No announcement yet.

Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it funny that according to the anti-Skocic crew all of a sudden Skocic has a magically stronger team and forwards. These are the exact same forwards Queiroz had: Azmoun, Taremi, Jahanbakhsh Ansarifard etc. The difference is that Dragan does not park the bus and isn't afraid to take risks and play attacking football. Jahanbakhsh is suddenly starting to score goals for TM, coincedence? I think not. Dragan has more faith in his players than Queiroz did and because of this i am sure he will be more successful. He knows Iranian football better and plays a style that suits Iranian players better, we are too good to park the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
      Now CQ had a better team
      Dont know if you mean Egypt is a better team than Iran, but if yes, that's not the case

Comment

No point talking about who did what. Skocic is doing a good job, is earning the players trust and we shall all fully support him.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Player's develop. Taremi and Azmoun of 2018/19 were a shadow of the two top-class players they have become now. Azmoun had never scored double-figures in a league campaign at that stage and Taremi was still in the desert and hadn't come across an actual training session at club level yet.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Dont know if you mean Egypt is a better team than Iran, but if yes, that's not the case
            Was in response to the poster above who now claims CQ had access to a stronger pool of players than Skocic.

Comment

Player's develop. Taremi and Azmoun of 2018/19 were a shadow of the two top-class players they have become now. Azmoun had never scored double-figures in a league campaign at that stage and Taremi was still in the desert and hadn't come across an actual training session at club level yet.
              So in 2 years Azmoun and Taremi suddenly developed in attacking scoring machines? Where was this sudden development and transformation when Wilmots was the coach and TM lost to Iraq and Bahrain with Azmoun and Taremi being totally invisible? Just two years ago when Azmoun and Taremi where fully grown mature players aged 27 en 24? How do you explain Jahanbakhsh scoring goals and making attacking plays when he was invisible during the Queiroz era? That's a silly argument you're making man. It all comes down to strategy and how you train your players. When you are parking the bus and instilling fear in your players that they should defend at all cost because the opponent is superior, how can you expect them to focus on what they are really good at: creating chances? Footballers develop during their youth, aged between 5 tot 20 at the most, not when they have already shaped and matured with a football identity. The club situation of Azmoun was such that he was playing for Rubin Kazan, a club that was also parking the bus like TM in those days, when Sardar moved to Zenit he started to score more goals because they play attacking football. Taremi was playing in Qatar but he was always a talented, strong, dangerous and unpredictable forward. It's just that you can't expect them to create many chances when they are playing ultra defensively, Taremi was more busy with defending than attacking under Queiroz at times (fe against Portugal).

You have to try harder than that my friend. The influence of Dragan is clearly present much to the dislike of arrogant football fans who are of the opinion that an unknown coach from IPL simply can't be any good. Well let me tell you Skocic is turning out to be like fine wine for TM. Instead of hating you should just enjoy the ride.

PS TM lost to Bahrain and Iraq in the same season where Taremi and Azmoun became topscorers of Portugal and Russia. In those two games Azmoun and Taremi where invisible, you tell me how that is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                I find it funny that according to the anti-Skocic crew all of a sudden Skocic has a magically stronger team and forwards. These are the exact same forwards Queiroz had: Azmoun, Taremi, Jahanbakhsh Ansarifard etc. The difference is that Dragan does not park the bus and isn't afraid to take risks and play attacking football. Jahanbakhsh is suddenly starting to score goals for TM, coincedence? I think not. Dragan has more faith in his players than Queiroz did and because of this i am sure he will be more successful. He knows Iranian football better and plays a style that suits Iranian players better, we are too good to park the bus.
                Agree absolutely. I would add that CQ did not believe in Iranian football not just a player. He did not know Iranian football to put it simply. Also I think it would not matter anyways because at the end of the day CQ is a one trick pony. You can give him Real Madrid and Portugal with Ronaldo and it is the same story. He is a genius in the way that he has made a somewhat successful career for himself doing over and over again what everyone knows, and that is if you park the bus you will allow less goals. That is not building defense. A great defense will defend with 4 players not 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                  So in 2 years Azmoun and Taremi suddenly developed in attacking scoring machines? Where was this sudden development and transformation when Wilmots was the coach and TM lost to Iraq and Bahrain with Azmoun and Taremi being totally invisible? Just two years ago when Azmoun and Taremi where fully grown mature players aged 27 en 24? How do you explain Jahanbakhsh scoring goals and making attacking plays when he was invisible during the Queiroz era? That's a silly argument you're making man. It all comes down to strategy and how you train your players. When you are parking the bus and instilling fear in your players that they should defend at all cost because the opponent is superior, how can you expect them to focus on what they are really good at: creating chances? Footballers develop during their youth, aged between 5 tot 20 at the most, not when they have already shaped and matured with a football identity. The club situation of Azmoun was such that he was playing for Rubin Kazan, a club that was also parking the bus like TM in those days, when Sardar moved to Zenit he started to score more goals because they play attacking football. Taremi was playing in Qatar but he was always a talented, strong, dangerous and unpredictable forward. It's just that you can't expect them to create many chances when they are playing ultra defensively, Taremi was more busy with defending than attacking under Queiroz at times (fe against Portugal).

