Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    So what I ask did CQ achieve that caused him to deserve 8 years, millions of dollars, and our blind support. Don't tell me your opinion or subjective beliefs...cite the facts
    He set up a system to conducted research on every player playing in the IPL through scouting. His efforts lead to the building of better training facilities for the national team. He built a whole new team and kicked out the selfish players from the previous generation. He taught the team how to play as a unit, and had the team trained to actually play with a clear strategy. He easily qualified the team to 2 world cups without the usual bullshit that we all had put up with every year prior to his arrival. The teams performances at the world cup won respect for our team from people of other countries for the first time. No other coach was able to get foreigners to compliment our teams performance. Due to his success we were able to go from having a handful of players playing in Europe to having our whole squad playing in Europe. He fought the IFF who attempted to undermine and sabotage the teams success and even went so far as to pay out of his own pocket so that we could have good quality Adidas kits at the 2018 world cup.

The same coaching systems (research/player info), training facilities and team that he built is still being used his successors (2 and counting) today.

Skocic achievements are all built on the foundational work of Carlos. Carlos did the heavy lifting and constructing. I'm still waiting to see an actual contribution by Skocic, who hasn't even been tested against a top Asian team yet. Winning a friendly against the Bosnia B team is not a positive result and cannot be compared to facing the full strength Bosnian golden generation in their prime at the world cup only a few days removed from basically holding world cup runners up Argentina to what should have been a draw. Nobody should care about beating the likes of Iraq. Iraq are BELOW US IN QUALITY. Winning 8, 9, 10 in a row is what TM should be achieving given the clear talent superiority on hand right now. Carlos was achieving similar results at the WC qualification stage and qualifying the team without issue or conceding a goal (until we had already qualified) if I remember correctly.

Btw, Skocic will face the same problems Carlos had at the tournament level where the team decides not to play to let (the other team) Japan win, or Taremi decides to forget how to repeatedly score from 1 meter away from the goal. Other types of bullshit cheating with red cards ect will happen too. That's a feature of Iranian football and the shenanigans and poor results won't end until regime change is achieved.
    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      Really? Again subjective...some would disagree.
      Which of these matches with CQ inspired confidence? He was the king of draws. To be honest his team's were very inconsistent and often played to the opponents levels. Draw China then beat Uzbekistan. Defeat S. KOREA then draw Syria.
      Iran 1-0 Maldives
      Iran 1-1 Bahrain
      Albania 1-0 Iran
      Iran 0-0 Jordan
      Lebanon 1-0 Iran
      Kuwait 1-1 Iran
      Oman 3-0 Iran
      Guinea 2-1 Iran
      Turkmenistan 1-1 Iran
      Syria 0-0 Iran
      Iraq 1-0 Iran
      Iran 2-2 Syria
      Iran 1-1 Palestine

And these don't include some of the bigger losses like 3-0 to Japan etc. I think winning 8 I'm a row is the definition of consistency wouldn't you agree? Something CQ didn't do in 8 years.
      The idea that losses are individual players fault is also ridiculous as it is a rule CQ fans seem to apply arbitrarily. After all who selects and arranges the team...the coach!
      In 8 years and the longest tenured TM coach CQ won nothing. If you truly believe he is so great and did so much for us and advanced us to never before heights then you also believe TM can never win any hardware inside or outside Asia. To me that is the epitome of CQ. Mediocrity is acceptable. I have always said I will judge CQs legacy after AC. I now feel based on results that he ultimately was extended for too long. 4 maybe 5 years was enough.
      Onwards and upwards. Skocic we thank you for bringing consistency and hashieyeh free to our beloved TM.
      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Some below average and below our level results from the 'best coach we have had'. People have lost all sense. We have someone from Sharif who can't read or count anymore. I wont name him but let's call him damaagh. Like you and many others I too supported him and gave him the benefit of doubt and had he won an Asian cup or even had he went to the finals or had he advanced from the world cup group I would have given him his credit but his report card is in now and looking back I regret ever giving him a chance after his Asian Cup loss to Iraq also known as *** edited***at the time. Imagine playing defensively and not getting any results. Cq failed so did damagh after coming out of one of the best universities in the world to become a pizza delivery guy.

Warned for edited part! This type of name referring to another country is uncalled for!
      Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 09-19-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Yeah, uh, sooo...Skocic got us to #22 in the world. Anyone know how high we might rise after winning the next 2 games in October? There used to be a website that did such, but I can't see where to find it.

Also, Transfer Market has an interesting rankings list (from last month) with the value of each team. It appears to be that European teams are greatly overvalued, with Asian, African and North American teams being far undervalued according to their results and rankings.: https://www.transfermarkt.us/statistik/weltrangliste

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
          Some below average and below our level results from the 'best coach we have had'. People have lost all sense. We have someone from Sharif who can't read or count anymore. I wont name him but let's call him damaagh. Like you and many others I too supported him and gave him the benefit of doubt and had he won an Asian cup or even had he went to the finals or had he advanced from the world cup group I would have given him his credit but his report card is in now and looking back I regret ever giving him a chance after his Asian Cup loss to Iraq also known as ISIS at the time. Imagine playing defensively and not getting any results. Cq failed so did damagh after coming out of one of the best universities in the world to become a pizza delivery guy.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Skočić's victory against UAE brings him into double figures! 10 wins!

