No announcement yet.

Your starting line-up vs England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with people having Shoja starting as RB? Pls don't tell me it's based on 20 minutes vs S.Korea...
    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

GK: Beiranvand
      CB: Kannani Pouraliganji( or Hosseini)
      RB/LB: Moharrami Amiri
      DM/CM: Ezatolahi Ghoddos
      RW/LW: Jahanbakhsh Sayyadmanesh
      FW: Azmoun Taremi
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Even though 5 in the back is the logical choice, unfortunately TM doesn't have enough time in the lead up to train for that formation.

We would have had to play that formation regularly recently.

So I think the best logical option which allows us to play as defensively as possible while having our two best players in their strongest roles is 4411. We also have to, as in its non-negotiable, start Saman, Alireza and Allahyar. They know English football. They under the intensity and pace.

Back 4 of Milmo, Kananni, Majid, and I guess by default Sadegh

Mid field of JB, Ezza, Saman, Allahyar

Mehdi as the connection between midfield and Sardar up top.

This could change to a 4231 with Saman and Ezza dropping deep.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          If we dont go 5 at the back then sko isnt watching england at all. They struggle when faced with this system. Playing 4 at the back with our full backs is a disaster that HE will be responsible for, not the players. HE needs to choose a system that covers their weaknesses and gives them the best chance to succeed, not the opposite.

-----------------Beiranvand--------------

----Kanani---Pouraliganji---Majid Hosseini----

Moharrami---Ezatolahi--Ebrahimi---Amiri-----

-------------------Ghoddos--------------

----------Azmoun-----------Taremi-----

Off the bench:

allahyar for Sardar if we have a result to hold on to.

Mehdipour for Ghoddos
          That's the problem, he does not know what the fuk he is doing and just wasting the team away by not stepping down and admit he is way out of his league for this mission. He truly believes he is a capable coach. lol.....
          sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Come on, having Saman, Sayyedmanesh, JB, Azmoun and Taremi at once Will be suicide. We are not playing Cambodia. This isnt a game of FIFA, we cant just put in all offensive power and Think we Will score. That midfield is getting run over and raped. There is 0% chance of that happening. It makes no difference if the coach is Skocic, Pep or Klopp. This aint happening, thank god

Comment

I would play 5-4-1 bezan ziresh lol if we tie this game we shall be one leg in the next round

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
                Come on, having Saman, Sayyedmanesh, JB, Azmoun and Taremi at once Will be suicide. We are not playing Cambodia. This isnt a game of FIFA, we cant just put in all offensive power and Think we Will score. That midfield is getting run over and raped. There is 0% chance of that happening. It makes no difference if the coach is Skocic, Pep or Klopp. This aint happening, thank god
                JB's greatest asset this past year has been his defensive hustle and ball winning ability.

Ghoddos played LB in the Prem and did a great job.

And Mehdi regularly drops deep in Porto and helps out with defensive duties.

I specifically picked these guys because they are good defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  JB's greatest asset this past year has been his defensive hustle and ball winning ability.

Ghoddos played LB in the Prem and did a great job.

And Mehdi regularly drops deep in Porto and helps out with defensive duties.

I specifically picked these guys because they are good defensively.
                  Saman played like 1 match as a wingback. These guys are offensive players. Not even the biggest teams play with so many offensive players. It messes up all the balance, and it wont happen which I understand completely

We neee 2-3 midfielders who hustle and tackle with all their power. People like Saeid, Ebrahimi and Amiri. That is a midfield that Can defend well and close tight space. Not Sayyadmanesh and JB on the wings, leaving only Saeid and Saman alone in there. Thats suicide

Comment

Someone plz call Ak8 and Nekounam/Teymourian and talk them out of retirement..

