Opposing Fans Reaction to Getting Iran as Their Opponent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opposing Fans Reaction to Getting Iran as Their Opponent

I couldn't find the old thread, but I thought it would be cool to see how fans from Morocco, Portugal, and Spain are reacting to getting Iran as one of their WC opponents. Left few comments I found online

Portugal Fans:

"Well from my perspective, just one Portuguese guy, I'm confident in my team. I haven't felt we have had this depth since 2006. That being said, I think the first game will tell all. If we get a win or draw we are golden, if not then we will have to loosen up which takes us out of our game. Morocco is quit solid and Iran is the very definition of resilient/tough. I see a lot of 1-0 score lines here. The only thing I can say for sure, come June my best friend will be Jack Daniels."

"Morocco and Iran are just there to make up the numbers and will get stomped by CR7 and Andre Silva and the European Champions."

"Iran under queiroz is just as worrisome because he knows Portuguese soccer intimately and we fired him in 2010...you bet your ass he's preparing that game vs us as a World Cup final."

"Iran is a good side as an Australian with Portuguese heritage I have seen their performances in Asia recently and historically for me they have always proven to be a solid side with some standout individuals capable of causing any side in the world trouble, added to the fact that their coach is Portuguese and formerly the National team coach and finally their disciplined tactical approach with has traditionally been an issue for Iberian sides I believe for Portugal in particular this game will be a banana skin."

"Iran is a non factor. If they get a point from Morocco they should be happy."

"Hmm... To me and the majority of people, Morocco is a much stronger team than Iran. I'm sorry, but that's just the reality.

Maybe Israel in preparation for Iran? Yeah, Israel sounds perfect.
    " Haha I dont think he watches football very often.

Morocco Fans:

"right after the draw I started watching many videos about Iran NT and their goal keeper can make assists with his hand "
    sigpic

Suprisingly from what i have heard the spanish are taking us the most seriously. Moroccans and Portuguese are thinking they can walk over us
    Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
    http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
    [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
    Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by Real Madrid Fan View Post
      "right after the draw I started watching many videos about Iran NT and their goal keeper can make assists with his hand "
      “I also learned that their starting striker and right back just left the club they sign for cause they felt like it and so their football federation had to clean up after their mess”

Comment

The second spot in group b will fought out between us, maroccs and portugese.
        Portugal is overrated and not even close to spain.
        I am optimistic that we draw spain and marocco and defeat portugal in our last game to
        qualify together with spain (defeating maroccs and portugal)

Comment

Originally posted by Real Madrid Fan View Post
          I couldn't find the old thread, but I thought it would be cool to see how fans from Morocco, Portugal, and Spain are reacting to getting Iran as one of their WC opponents. Left few comments I found online

Portugal Fans:

"Well from my perspective, just one Portuguese guy, I'm confident in my team. I haven't felt we have had this depth since 2006. That being said, I think the first game will tell all. If we get a win or draw we are golden, if not then we will have to loosen up which takes us out of our game. Morocco is quit solid and Iran is the very definition of resilient/tough. I see a lot of 1-0 score lines here. The only thing I can say for sure, come June my best friend will be Jack Daniels."

"Morocco and Iran are just there to make up the numbers and will get stomped by CR7 and Andre Silva and the European Champions."

"Iran under queiroz is just as worrisome because he knows Portuguese soccer intimately and we fired him in 2010...you bet your ass he's preparing that game vs us as a World Cup final."

"Iran is a good side as an Australian with Portuguese heritage I have seen their performances in Asia recently and historically for me they have always proven to be a solid side with some standout individuals capable of causing any side in the world trouble, added to the fact that their coach is Portuguese and formerly the National team coach and finally their disciplined tactical approach with has traditionally been an issue for Iberian sides I believe for Portugal in particular this game will be a banana skin."

"Iran is a non factor. If they get a point from Morocco they should be happy."

"Hmm... To me and the majority of people, Morocco is a much stronger team than Iran. I'm sorry, but that's just the reality.

Maybe Israel in preparation for Iran? Yeah, Israel sounds perfect.
          " Haha I dont think he watches football very often.

Morocco Fans:

This is an amazing thread... 5 damn stars baradar...

Comment

Originally posted by shayan_esteghlali View Post
            Suprisingly from what i have heard the spanish are taking us the most seriously. Moroccans and Portuguese are thinking they can walk over us
            And Dutch media act as if there are only 3 teams in Group B. I guess they are butt hurt that they couldn't even beat freaking Bulgaria away (Team Melli definitely would) to qualify for the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              And Dutch media act as if there are only 3 teams in Group B. I guess they are butt hurt that they couldn't even beat freaking Bulgaria away (Team Melli definitely would) to qualify for the World Cup.
              Looooool they sound like Danes!!!!

Comment

The Serbian fans before the 1998 World Cup thought Iran would get hammered by them with huge scorelines like 5-0, 6-0, etc but they all thought wrong and noticed that they were so lucky to win 1-0.

Do you remember the faces of the Nigerian fans during and after the match with Iran? They had the face of losers, as if they lost the World Cup Final.

How about the Argentinian fans, they were quiet almost the whole match apart from the 91 minute when they got so noisy.

Let all the negative fans of the other teams write whatever they want against our team, we will see what happens on match days

Viva Iran.

Comment

I've visited bigsoccer too and there is a cocky Morocco fan who thinks they are better than Iran just because they have more players in the top leagues.

Comment

I can't wait to prove the world wrong
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by persianfire View Post
                      I've visited bigsoccer too and there is a cocky Morocco fan who thinks they are better than Iran just because they have more players in the top leagues.
                      They don't realize the main reason they have more players in the European leagues is due to their proximity, language (most of them speak french), and politics.

Comment

Originally posted by persianfire View Post
                        Unfortunately that is how most people judge a national team they have never seen in action. If you go on Youtube almost all the pundits are picking Morocco over Iran primarily based on how many legionnaires they have and past WC results.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          It’s okay.

Their wound = Not qualifying to Russia 2018
                          The salt on their wound = Alireza teaching their league players how to play football every week.

Let’s them ignore us

Comment

that's good, they should underestimate Team Melli! They can go and ask Argentina or Nigeria! Without Messi and the corrupt Serbian ref, they would have shared points with Iran...
                            TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

I am pretty sure that Maroccon National Team will take Iran serious af.
                              Iran will qualify from this group together with spain without an defeat!

I am 100% convinced about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X