Comment

daneshmand errr skochich
              he is only coach ican re call
              which knows how to play
              arabs
              and get result
              he has 5 match wining
              streak against them
              in real games

he makes them tired
              by playing b.s first half
              AND BOOOOOM
              second half
              he goes all attack
              against tired arab
              teams
              and we dominate.
              his teams have patience
              they dont argue with refs
              and they dont get irritated
              by arabs behavior.
              HE IS DANESHMAND

lets see how he dose
              against s.k
              which really there is no
              pressure to get result.
              a tie will keep us on top
              with 10 pt.

Comment

Skocic has much better offensive tactic than CQ, but CQ made ppl happy, skocic doesnt do that.

Comment

cq he taked over a very struggling
                  tm which lack plyers
                  2 wc in the row nd a semifinal ac
                  after 15 years
                  and left us 3 team melli
                  by making us deeep
                  yes his style only plese defensive
                  minded people and it looked good on the field
                  that why we loved cq

now we love skochich0

Comment

Great result against South Korea! Unfortunate not to get the victory with the amount of times we've hit the post, however, a point against a favorite in the group is still a good result in our efforts to get us closer to World Cup 2022 and still maintaining 1st place!

Comment

Those last minute subs were absolutely useless. Doesnt even give the players enough time to get their legs warmed up. I am not one of those haters but this was an absolute shit decision by Skocic.
                      #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                        Four months ago, we were third in a group that contained Bahrain and Iraq with three must wins to even make it to the next round of qualifiers. We were about to watch the WC at home.

Fast forward a few months and we are at the top of our group - 8 points ahead of 3rd place, with our next two games against the two weakest teams - Syria and Lebanon.

Some of you just don't appreciate anything - we are not preparing for the world cup right now, we are trying to qualify and we are doing a good job at it.
                        This.

I mean just look at the results of the other Asian teams... Do you guys not watch Asian football??? Japan was not good at all these WCQ despite having a good run the prior round. Same for South Korea drawing against Iraq at home and nearly drawing their prior game against Syria.

Comment

Originally posted by maly3648 View Post
                          This is the kind of environment an iranian coach has to work, can you imagine? And then they wonder why they never achieve anything. Irrationality, pure emotions without brain and complaining for the sake of complaining, that's the only thing these people can do, it's in their blood.

1) Iran played wonderfully until UAE match where players took everything for granted. Playing slow, trying to keep the ball while being inaccurate in passes and not motivated nor hungry for a win. This is a MENTAL and psychological problem, a coach can't solve such an issue but by insulting these players or slapping them during half time. Maybe this is the only thing i blame the coach for.

2) This toxic environment created by this iranian mentality makes it impossible for any coach to progress. These ungrateful idiots criticise at any opportunity and last but not least, are the only idiots asking for a change of coach while Iran is leading the group with no goal conceded. That's just a mentality out of another planet, honestly.

3) This same mentality expect a win and playing well in every match and in every minute. You just wonder if they understand anything about football actually. All matches in this final stage of Asian qualifiers are difficult and Iran matches aren't any exception here. Expecting to beat UAE or Korea "easily" with few goals margin is just unreasonable and stupid. By playing well and being motivated, Iran should theoretically be able to qualify "quite" easily, because of the individual talents they possess. If the team play unmotivated, slowly and without focus, they can even lose to Vietnam, ok? The gap isn't anymore "huge" enough between teams at that stage to afford playing bad and expecting anything.

4) This match was balanced, Koreans were more hungry for a win and both teams had big opportunities. A draw is a fair result for both teams.
                          Also this. Another great post.

Comment

No the last minute subs were not useless, obviously they were meant to run down the clock
                            Skocic was going to bring in Ghoddos while 0-1 behind but rightly changed his mind after we equalized
                            From a tactics point of view Skocic actually risked a lot with AJ-Taremi-Azm-Gholi combo, it was going well in first half when Gholi tracked back but shortly into second half it showed that rb/lb positions had a lot of problems with the Koreans
                            Imo bringing in Noorafkan to strenghen the back was also the right decision
                            I am sorry but people saying Skocic is playing without a tactic dont know anything about football
                            The high press, forwards falling back when out of posession, build up starting from the defensive line, these are new things that have been implemented by Skocic and are working quite good
                            There is the occasional mental lapses of our players like long balls from the back, useless shots and so on which make it seem like we are playing with no tactics but that is not the tactic that’s the asian football standard…see how visible it was today that our two CBs are only IPL level players

Comment

I applaud the team and coaches for a very good effort and good result against good competition. Especially after conceding the goal I was impressed with how much energy our guys attacked and then finally scored. Overall good performance.

Sitting atop the group with 10 points out of the first 4 games. If the guys take care of business we'll hopefully be sitting at 16 points after the 6th matchday which IMO equals qualification pretty much.

Great job so far.

Comment

He is a garbage coach ,I really think he has no clue
                                Why he didn’t start ghoddos
                                Why make subs so late
                                Why bring in nourafkhan
                                His tactic were wrong he has no clue
                                I think Bagheri and hashamian run the team not him he is clueless honestly

Comment

Working...
                                X