Significant Defenders in our History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant Defenders in our History

Which of these defenders do you consider as significant in our soccer history prior to Melbourne? Vote for as many or as few as you want/know about. If you do not know about all of them, I advise you to look them up instead of blindly voting/not voting for a player. If you feel like I have left out anyone from our pre Melbourne years, or mistakenly listed any of these players as a defender, please let me know.
    I will do similar threads using my lists for other positions on the field.
    Mehrab Shahrokhi
    0%
    Mohammad Ranjbar
    0%
    Mostafa Arab
    0%
    Ebrahim Ashtiani
    0%
    Jafar Kashani
    0%
    Hasan Nazari
    0%
    Nasrollah Abdollahi
    0%
    Andranik Eskandarian
    0%
    Mehdi Dinvarzadeh
    0%
    Shahin Bayani
    0%
    Asghar Hajiloo
    0%
    Mohammad Panjali
    0%
    Javad Zarrincheh
    0%
    Mojtaba Moharrami
    0%
    None of them
    0%
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

I've met Hassan Nazari before. He runs an academy in my city and most of the foundation of US National Team can be accredited to him. He has coached Clint Dempsey, Omar Gonzalez, Nick Garcia and Lee Nguyen. Ironically, Dempsey's coach in High School was also Iranian and he was from Shiraz.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
      I've met Hassan Nazari before. He runs an academy in my city and most of the foundation of US National Team can be accredited to him. He has coached Clint Dempsey, Omar Gonzalez, Nick Garcia and Lee Nguyen. Ironically, Dempsey's coach in High School was also Iranian and he was from Shiraz.
      Do you still see him around? If so maybe you can ask him about his TM recollections. He's been in just about every tournament open to Iran.
      Edit: I'm confusing him with Hasan Roshan.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Mostafa Arab is a legend, both on and off the pitch. Pure class.

Comment

Lots of the old timers choose Dallas as their new home and set up football successful football academies, not just here but throughout the country.

Comment

Rahman Rezaei?

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
              Rahman Rezaei?
              Not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                Not a chance.
                How come lol? From what I remember he was one of the most consistent defenders we had. He played in Italy for years. He was very solid. I honestly don't remember anyone better than him in recent years. Golmohammadi wasn't bad either!

Comment

Rahman Rezaei?
                  lmao.

Comment

How come lol? From what I remember he was one of the most consistent defenders we had. He played in Italy for years. He was very solid. I honestly don't remember anyone better than him in recent years. Golmohammadi wasn't bad either!
                    Think about why neither one of them can be an option.

Comment

Why are all the players from Esteghlal 😂

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        Think about why neither one of them can be an option.
                        What am I missing lol!

Comment

Originally posted by IranPowned View Post
                          Why are all the players from Esteghlal 😂
                          Yes especially Shahrokhi, Panjali and Moharrami.

Comment

No Khakpour? I know he isn't as iconic a name as some of the other guys but his reading of the game and commencing attacks from deep was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              No Khakpour? I know he isn't as iconic a name as some of the other guys but his reading of the game and commencing attacks from deep was excellent.
                              Yes no Khakpour for obvious reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X