Your starting line-up vs England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defensive work Line up:

Pretty much covers all area of our side. This would reduce the mistakes caused by players as there is always 1 or 2 players having your back.

Press work:
    Left back side: Press with 3 players : amiri - taremi - Ezatolahi
    - When got the ball Pass to azmoun for counter attack

right back side: Press with 3-4 Players to stop sterling and mount : ebrahimi - Jahanbakhsh - shoja khalilzadeh and Ezatolahi
    - When got the ball cross the ball to taremi , to start a counter attack

Center: Press with 4 players - Azmoun , Taremi , ebrahimi and Allahyar

Its essential to close the depth of our DF line and this can be doneh by Ezatolahi and Ebrahimi feeling the gaps.

England will have very very hard time scoring against this formation. Again we need to be physical , strong and most importantly fit to run 120 minutes for this to work.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      Defensive work Line up:

Pretty much covers all area of our side. This would reduce the mistakes caused by players as there is always 1 or 2 players having your back.

Press work:
      Left back side: Press with 3 players : amiri - taremi - Ezatolahi
      - When got the ball Pass to azmoun for counter attack

right back side: Press with 3-4 Players to stop sterling and mount : ebrahimi - Jahanbakhsh - shoja khalilzadeh and Ezatolahi
      - When got the ball cross the ball to taremi , to start a counter attack

Center: Press with 4 players - Azmoun , Taremi , ebrahimi and Allahyar

Its essential to close the depth of our DF line and this can be doneh by Ezatolahi and Ebrahimi feeling the gaps.

England will have very very hard time scoring against this formation. Again we need to be physical , strong and most importantly fit to run 120 minutes for this to work.
      I feel like we are really lucky with our FWD players and sko is really not making most of them. Even putting Taremi and Azmoun aside who are top class players, I think both Allahyar and Alipour are super strong, versatile players who an NT like the US would be more than happy to have up front. We really need to get these 2 involved more. They can be huge assets for us off the ball, late in games, starting up front or out wide.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        I feel like we are really lucky with our FWD players and sko is really not making most of them. Even putting Taremi and Azmoun aside who are top class players, I think both Allahyar and Alipour are super strong, versatile players who an NT like the US would be more than happy to have up front. We really need to get these 2 involved more. They can be huge assets for us off the ball, late in games, starting up front or out wide.
        Yes specially alipour and his speed. His fast and physical and could be a huge late game changer for us when the other team is tired, possibly against wales.

Don't forget shahab zahedi if fit and ready could also be a good sub.

One thing that worries me is the Ezatolahi who tends to get stupid yellow cards. So there is a chance we miss him for our 3rd match and that midfield will be a total mess without him.

The remaining 5 months is very essential for our players hopefully they can be fit and ready for WC. No injuries or fitness problems.

Comment

Too soon to say. But 3 players that I'd like to start if, IF, they are in their best form are the following:

1) Alireza Beiranvand
          2) Morteza Pouraliganji (next to his partner Majid Hosseini)
          3) Omid Ebrahimi (next to his partner Saeid Ezatolahi)

Comment

I think we should play 4-3-3 against England with Ezatollahi in the middle, Ghoddos as RCM, and Amiri as LCM

Amiri has played LB before so he can track back defensively, and Ghoddos is capable of tracking back, and has played more defensive roles with Brentford (who could forget his brilliant scene against ManCity when he bodied De Bruyne and sent a beautiful long ball from his own half. Essentially, these players could act as semi-wing backs if necessary when we don’t have the ball.

They also both have good ball control and technique.
            Unfortunately Amiri is injured, but I think this would be an excellent midfield trio to groom!
            I think Ebrahimi next to Ezatollahi would make us too slow…(as much as I like Ebrahimi)

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
              What's up with people having Shoja starting as RB? Pls don't tell me it's based on 20 minutes vs S.Korea...
              #1 moharami sucks
              #2 is beacauseof shja 30+ minute outstanding
              performnce against s.k and son

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                Ghoddos help in midfield will be more crucial than any marginal advantage ARJ gives us vs an opposing full back we all know he will never be able to outpace, even with half a pitch head start, if you want to argue for Allahyar you may have a point.

Ghoddos at CAM is really ghoddos at CM in defensive phase. 2 guys in center zone will be disaster for us, just like 442. We need to pack it in there. And more crucially, when we get the ball we need to have somebody on who can actually play through english press, win fouls, get us out of tight spaces so our defense gets some respite and we actually reach Taremi and Azmoun more than 3x a game. As we all saw vs Algeria, ARJ is not that guy (assisted algerias first goal) under pressure. Saman on the other hand is the only player on our roster who can do that vs top opposition.
                I understand your point on the 2 in cm, but I think with JB you still get more defensive tracking and effort compared with Ghoddos. The 3-4-3 i’m suggesting becomes more a 3-5-1 out of possession with JB and Taremi tucking inside like the advanced midfielders did under CQ.

In terms of breaking the press I also think Moharammi and Amiri’s calmness on the ball mean they are able to do this, particularly if they have more support on their flanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                  #1 moharami sucks
                  #2 is beacauseof shja 30+ minute outstanding
                  performnce against s.k and son
                  He needs to be tested more.
                  If he manages to start both friendlies in september and have good performances, then OK.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                    I think we should play 4-3-3 against England with Ezatollahi in the middle, Ghoddos as RCM, and Amiri as LCM
                    This is the formation that I thought at first but now i think playing 4-3-3 agianst england is same as commiting suicide . We need to have 3 tall physical DF .

So shoja - kanani - hosseini.

and then we need to have 1 or 2 tall physical player infront of our Dfers
                    So Ezatolahi - I think 1 is enough

Then we got omid ebrahimi who is like a tank, he could carry out deffensive and attacking work for us. If we can win the battle in in midfield then we can get a draw out of that game.

One thing is that we need players backing each other. Even during CQ we had players making stupid mistakes, but when they did , there was another player to clear up their mess. Iranian players always tend to make a mistake so the only way to over come this problem is to have another player tracking other players.

In game against algeria if we had another player tracking Noorafkan or majid hosseini then we would've not conceded 2 stupid goals. Again look at the position of Ezatolahi in both goals. Ezatolahi was miles away from hosseini and jahanbakhsh . Jahanbakhsh was forced to pass back where in reality if Ezatolahi was close to hosseini then jahanbakhsh would've targeted Ezatolahi instead of hosseini.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      Replace Norollahi with Ebrahimi/Ghoddos.

Nourollahi will get absolutely obliterated by Englands attacking players.
                      he won't. He does not like Ghoddos for some reason.
                      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X