This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
    Can we be patient guys? Sure he’s not perfect and yes he’s had negatives in his resume. But this is the same guy who coached Belgium and took Belgium to the quarterfinals in Brazil 2014.

We are also in the middle of a shit show with the economic inflation and sanctions. How any other manager would accept such a situation knowing what Carlos went through. I say let’s wait and be patient.

I remember back in 2011 many pessimistic members here came on here and bashed Carlos. Bringing up his war vs the PFF or how all he did was beat North Korea 7-1.

The fact that the federation has said they want his assistant to be an Iranian in Nekounam is a plus. It shows that they care about the future even in these horrible times. Even under this regime.

I’m not gonna blindly praise Wilmots but I’m not completely closed against him coaching us.
    Per Wiki; Belgium has sixteen players in England premier league.

If we had a Lokuku and 15 other players in England premier league, Afshin Ghotbi would take us to Quarter final of World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
      What his tactics like, he attacking, defensive, etc?
      i read somewhere, 4-3-3 attacking is his favored ..!! which isnt a big departure from how we've been set up past 7-8 years under CQ..!
      if we dont get too carried away with it and not leak too many goals as a result of the transition should be an exciting and welcome change i suppose..!!?

Comment

This coach cannot help TM.

I think the only reason he was chosen was because he accepted all the IFF terms and signed a kind of a contract that would keep his mouth shut. And I can't believe the 1.5 mil neither, perhaps it is much less than that but an unemployed coach would like to brag about his worth but take much less under the table (excatly how the IFF likes it). IMO this coach is a $200-$300k kind of a coach based on his sucky records. and experience. I bet you guys the IR will not pay this guy that much. This is a fictional amount.
        Last edited by webmaster; 05-13-2019, 10:26 PM.
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I'm in the "wait and see" camp if Wilmot truly signs. Getting a European coach in this day and age is a feat for IFF. He's no Zidane, but c'mon, it would have been so easy and uneventful for IFF to go with a domestic coach. IFF actually pulled this out of nowhere, with CQ (rightfully) dragging IFF's reputation in the gutter through FIFA. Taj somehow worked his magic, and I for one will support this decision and coach until future TM performance suggests otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
            I think the only reason he was chosen was because he accepted all the IFF terms and signed a kind of a contract that would keep his mouth shut. And I can't believe the 1.5 mil neither, perhaps it is much less than that but an unemployed coach would like to brag about his worth but take much less under the table (excatly how the IFF likes it). IMO this coach is a $200-$300k kind of a coach based on his sucky records. and experience. I bet you guys the IR will not pay this guy that much. This is a fictional amount.
            1.5 mill is unrealistic amount indeed, more likely cut a zero $150,000, per quarter! And also Good Luck with getting paid...!
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
              Just give him a chance...Hala aslan hanuz malum nist biad ya na lol

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                It is hard to judge him honestly, and i don't put too much emphasis on his Côte Ivoire failure. African teams are so unpredictable. But what worry me about him is the gap between his short coaching career, he is without job for two years and didn't coach for 4 years between 2005 to 2009. Honestly if the price tag is 1,5 M, IFF can get lots of better coaches.
                There is no time left. In 3 months start the World Cup Quliefers 2022 for Iran. I had seen Klinsmann, José Mourinho or Vicente del Bosque as an option or Dick Advocaat and Marco van Basten would all be great and better than Marc Wilmots! Even if we had an option for Joachim Löw.

We just had to keep Carlos Quriouz for another 4 years until World Cup 2022!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  i read somewhere, 4-3-3 attacking is his favored ..!! which isnt a big departure from how we've been set up past 7-8 years under CQ..!
                  if we dont get too carried away with it and not leak too many goals as a result of the transition should be an exciting and welcome change i suppose..!!?
                  We have problems in our attacking and score as you know not more than 1 goal. I wonder how Marc Wilmots will do it. The other think is we just need to get more confidence and playing on attack and finishing in the front.

Carlos Quriouz was very defend system

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post

If we had a Lokuku and 15 other players in England premier league, Afshin Ghotbi would take us to Quarter final of World Cup
                    Did Carlos Queiroz have 16 Iranian players play in Europe when he first became Team Melli head coach? Gooz Be shaghighe che rabti dare? That’s Belgium and we are Iran. We want a top coach who has a decent resume continue the work of Carlos Queiroz. We’re not asking this guy to take us to the final of the World Cup.

Comment

He's in Tehran with 2 of his assistants apparently ( according to khabaronline )

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
                        I had seen Klinsmann, José Mourinho or Vicente del Bosque as an option or Dick Advocaat and Marco van Basten would all be great and better than Marc Wilmots! Even if we had an option for Joachim Löw.!
                        LOOOOL Shahab you are my absolute favourite.

To be honest I'm amazed to have Wilmots coming given:

- The way the country treats foreign coaches
                        - The current geopolitical climate in Iran and threat of war
                        - The economic situation in Iran and possibility of not getting paid
                        - The social situation in Iran (for coaches with wives and daughters etc...)

We will never have a coach the level of CQ again.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                          In 2014 how many England national team players played in the Premier League?
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Stop all this bs negativity dudes.

Despite all that is going on with the USD being 15000 toman, we should be very happy to have gotten

Wilmots, he is a good coach.

and yes we have plenty of time to get ready for the first round of WCQ matches

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              Well, no one can predict the future, but we can make an educated guess based on the historical data while CQ was in charge:

1) Our FIFA ranking had a positive slope (improving)
                              2) We made back to back WCs (first time ever)
                              3) We secured 4 points in the WC group stage (most ever)

So yea, if you follow these trends, we were on track to improve on all these areas if CQ remained.
                              Our goal for WC 14 was to reach the knockout stages. We came close. but didn't. Our goal for WC 18 was to reach the knockout stages. We came even closer than in 14, but didn't reach our goal in the end. I think CQ was the best coach we ever had, but let's face it. 8 years, two Worldcups, two Asian Cups, and we didn't win anything. Maybe if we let CQ stay, we could reach the knockout stages in WC 22. Maybe it would be another 4 years of winning nothing. Like you said, no one can predict the future.

As long as the coach is dedicated and passionate about Iran and Team Melli like CQ was. We have an equally great shot to reach the knockout stages in WC 22.
                              IMO, our worries should not be whether the coach is high caliber or not. We should worry whether he only comes to take "Arab money" or not. I think CQ biggest strength was his love for Iran, Iranians and TM. Not his technical abilities as a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by mangekyou View Post
                                Our goal for WC 14 was to reach the knockout stages. .
                                Based on what? We had one of our weakest talent pools in living memory and a squad in the very early stages of transition. Bosnia had a single player whose market value was more than our entire 23 man squad.

Even in 2018 we did admirably considering the immense dearth of midfielders in Iran. Queiroz extracted the best we could ever see from people like Ebrahimi and Amiri.

Realism, people.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X