You have to try harder than that my friend. The influence of Dragan is clearly present much to the dislike of arrogant football fans who are of the opinion that an unknown coach from IPL simply can't be any good. Well let me tell you Skocic is turning out to be like fine wine for TM. Instead of hating you should just enjoy the ride.

PS TM lost to Bahrain and Iraq in the same season where Taremi and Azmoun became topscorers of Portugal and Russia. In those two games Azmoun and Taremi where invisible, you tell me how that is possible.
                  You're bringing in a 2 game sample of Wilmots in which is confusing matters.

The argument was Azmoun and Taremi of 18/19 were nothing to what they are now. Yes, they can still have crap games under a crap manager as Wilmots proved (they're not robots) but they are also without doubt at a level now that is beyond what TM has arguably ever had. The proof is not just in the fact they lolled off all the crap Asian sides we have beaten under Skocic but also in the fact we've rarely had players competing so prominently at the top level of CL.

You can sit here and try and credit Skocic's top class managerial abilities but if you go and ask the players themselves, Taremi will shaash his pants from laughing at you trying to credit his development to Skocic and not King Carlos. Azmoun will probs lol too but possibly because he's just seen Mehdi wet his pants.

Comment

You enjoy the ride until iran loses 3-0 to a strong team. Just because Iran recently beat few weak teams doesn't guarantee success in world stage. We play this style of the game against Argentina in the World Cup and we will see what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Firooz View Post
                      You enjoy the ride until iran loses 3-0 to a strong team. Just because Iran recently beat few weak teams doesn't guarantee success in world stage. We play this style of the game against Argentina in the World Cup and we will see what would happen.
                      You know tactics can be adjusted, right?

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                        Agree absolutely. I would add that CQ did not believe in Iranian football not just a player. He did not know Iranian football to put it simply. Also I think it would not matter anyways because at the end of the day CQ is a one trick pony. You can give him Real Madrid and Portugal with Ronaldo and it is the same story. He is a genius in the way that he has made a somewhat successful career for himself doing over and over again what everyone knows, and that is if you park the bus you will allow less goals. That is not building defense. A great defense will defend with 4 players not 10.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Of course. Players were in primes of careers at different points. Skocic didn't have the luxury of the GK tandems CQ had. A superstar in Dejagah at Fulham, don't forget Gucci, and our LA Liga boys. It's apples and oranges comparing generational teams. All we can make meaning of are the results at the time against the opponents that were available. Rest is agar and shayad.

Let's close our eyes for a second. If you had any other coach who had CQs record at 2 successive WC you would not be convinced he deserved the salary he got. Certainly Colombia didn't find his results satisfactory. Imagine Branko, GN, or anyone else got the result CQ did in Asian cup about Japan...we would all be calling for blood! So what I ask did CQ achieve that caused him to deserve 8 years, millions of dollars, and our blind support. Don't tell me your opinion or subjective beliefs...cite the facts.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                            Of course. Players were in primes of careers at different points. Skocic didn't have the luxury of the GK tandems CQ had. A superstar in Dejagah at Fulham, don't forget Gucci, and our LA Liga boys. It's apples and oranges comparing generational teams. All we can make meaning of are the results at the time against the opponents that were available. Rest is agar and shayad.

