Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Watch it again. See where JB started running from, where he got to and how late Knockaert released.

But this is an Iranian forum so responses all have to be extremely good or bad.
    i saw alireza run and the guy took a while to pass and when he pass, could not reach aj

Comment

I'm saying if he had caught up earlier before WH players closing the space, Knockaert coud have played him a better pass. Guys I'm not hating Alireza at all, I want him to succeed badly but he has to step up his game big time.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
        which was his first 90 mins i dont recall
        Seconds straight 90 minute game for ARJ. He played 90 min vs. Newcastle.

Guys - we need to be patient, we want ARJ to be a world beater, but it will take a large portion of this season, perhaps the full season, for him to come out of his shell a bit. This is the best league (alongside LA Liga) in the world. It will take time.

Brighton, outside Matt Ryan and Murray were not great. March had a worst game than ARJ, that is why he was subbed. Brighton's offense is still struggling, but getting 3 wins for this team in a row is HUGE. They are ahead of schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyStocko View Post
          I'm saying if he had caught up earlier before WH players closing the space, Knockaert coud have played him a better pass. Guys I'm not hating Alireza at all, I want him to succeed badly but he has to step up his game big time.
          I think you are the only person in the world who actually thinks that ARJ was somehow at fault for the knucklehead play by Knockaert. What you are saying would have resulted in an offside.

That was horrendous.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            I think you are the only person in the world who actually thinks that ARJ was somehow at fault for the knucklehead play by Knockaert. What you are saying would have resulted in an offside.
            That was horrendous.
            I agree with you, I don’t think the person making those comments has played a lot of football to understand those details, maybe he thinks futsal rules apply

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
              I agree with you, I don’t think the person making those comments has played a lot of football to understand those details, maybe he thinks futsal rules apply
              I played plenty of football in my life in Germany, and it wasn't just in sunday leagues drinking beer and beating up players. It's just my opinion and if you don't agree thats ok, but you do not have to insult people and start to make fun of me.

Comment

Overall, I think that he keeps up tactically well. He only has to take better advantage of the spaces he get's. He has to work on his reaction time.

Comment

It was a normal counterattack, he's just lacking groundspeed to get past premierleague defenders, that's all to it.
                  Dude he started a loooong way behind Knockaert it wasn't a normal counter by any means, I think he did really well to get in that position and can't imagine many other players getting there faster than him. I'm not sure what commentary you were watching but even the commentators were saying "what an absolute waste by Knockaert", and it was. Anyone could have threaded a better ball then just smacking it into the defender.

Comment

Look we have different opinions on that matter and I can understand your view on some points.
                    But can you show me one time where he got past the defender or had a successful dribbling? Izquierdo and even march tried to dribble past defenders. He has to react better, get a better first touch and he has to work on his groundspeed and I'm sure he can reach all that.

Comment

Look we have different opinions on that matter and I can understand your view on some points.
                      But can you show me one time where he got past the defender or had a successful dribbling? Izquierdo and even march tried to dribble past defenders. He has to react better, get a better first touch and he has to work on his groundspeed and I'm sure he can reach all that.
                      oh he didnt play great, especially offensively. I dont think anybody is arguing that. He is low on confidence in the offensive third and is playing it too safe, hopefully in the next couple games he rediscovers form. But your point that he was somehow at fault for that HORRIBLE play by knockaert was pretty far off reality.

Comment

Brighton and man united have the same points

Comment

For those who gave ARJ shit for joining a "relegation team" in Brighton:

Brighton has the same amount of points as Manchester United and has two more points than Hoorad's beloved Leicester City

3 starts, 3 wins! Not bad

Comment

I can't disagree with the rest of your post, am hoping for him to regain his confidence and then other things will return... And of course he is still not the finished article.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                              Please clarify why you called Chris Hughton 'Manager Obama'? Is that because he is a person of color? He has a name. The least I could call this is racial insensitivity on your part. I suggest that you clean it up.
                              Oh boy, here we go again:
                              First of all calling me racial insensitive or my statement is again racial insensitive too, because Hughton reminds me of Obama due his facial features and hairstyle.
                              For instance, is it not a problem due to a different skin colour? I think we should not make a difference in a statement, because that still creates trenches in the mind. Someone called me Ansarifard recently, because I remind him of Karim Khan, is that racist now? I agree with you, I can insist that I'm a unique personality, but I would understand this as fun, but not as racist. To imply that just because someone is a man of colour it is immediately racist is ever a questionable attitude, especially with a person of the public. Even a Ghanaian news page writes it's viral he looks like Obama, are now the Ghanaian racists? If someone calls me camel man, terrorist, etc. or insults Hughton due his background, sure this is racist, no doubts about it. I understand your intentions, which are very honourable and I'm also 100% d'accord with you fighting against racism. Btw I would also say you are right if someone would say something stupid like Xi Jinping looks like Jackie Chan, sure but this is not the case here and I think you know it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                                I have a right to call a comment racially insensitive when I see it. This is a free forum. I think there is significant ignorance when it comes to history of racism toward communities of color and unfortunately Iranians are not an exception. Chris Hughton is a known personality and is known for his contributions as a player and as a manager. the Iranian Messy example is not necessarily relevant since that character is only known for his similar looks. Anyways, back to football.
                                No you don’t, especially if it’s false. You are labeling others as something they are not. All he did was say 2 human beings look alike, GET OVER IT! Clearly everyone is backing him...

Comment

Working...
                                X