Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from the Liverpool match 0-1

Immediate reactions before reflection.

1) Most biased referee and both linesman in favour of Liverpool I've ever seen in over a thousand live games of football over 50 years
    2) Shaqiri is a long way short of being Couthinho
    3) Liverpool fans very loud at times
    4) Solly March seemed to be a bit outclassed, Glenn Murray has not got the legs, but Pröpper and Dale Stephens and the defence looked OK
    5) Why wasn't Bissouma on the bench?
    6) Liverpool did not press all that much and fell back into deep defence in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
      Just back from the Liverpool match 0-1
      Gross really ruined all that effort with his challenge on Salah, reckless

I think its time for Murray to hang up his boots, past few games he’s looked really poor

Comment

Ali J on the bench for Iran v Vietnam (11 am UT) in the Asian Cup. Albion's record signing continues to be eased back from the hamstring injury which has ruled him out since November. #bhafc
        Ali Reza not Ali.
        Did you call pope john Paul, John?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Ali Reza not Ali.
          lol go easy on the poor guy! He posts amazing stuff on the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
            Gross really ruined all that effort with his challenge on Salah, reckless

I think its time for Murray to hang up his boots, past few games he’s looked really poor
            1) It was other decisions, not the penalty, that raised my ire at the officials to unprecented levels. The worst decision was made by the linesman in the first half against Locadia. Locadia received the pass behind the ball and was clear on goal. That followed two blatantly wrong linesmen decisions.
            NB: Position of linesman's flag indicated it was Locadia being penalised.

2) Murray's role at defending set pieces cannot be mimicked by other players at the moment. They haven't got the experience. But Murray has not got the pace or trickery to cause wide awake defences any problems.

3) I'm not a fan of Solly March: limited skillset and not a goal threat. Izquierdo with his pace and better scoring prowess is more of a chance of a goal. Attack on show was too slow and has been all this season.

4) I'm not terrific (a bit lacking in ball control) on Locadia either, much preferring Florin Andone.

5) I prefer Bruno at right back over Montoya.

Comment

Ali Reza not Ali.
              Dude I call Alireza Ali sometimes too. Many of his friends, interviewers and commentators say and have said “Ali” Jahanbakhsh before. Leave the poor guy alone lol.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                Dude I call Alireza Ali sometimes too. Many of his friends, interviewers and commentators say and have said “Ali” Jahanbakhsh before. Leave the poor guy alone lol.
                This was a quote from the official twitter #bhafc

From past experience bhafc are fussy about Spanish names, so I'd guess the abbreviation was deliberate. I debated whether to change the abbr. but then it would be a misquote.

Comment

Ali Reza not Ali.
                  In my experience no one call Alirezas by their full name. They either choose Ali or Reza and that's what they are called.

Admitted some Alirezas I've met prefer their full name but people still don't call them by their full name....... How often is a Mohamad called Mohamad and not mamad or mamal instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                    In my experience no one call Alirezas by their full name. They either choose Ali or Reza and that's what they are called.

Admitted some Alirezas I've met prefer their full name but people still don't call them by their full name....... How often is a Mohamad called Mohamad and not mamad or mamal instead?
                    It’s anectodal but the few Alirezas I knew wanted both names pronounced.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      It’s anectodal but the few Alirezas I knew wanted both names pronounced.
                      Yes, and that's what I said. They do want it that way, but other people (friends and family) don't bother. When you don't know the person then you call them Alireza out of politeness (the same way you don't call a mohamad mamad/mamal, or a mojtaba moji, etc. etc.).

We are not as bad as the Americans when it comes to shortening/changing names but we have our fare share (zari, fati, feri, sia, kia, etc.)

Comment

Andy Naylor
                        ‏ @AndyNaylorArgus
                        1h1 hour ago

The way the draw is shaping up, Mathew Ryan and Alireza Jahanbakhsh will only face each other in the Asian Cup (if at all) in the final. #bhafc
                        Australia and Iran will be kept apart if Iran win their group.

Comment

Andy Naylor
                          ‏ @AndyNaylorArgus
                          1h1 hour ago

The way the draw is shaping up, Mathew Ryan and Alireza Jahanbakhsh will only face each other in the Asian Cup (if at all) in the final. #bhafc
                          Australia and Iran will be kept apart if Iran win their group.
                          No chance this Australia side makes it out of that side of the bracket.
                          "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Maybe Jahanbakhsh should play as a 2nd striker/CAM given the situation he is in right now. He did pretty good awhile back when he was played there.

Comment

Iran 0 Iraq 0

https://www.google.com/search?client...l5_n;ln;fp;1;;

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                Maybe Jahanbakhsh should play as a 2nd striker/CAM given the situation he is in right now. He did pretty good awhile back when he was played there.
                                As I said last year. I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X