Let's close our eyes for a second. If you had any other coach who had CQs record at 2 successive WC you would not be convinced he deserved the salary he got. Certainly Colombia didn't find his results satisfactory. Imagine Branko, GN, or anyone else got the result CQ did in Asian cup about Japan...we would all be calling for blood! So what I ask did CQ achieve that caused him to deserve 8 years, millions of dollars, and our blind support. Don't tell me your opinion or subjective beliefs...cite the facts.

Well what he achieved was making us a consistent team. Team Melli games had become for the most part very relaxing, as it was expected that we comfortably beat most if not all Asian teams. He made us believe that we truly could get out of the toughest group in the 2018 World Cup. Even our Asian Cup losses were more the fault of refereeing or individual player decisions rather than tactical errors of the coach. We all remember struggling against teams like North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc. in the pre-CQ era, and all the drama and hashieh between players. The team just became more consistent and united than it had ever been. Players mindsets became more professional, and its shown in our Legionnaire count. Even things such as PEC were all the doing of CQ, whereas compared to a coach like Branko, who didn't do much in any of these fields while in charge of Team Melli. Even if we look at statistics only, CQ got us the most points in our history at the World Cup, so I don't know what else the man needed to do for us to recognize his services to Team Melli.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                              Well what he achieved was making us a consistent team. Team Melli games had become for the most part very relaxing, as it was expected that we comfortably beat most if not all Asian teams.
                              Really? Again subjective...some would disagree.

Which of these matches with CQ inspired confidence? He was the king of draws. To be honest his team's were very inconsistent and often played to the opponents levels. Draw China then beat Uzbekistan. Defeat S. KOREA then draw Syria.

Iran 1-0 Maldives
                              Iran 1-1 Bahrain
                              Albania 1-0 Iran
                              Iran 0-0 Jordan
                              Lebanon 1-0 Iran
                              Kuwait 1-1 Iran
                              Oman 3-0 Iran
                              Guinea 2-1 Iran
                              Turkmenistan 1-1 Iran
                              Syria 0-0 Iran
                              Iraq 1-0 Iran
                              Iran 2-2 Syria
                              Iran 1-1 Palestine

And these don't include some of the bigger losses like 3-0 to Japan etc. I think winning 8 I'm a row is the definition of consistency wouldn't you agree? Something CQ didn't do in 8 years.

The idea that losses are individual players fault is also ridiculous as it is a rule CQ fans seem to apply arbitrarily. After all who selects and arranges the team...the coach!

In 8 years and the longest tenured TM coach CQ won nothing. If you truly believe he is so great and did so much for us and advanced us to never before heights then you also believe TM can never win any hardware inside or outside Asia. To me that is the epitome of CQ. Mediocrity is acceptable. I have always said I will judge CQs legacy after AC. I now feel based on results that he ultimately was extended for too long. 4 maybe 5 years was enough.

Onwards and upwards. Skocic we thank you for bringing consistency and hashieyeh free to our beloved TM.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

CQ achieved record TM pts total in a WC (it also happened to be the hardest group in Russia)

He qualified TM for back 2 back WCs, a feat never accomplished before in history of iranian football.

He qualified Iran for WC 2018 unbeaten, with multiple games to spare. I believe this is also first time we ever qualified for WC unbeaten, but feel free to correct me if not the case.

So clearly he achieved things never before achieved in our football. This in addition to blooding many young, new players, many in different positions than they originally played, who would go onto become the backbone of the team long after he left. He also encouraged a large wave of iranians to make jump to europe, etc.

Skocic is doing a good job so far, he came in during a difficult period for TM. He still has to qualify for back 2 back WCs (to match our most recent performance we must qualify unbeaten as well), achieve at least 4 pts in WC group to only match the standard CQ set.

Comment

Working...
                                X