Neku and Ak8 would help more ass players tjan as coaches or assistants even if they retired 10 years ago..
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

If we dont go 5 at the back then sko isnt watching england at all. They struggle when faced with this system. Playing 4 at the back with our full backs is a disaster that HE will be responsible for, not the players. HE needs to choose a system that covers their weaknesses and gives them the best chance to succeed, not the opposite.
                      -----------------Beiranvand--------------
                      ----Kanani---Pouraliganji---Majid Hosseini----
                      Moharrami---Ezatolahi--Ebrahimi---Amiri-----
                      -------------------Ghoddos--------------
                      ----------Azmoun-----------Taremi-----
                      Off the bench:
                      allahyar for Sardar if we have a result to hold on to.
                      Mehdipour for Ghoddos
                      Totally agree with the back 3 and wing backs but I think if you swap Ghoddos for JB and switch to 3-4-3 with Taremi and JB providing options for overloading on left and right hand sides this is even better. Reason being is both can better exploit the space behind the advanced England fb’s on the transition than in your formation. Especially if we play low block and they commit more forward towards the end of the game. Taremi is much more effective drifting in from the left and if England start with TAA on that side I think he can create a lot of problems for them.

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
                        Totally agree with the back 3 and wing backs but I think if you swap Ghoddos for JB and switch to 3-4-3 with Taremi and JB providing options for overloading on left and right hand sides this is even better. Reason being is both can better exploit the space behind the advanced England fb’s on the transition than in your formation. Especially if we play low block and they commit more forward towards the end of the game. Taremi is much more effective drifting in from the left and if England start with TAA on that side I think he can create a lot of problems for them.
                        Ghoddos help in midfield will be more crucial than any marginal advantage ARJ gives us vs an opposing full back we all know he will never be able to outpace, even with half a pitch head start, if you want to argue for Allahyar you may have a point.

Ghoddos at CAM is really ghoddos at CM in defensive phase. 2 guys in center zone will be disaster for us, just like 442. We need to pack it in there. And more crucially, when we get the ball we need to have somebody on who can actually play through english press, win fouls, get us out of tight spaces so our defense gets some respite and we actually reach Taremi and Azmoun more than 3x a game. As we all saw vs Algeria, ARJ is not that guy (assisted algerias first goal) under pressure. Saman on the other hand is the only player on our roster who can do that vs top opposition.

Comment

Ghoddos help in midfield will be more crucial than any marginal advantage ARJ gives us vs an opposing full back we all know he will never be able to outpace, even with half a pitch head start, if you want to argue for Allahyar you may have a point.

Ghoddos at CAM is really ghoddos at CM in defensive phase. 2 guys in center zone will be disaster for us, just like 442. We need to pack it in there. And more crucially, when we get the ball we need to have somebody on who can actually play through english press, win fouls, get us out of tight spaces so our defense gets some respite and we actually reach Taremi and Azmoun more than 3x a game. As we all saw vs Algeria, ARJ is not that guy (assisted algerias first goal) under pressure. Saman on the other hand is the only player on our roster who can do that vs top opposition.
                          I agree 100% with this! Saman's perceived defensive "liability" have to be shore up on the back end. We will have no offense if the midfield cannot distribute and that can only be done with Saman and Saman only. I compare Saman to the gun powder in the gun.

Comment

Beiro
                            Shoja Majid Kanani
                            Ezzat Ebrahimi
                            ARJ Ghoddos Allahyar
                            Azmoun Taremi

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                              What's up with people having Shoja starting as RB? Pls don't tell me it's based on 20 minutes vs S.Korea...
                              he plays their for his club sometimes, also we are sitting back and he is a much better defender than moharrami

Comment

I dono why people are using Ghoddos against England. I remember him only 1 time playing as a deffensive MD in brentford and he got injured in that game. Ghoddos is not a deffensive player and Thomas frank knows it, thats why he always subbed in ghoddos when they needed to score goals. He even said it in his griffin park interview....

Against USA yes i'll use him any day but deffo not against england.

Comment

Working...
                                X