This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milad Mohammadi @ FC Akhmat Grozny | 2018-2019

After all the transfer rumors, it seems that Milad will stick with Ahmad.

I guess we have to wait another season or at least half season.

He's, in my opinion, one of the most underrated defenders in the world.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
      He's, in my opinion, one of the most underrated defenders in the world.
      Agreed! Easily better Ali Adnan of Udinese or Andy Robertson of Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        Agreed! Easily better Ali Adnan of Udinese or Andy Robertson of Liverpool.
        in full agreement with you here. Staying at Grozny for one more season could actually be great for him. Teams that were impressed with him at WC, but not enough to match AKhmat's asking price, can monitor him for another season, and then at the age of 25, where he is experienced but by no means old, he can transfer AS A FREE AGENT. He will have way better and more suitors if he is available on a free transfer imo.

Comment

The Russian league is a prison.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
            The Russian league is a prison.
            milad came from a bench player at rah ahan to our best Left back, and one of the best left backs in a tough european league. RPL was fantastic for him and formed him into the player he is today. He will get a move to a top league within a year. Hes unlucky he was randomly benched at the WC or else hed be moving this year.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              milad came from a bench player at rah ahan to our best Left back, and one of the best left backs in a tough european league. RPL was fantastic for him and formed him into the player he is today. He will get a move to a top league within a year. Hes unlucky he was randomly benched at the WC or else hed be moving this year.
              Love CQ and everything he has done, but one of the only complaints I have about him is him starting Hajsafi over Mohammadi. It cost us a place with Quaresma's goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                Love CQ and everything he has done, but one of the only complaints I have about him is him starting Hajsafi over Mohammadi. It cost us a place with Quaresma's goal.
                I understand why he started hajsafi in the first two matches. We were defending SO deep that no opposition winger could ever really get 1v1 with our fullbacks, or even close to 1v1. When we got possession we needed to stabilize and keep the ball a bit, especially as we dont have a very technical mid to keep possession to give our defense respite. Putting Hajsafi there, especially in the first game, allowed us to have another player capable on a technical and experience level of holding possession and picking a smart pass, winning a foul, etc. I remember when I was at the stadium in Morocco game Hajsafi relieved pressure for us so much, and it seemed like at times there was direct instructions for our defenders under pressure to get him the ball as an outlet to relieve pressure, which he more often than not did. He was excellent in the game. He had a similar role vs spain as well.

But prior to Portugal match, I stated here that milad NEEDED to start, bc hajsafi is not a true defender, and we had to go for the win, so if we got opened up he would be killed 1v1 vs portugals wingers. Quaresma gave him a torrid time, while milads speed and aggressive defending totally shut him down when he came on. Was a big miscalculation by CQ that cost us. Portugal could only score in that match through some crazy shot or some luck, in this case it was the shot.

Comment

Anyone know why he was benched last game?
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                    Totally agree. The other complaint was Shojaei - Ghoddos would've been much better. Ghoddos should've generally been used more.

Other than that, I give him full marks for the WC.
                    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                      After all the transfer rumors, it seems that Milad will stick with Ahmad.
                      Who's Ahmad? Does he own Milad?
                      We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

I agree with adnan, but Robertson, he was a top 5 lb in the BPL and was a starter for Liverpool. Milan’s not at his level

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
                          Who's Ahmad? Does he own Milad?
                          Akhmat (AXMAT) is the Russian spelling for Ahmad. The club is named after Ahmad Kadyrov, the late Chechen leader.

Comment

Newcastle possibly considering Milad by the transfer deadline:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...at-Grozny.html

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                              Newcastle possibly considering Milad by the transfer deadline:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...at-Grozny.html
                              This would be awesome, and ideal for him.
                              Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                              محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                              - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Working...
                              X