Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    There is no doubt that he is a special club player. Any club side would love to have him in their squad.

We see him play internationally where he is a completely different player, under our last coach in our 5 consecutive games between Iran and Korea (4 wins and 1 draw for Iran) he was completely anonymous. They were important games (World Cup qualifiers, meaning that Korea were second in the qualifying group two consecutive times).

So the question always arises for us why he is so different for his club than for his country...
    Son always looked promising because of his pace, he stared quite slowly at Spurs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_He...tenham_Hotspur

Son, and ARJ, do not have the low centre of gravity or terrific on the half turn. Got a few extra inches on Salah and Knockaert.

ARJ reminds me in style of Dirk Kuyt. i.e. better in a counter attacking team which currently means Leicester, Liverpool or Bournemouth, by goals on the counter, Brighton are seventh best. NB; Bournemouth and Leicester concede lots from counter attacks as well.

Comment

In the EPL a winger needs pace. Son has plenty of that. The guy natural speed. That is something ARJ is really lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
        Son always looked promising because of his pace, he stared quite slowly at Spurs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_He...tenham_Hotspur

Son, and ARJ, do not have the low centre of gravity or terrific on the half turn. Got a few extra inches on Salah and Knockaert.

ARJ reminds me in style of Dirk Kuyt. i.e. better in a counter attacking team which currently means Leicester, Liverpool or Bournemouth, by goals on the counter, Brighton are seventh best. NB; Bournemouth and Leicester concede lots from counter attacks as well.

Yes I agree. Perhaps not quite the same kind of player (kuyt was much slower, though more selfless, than JB. JB hasn't quite acclimatised to his "new body" and the new league, plus his confidence is shot, because otherwise he was always good to beat a man one-on-one, at least in comparison with people like Ziyech and Kluivert. Didn't really see Kuyt doing that.).

BTW, much as we have Son's number on an international level (at least we did under our most recent coach), he must be considered Asia's best ever footballer, and within the world-class tier of player.

Transfermarkt has his value down as 58 million, but I'd easily put him at 80-90 million. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heun.../spieler/91845

Comment

top quality supporting cast and an attacking formation and team tactics makes all the difference...! just refer to Sardar in Rubin vs the Sardar @ Zenit..!

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
            In the EPL a winger needs pace. Son has plenty of that. The guy natural speed. That is something ARJ is really lacking.
            Pace is both important and hard to judge, esp on TV. Or hard to tell with a new player who may not be at optimum fitness? ARJ has not troubled any EPL defender with a burst of acceleration or a sprint. ARJ looks a little faster than Knockaert, about the same speed as Solly March, and slower than Izquierdo.

Comment

Son vs ARJ is a no contest.

Son is world class. Let's not get hung up on this subject matter too much and hope ARJ manages to improve

Comment

It's funny whenever I meet Korean soccer fans they often mention how they think Azmoun is the best player in Asia, not Son.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
                  It's funny whenever I meet Korean soccer fans they often mention how they think Azmoun is the best player in Asia, not Son.
                  sardar is a gifted athlete as he has also played volleyball, whereas son was just lucky to enter a youth academy and start training football under experienced coaches

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                    sardar is a gifted athlete as he has also played volleyball, whereas son was just lucky to enter a youth academy and start training football under experienced coaches

Jesus Christ. Sardar fanboys are something else.

Comment

South Korean fans get upset at Son because they think he's poor for the national team.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        South Korean fans get upset at Son because they think he's poor for the national team.
                        They should too! He honestly doesn't give it his all when he plays for South Korea, I could sense that when I was in the stadium watching South Korea vs Qatat in the Asian cup.

I would be upset too if we had an Iranian for example in a top European team who played at 80% instead of 100% when he played for team melli.

Comment

Probably because Son is bad for the KNT and because right now South Korea has pretty terrible strikers compared to what they usually have.

Comment

BHAFC vs Bournemouth tomorrow! Important match for BHAFC. I am hopeful JB will start given his latest performance vs Man City.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                              BHAFC vs Bournemouth tomorrow! Important match for BHAFC. I am hopeful JB will start given his latest performance vs Man City.
                              I hope he starts AND plays the entire 90 minutes.

Comment

JB seems to be dropped according to a member on the Brighton Forum. This guy has gotten all their previous lineups correct.

Link- https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-Team-for-Muff

Comment

Working...
                                X