No announcement yet.

FIFA announces host cities for the North America 2026 World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC aint half as assbackwards city as media/ hollywood has portrayed it to be ...!!
    sure it may be lacking some in entertainment and cultural sights, bars clubs etc what makes big cities greater but still has plenty to offer on those front for a short term visitor, w/o all the traffic, crowd congestions, crime and other headaches that come with large metropolises..!!
    it's a great place to settle down and raise family, best BBQ in da world, much more reasonably priced lodging/food/drinks and good stadiums for the game..!!

the city locals are plenty diverse although more white, conservative/rednecks as you hit outa town to country sides..!

i dont imagine it being a favorable hosting site for Iran games .... so i doubt it will be assigned TM games unless were facing USA again..? its gotta strong enough contingent of latinos so i figure some south or Central american teams will probably chosen to play there along with some oddball asian/european side..!!? or IF US were to face a CONMEBOL/concacaf side or anyone where they feel need for more patriotic support..!!?

and yes, this whole WC were restructured with the primary purpose of making it more profitable, hence i think in large parts the hosting sites will be decided based on most likely outcome of generating $$s

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      KC aint half as assbackwards city as media/ hollywood has portrayed it to be ...!!
      sure it may be lacking some in entertainment and cultural sights, bars clubs etc what makes big cities greater but still has plenty to offer on those front for a short term visitor, w/o all the traffic, crowd congestions, crime and other headaches that come with large metropolises..!!
      it's a great place to settle down and raise family, best BBQ in da world, much more reasonably priced lodging/food/drinks and good stadiums for the game..!!
      the city locals are plenty diverse although more white, conservative/rednecks as you hit outa town to country sides..!
      i dont imagine it being a favorable hosting site for Iran games .... so i doubt it will be assigned TM games unless were facing USA again..? its gotta strong enough contingent of latinos so i figure some south or Central american teams will probably chosen to play there along with some oddball asian/european side..!!? or IF US were to face a CONMEBOL/concacaf side or anyone where they feel need for more patriotic support..!!?
      and yes, this whole WC were restructured with the primary purpose of making it more profitable, hence i think in large parts the hosting sites will be decided based on most likely outcome of generating $$s
      i will come to k.c to watch match
      great sports town
      k.c chiefs k.c royals j-hawks
      80 oz steaks

Comment

s
        I'm sure KC is a fine town and from real estate perspective beats my town by a mile but not so sure about crime...

Pop KC 1.7m....murders in 2021...176
        Pop greater Toronto Area 6.4m...murders in 2021...78

Yousall r trigger happy gun crazy bunch down there... maybe comes from eating 80 oz steaks??

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
          I'm sure KC is a fine town and from real estate perspective beats my town by a mile but not so sure about crime...

Pop KC 1.7m....murders in 2021...176
          Pop greater Toronto Area 6.4m...murders in 2021...78

Yousall r trigger happy gun crazy bunch down there... maybe comes from eating 80 oz steaks??
          you seen little house on the prairie
          thats usa tradition at its best.
          k.c= trumpi pro gun pro religion
          very few people with chlostrol under 180

Comment

bro, your state's name rhymes with "misery". How great can K.C. possibly be?
            PSA for ppl not in the U.S., Kansas City is not in the state of Kansas, but Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
              you seen little house on the prairie
              thats usa tradition at its best.
              k.c= trumpi pro gun pro religion
              very few people with chlostrol under 180
              And yet, the heaviest US state in 1994 was thinner than the thinnest state now.

Comment

mississippi is the #1 fat state
                follow by west virgina.
                colorado #1 skinny state

lol

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                  mississippi is the #1 fat state
                  follow by west virgina.
                  colorado #1 skinny state

lol
                  funny thing is that Mississippi was the fattest state in 1994 as well. Some things never change I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                    funny thing is that Mississippi was the fattest state in 1994 as well. Some things never change I guess.
                    the southern style cooking is high in fat.
                    but its delicious .
                    i will visit the south one day just for the food....

Comment

7 pages and no one has mentioned how come Las Vegas hasn't been selected..... its a shame they have the most modern stadium other than sofi
                      people in Nevada leader are blind for withdrawing's their bids...... would of been a good turn out

Comment

I've been to KC one time and I'll say this, they're big into sports there.. Sporting KC is one of the most supported teams in the MLS. I remember back during the 2010 WC, Kansas City was at the top as far as viewership for US cities.
                        I've also been to Arrowhead one time and it's a really nice stadium. Parking there is simple and there's a bunch of space around it.
                        Only problem I have with Arrowhead is that it's not in the best part of the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram88 View Post
                          7 pages and no one has mentioned how come Las Vegas hasn't been selected..... its a shame they have the most modern stadium other than sofi
                          people in Nevada leader are blind for withdrawing's their bids...... would of been a good turn out
                          Las Vegas is one of the most overrated cities on earth.
                          It's also scorching hot in summer.

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                            bro, your state's name rhymes with "misery". How great can K.C. possibly be?
                            PSA for ppl not in the U.S., Kansas City is not in the state of Kansas, but Missouri.
                            yep KC is right on border of Kansas and Missouri, Largely on the Missouri side. the name Kansas City make folks confuse the city with the State of Kansas (which indeed is largely a shithole, boring desert state) in fact over 75-80% of money and taxes generated in state of Kansas comes from the Overland Park region, which is considered a suburb of Kansas city..!
                            here is a tweet from my nephew Alex who does a better job of explaining KC..!! lol

ps
                            i wonder if WC games are going to be hosted in the Arrowhead/Chiefs Stadium which is in Missouri side about 10min east of downtown or the SKC Stadium which is some 45min ride to the west in bonner spring, ks..!???
                            i suppose it will come down to how big of venue a particular WC game would require ? Chiefs stadium can seat upwards of 80-90k, while SKC Stadium is a newer, more soccer specific with about 20k or slightly less seating ..!!

Comment

yep KC is right on border of Kansas and Missouri, Largely on the Missouri side. the name Kansas City make folks confuse the city with the State of Kansas (which indeed is largely a shithole, boring desert state) in fact over 75-80% of money and taxes generated in state of Kansas comes from the Overland Park region, which is considered a suburb of Kansas city..!
                              here is a tweet from my nephew Alex who does a better job of explaining KC..!! lol

ps
                              i wonder if WC games are going to be hosted in the Arrowhead/Chiefs Stadium which is in Missouri side about 10min east of downtown or the SKC Stadium which is some 45min ride to the west in bonner spring, ks..!???
                              i suppose it will come down to how big of venue a particular WC game would require ? Chiefs stadium can seat upwards of 80-90k, while SKC Stadium is a newer, more soccer specific with about 20k or slightly less seating ..!!
                              arrowhead for sure
                              world was amazed back n 94 with amount of big stadiums
                              usa has.
                              usa 94 wc was the the most successful wc evers.

by the way mexico city ztec stadims was awarded
                              the final if 2026 wc
                              if tm makes it I BE THERE.

Comment

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
                                X