No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked at a few games from last year, it seemed like Izquierdo would come off the bench! Seems like CH is way to loyal to his starters!

Comment

CH knows his players and what they are capable of, so he will probably use his tried and tested players, even though they have shortcomings, in big games while ARJ gets eased into the PL. Brighton is not a club that can afford to pay big money for their most expensive signing and let him sit on the bench without bringing him on at some point. That sort of price tag is because they are expecting him to be in the starting 11 at some point, imo

Comment

I mean if you were to line brighton's wingers up, and offer them to other clubs, I guarantee that Izquierdo and ARJ would be picked ahead of March and Knockaert every single time. They are just superior players. Now if CH thinks the best way to use them is to ease them in, hes the coach, its his decision. But there is a reason brighton will remain one of the bottom clubs in the league while newly promoted teams like Wolves go on to challenge for european football. They have also spent a lot of $, but unlike brighton are not reluctant to release the handbrake and play the new players, let them express themselves.

Stay loyal to dale stephens and solly march all you want, they just arent that high quality footballers.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
          I just looked at a few games from last year, it seemed like Izquierdo would come off the bench! Seems like CH is way to loyal to his starters!
          I don't think Izquierdo will be match fit and he is the player I would like to see against Man City. Izzy could make the bench though!? Izzy has already proved he can be dangerous in the Premier League.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            I mean if you were to line brighton's wingers up, and offer them to other clubs, I guarantee that Izquierdo and ARJ would be picked ahead of March and Knockaert every single time. They are just superior players. Now if CH thinks the best way to use them is to ease them in, hes the coach, its his decision. But there is a reason brighton will remain one of the bottom clubs in the league while newly promoted teams like Wolves go on to challenge for european football. They have also spent a lot of $, but unlike brighton are not reluctant to release the handbrake and play the new players, let them express themselves.

Stay loyal to dale stephens and solly march all you want, they just arent that high quality footballers.
            I agree with you that he is superior but he needs to play and show it. It's unfortunate. I personally think the formation needs to change, especially when you have so many wingers, maybe a 4-3-3 formation would suit this team better!

Comment

It won’t be long before ARJ is a regular starter. The owners and management of BHA have invested too much for him to be a bench player.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                I agree with you that he is superior but he needs to play and show it. It's unfortunate. I personally think the formation needs to change, especially when you have so many wingers, maybe a 4-3-3 formation would suit this team better!
                I don't think a 4-3-3 would necessarily accommodate for more wingers. None of them are particularly defensive minded or play that centrally (except for AJB), which is the onus put on the RCM/LCM in that formation. You'll still be left with only 2 true winger spots.

I think CH just enjoys the competition, period, and unless one of the players starts to severely underperform then it'll be a 50/50 on who starts every time.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                  I don't think a 4-3-3 would necessarily accommodate for more wingers. None of them are particularly defensive minded or play that centrally (except for AJB), which is the onus put on the RCM/LCM in that formation. You'll still be left with only 2 true winger spots.
                  I think CH just enjoys the competition, period, and unless one of the players starts to severely underperform then it'll be a 50/50 on who starts every time.
                  So far it hasn't been 50/50, it's been the exact same players that have started as last year. To be honest with 1 win so far he's bound to get some criticism if he continues to play the same players!

Comment

Toro khoda Obama Jahanbakhshsho bazi bede farda!!!

Comment

ARJ is a better player than Knockaert, no doubt, but I don't see how anyone watching BHAs game could justify wanting him dropped. The kid has played with his heart on his sleeve. Even if he makes a few mistakes I think he's done everything he can to deserve keeping his spot in the starting 11. I know we all love ARJ but put yourselves in Knockaert's shoes.
                      ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
                        ARJ is a better player than Knockaert, no doubt, but I don't see how anyone watching BHAs game could justify wanting him dropped. The kid has played with his heart on his sleeve. Even if he makes a few mistakes I think he's done everything he can to deserve keeping his spot in the starting 11. I know we all love ARJ but put yourselves in Knockaert's shoes.
                        I agree with you, I don't think he should be dropped but then what's the solution, with a potential 5 wingers for 2 spots. Some very talented ones... what do you do! What was the point to spend this much? SOMETHING has to give!

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
                          Knockaert also has 3 assists from his 5 games this season, there is no way he is being dropped at the moment. I’d like to see ARJ play the role that Bissouma plays behind Murray, I only watched the second half of the Southampton game but I thought he looked slow in possession and gave the ball away cheaply too.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post

CH has a policy of two players each position. This was found out the hard way by not having enough players in all of four seasons before last because of more than average injury list.

Formation is four at the back and any combination in front of the back four is feasible.

It is easy to underestimate the work that Knockaert puts in in defence.

Comment

Expected Brighton team vs Spurs
                              https://madaboutepl.net/2018/09/pred...set-tottenham/

Ryan
                              Montoya Duffy Dunk Bong
                              Knockaert Stephens Bissouma March
                              Pröpper
                              Murray

which leaves the subs to be guessed at:
                              Button, Bruno, Balogun, Bernardo, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Kayal

alt: Andone, Izquierdo.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                                Expected Brighton team vs Spurs
                                https://madaboutepl.net/2018/09/pred...set-tottenham/

Ryan
                                Montoya Duffy Dunk Bong
                                Knockaert Stephens Bissouma March
                                Pröpper
                                Murray

which leaves the subs to be guessed at:
                                Button, Bruno, Balogun, Bernardo, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Kayal

alt: Andone, Izquierdo.
                                Solly March is the Rasoul Khatibi of Brighton. Completely inexplicable, and yet there is his name game after game.

Comment

Working...
                                X