in charge of the national under-23 team. That never failed to follow Taremi's evolution.

«He showed all his attributes right from the start at Persepolis with unusual dribbling technique, a very strong head game, speed, taking advantage of very good teammates and very passionate fans. You become a high level player in the Iranian league. That is how he is invited to join the work of the team coached by Carlos Queiroz. I think he was unable to show all his skills there because of the defensive system of the team, which favored the counterattack. But in Persepolis and in the Asian games he proved all the attributes of a great player ”, reports Hamid Estili, approving Taremi's choice.

Master at taking penalties

«Portugal was a great opportunity for him and in his first presence in Europe he was almost the best scorer in the championship. I know he scored many penalty goals, many conceded by him. And this is a specialty, it has a great vocation to take fouls in the area because it places itself very well between the opponent and the ball, causing the overthrow of the rivals », denotes, certainly alongside the three penalties won by the Iranian in Alvalade. «With the great confidence he acquired in his presence at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he became a very well prepared player and FC Porto is aware of his experience. He will be able to demonstrate and prove that he is even more capable than he has ever exhibited. In a team that is one of the greatest in Europe, it will have more opportunities to score and I have no doubt that FC Porto can be a bridge to go further », predicts Hamid Estili,

«Today he is a full-featured striker, starting with the aerial game, the ease of creating space, surrender, theft of the ball to the defenders, the intelligence of knowing how to play without a ball, the art of winning penalties. With the experience gained in the national team and with a year in Portugal, I think he is ready to be one of the best players in FC Porto and a timeless reference from Iran », he warns, marking his esteem for the big Porto goal.

«Mehdi is a very good person, born in a region that gives many talented players. He grew up in an ordinary, lower-middle-class family, as is the case with most Iranian players. We thank God that he has put him in the right direction to gain opportunities and discover himself as a great talent. I knew how to use that to reach big teams. I wish you the best and that you continue to climb stairs every day. As his first coach, I am very happy with his success », he concludes.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Does anyone on the forum speak Portuguese?

Comment

Literally waiting for this to be finalized so I can order my jersey
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
            Do u order direct from Porto or what site?

Comment

The Porto kit is quite easy to attain in the UK , not sure about other countries. You can get names printed on the back in some shops here too.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                Do u order direct from Porto or what site?
                Getting it directly from new balance may be easier. https://www.newbalance.com/fc-porto/

I would ideally like to get the long-sleeve, so might have to do some searching if this goes through (dear god please!!!).
                sigpic

Comment

You cant buy name & number from direct companies like adidas, nike, new balance ...you gotta get those from the club or stores

Comment

https://www.uksoccershop.com/footbal...ira-liga/porto

You can buy and personalise here but not sure if they ship international.

Comment

https://www.fcporto.pt/en/store/en-k...y=165-en-third

Comment

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
                        Same!!!

Comment

Taremi on Portuguese TV again

https://tvi24.iol.pt/videos/desporto...f2c42d2609899e

Comment

Someone has already updated his Wikipedia page to say he plays for Porto 🙂

Comment

Wtf???

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Wtf???
                                he already rejected them. Probably just rio trying to pressure porto into following through with agreement asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X