Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TM - Tactic Thread - Discuss tactics, observations (only tactical aspect post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tha

There are so many issues I am not sure where to begin, but a lot has to do with player selection:

* Our shape is horrible, and we don’t know when to press and when to sit deep. We have lost our identity - Wilmots wanted a high press, but our coaches don’t have the intelligence to instruct the players when this needs to happen. I have mentioned it before, but this can be alleviated by removing Ahmad Noor. I didn’t want to be funny - but does he have some sort of government connection? I don’t see how or why he gets picked when he has literally no idea about positioning, spacing. He will often press by himself and leave huge gaps in midfield. Running for the sake of running is NOT defence. Without the ball he is like a headless chook, and with the ball he has poor technique, touch, and vision. He doesn’t contribute to attack or defence, why is he still being selected? Ebrahimi sitting deep with Ezzatolahi will help a lot, with Amiri if he is injury free.
    * We do not have the right players to play out of tight spaces. Gholizadeh isn’t physical enough, and Jahanbaksh has had a poor first touch his whole career. These two are played as the main outlets when playing out of a press, and it causes far too many turnovers. Someone like Ghoddos is very good at this, but he is lacking in other areas. When you don’t have the technical players to get out of a press, playing a long ball isn’t the worst thing to do.
    * We seem to approach each game the same tactically and some of the player selection defies belief. You cannot play with Omid Noorafkan against strong opponents, as a fullback. He is a complete liability in defence. The most important thing for a fullback, when playing against strong opponents, is speed and recovery - yet Skocic thinks every team is Iraq and he can have a “playmaker” fullback and get away with it. On the ball fullbacks don’t matter against strong teams, only against weak and when you are chasing the game.
    * Most important of all, it is simple - the coach does not command respect from the players. You don’t get respect by barring players from camps. You get respect by showing the players you care, that you will fight for them tooth and nail, and that you have the tactical nous and experience to enhance their performance. You remove any and every excuse the players can have for poor performance. This coach has none of it. We are headed for another 2006 disaster, but even worse, because the teams in our group now are much stronger.

Comment

There are definitely plans on the offensive end, primarily to used width, switch wings quickly, and combo play near the box.

The defensive end we might have plans, but they cannot be executed if we have the players we do.

We clearly play a more offensive style and it exposes us badly. We simply don't move defensively like we should, and even when we do we can't do it well with guys like Noorafkan and Hajisafi.

Comment

I think it is safe to talk about getting to good opportunities is a sum with many factors:

pressing game + buildup play + readjusting teamwise from defence to offense..... = opportunities. This definition is not something controversial and a thing we all can agree upon.

thinking analytically about what leads to the goal of goalscoring opportunities may be good topos.

I can start with one contribution and that is following: - The more we mess up the buildup play the more our offense will suffer and the team will need to find other ways of attacking. A tendency that has been with us historically is our poor buildup play. Our teams, when we have played open football (opposite of CQ era) has often been dependent on PRESSING. One of the most famous games being the one against mexico in 06. The total collapse was due to combo of fitness issues and fatigue of pressing so hard.

This leads to many conclusions:

- We are not necessarily super dependent on perfect build up play if we can reverse from defence to offence succesfully and have high pressing game in periods of the games.

- We are not necessarily super dependent on perfect build up play if we can keep good fitness levels amongst the players.

- We are more likely to succed and avoid collapsing if we can solve build up play.

- Build up play is key IMHO as our players have traditionally good pressing game due to historical path dependency of TM.

Comment

The problem I have noticed with current Team Melli squad is that whenever there are many regular players absent, their replacements are either uncapped or less experienced players.

Goalkeeping, Defence and Midfield are a big worry.

My suggestion would be:

If Beiranvand is not available, then Hossein Hosseini should take his place instead of Abedzadeh. Hossein Hosseini conceded the least number of goals in 2021-22 Iran Pro League season.

Defenders: instead of inexperienced and uncapped defenders, maybe should callup past defenders such as Ramin Rezaiean, Vouria Ghafouri, Rouzbeh Cheshmi, Milad Mohammadi.

Midfield: Team Melli lacks a player who can distribute the ball. If Saman Ghoddos is not available, and Vahid Amiri injured, the best option is Mehdi Torabi at the moment who is not getting much game time!!! Better option would be to callup Ashkan Dejagah his European Football upbringing and experience will still benefit Team Melli in the World Cup matches.

Forward: Azmoun and Taremi are great but if they are having a bad day then Team Melli needs either supersub (such as Ghoochannejhad), go-getters like Mehdi Ghayedi and Allahyar Sayyadmanesh. Alipour should have been tested, why he is not getting game time?

Team Melli seriously needs to have friendly matches outside of FIFA dates to test players such as Hosseini (GK), Cheshmi, Vouria Ghafouri, Ramin Rezaiean, Mehdi Torabi, Ali Alipour, Ashkan Dejagah, Reza Ghoochannejhad, Mehdi Ghayedi, Allahyar Sayyadmanesh.

Just arrange some friendly matches with few of the following: Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Oman, Qatar, Vietnam, Cuba, Nicaragua, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Libya, Uganda, Niger, Sierra-Leone, Namibia.

Other issue is that Team Melli are not planning a friendly in November before the World Cup. This is a bad decision, since that would be the only time to play likes of Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Denmark, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
            The problem I have noticed with current Team Melli squad is that whenever there are many regular players absent, their replacements are either uncapped or less experienced players.

Goalkeeping, Defence and Midfield are a big worry.

My suggestion would be:

If Beiranvand is not available, then Hossein Hosseini should take his place instead of Abedzadeh. Hossein Hosseini conceded the least number of goals in 2021-22 Iran Pro League season.

Defenders: instead of inexperienced and uncapped defenders, maybe should callup past defenders such as Ramin Rezaiean, Vouria Ghafouri, Rouzbeh Cheshmi, Milad Mohammadi.

Midfield: Team Melli lacks a player who can distribute the ball. If Saman Ghoddos is not available, and Vahid Amiri injured, the best option is Mehdi Torabi at the moment who is not getting much game time!!! Better option would be to callup Ashkan Dejagah his European Football upbringing and experience will still benefit Team Melli in the World Cup matches.

Forward: Azmoun and Taremi are great but if they are having a bad day then Team Melli needs either supersub (such as Ghoochannejhad), go-getters like Mehdi Ghayedi and Allahyar Sayyadmanesh. Alipour should have been tested, why he is not getting game time?

Team Melli seriously needs to have friendly matches outside of FIFA dates to test players such as Hosseini (GK), Cheshmi, Vouria Ghafouri, Ramin Rezaiean, Mehdi Torabi, Ali Alipour, Ashkan Dejagah, Reza Ghoochannejhad, Mehdi Ghayedi, Allahyar Sayyadmanesh.

Just arrange some friendly matches with few of the following: Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Oman, Qatar, Vietnam, Cuba, Nicaragua, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Libya, Uganda, Niger, Sierra-Leone, Namibia.

Other issue is that Team Melli are not planning a friendly in November before the World Cup. This is a bad decision, since that would be the only time to play likes of Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Denmark, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, etc.
            ashkan cannot even make qatari second league, he is finished. ramin and voria are not good anymore, milmo is also terribly out of form

skocic should test more players too, i agree. instead of Mr Sarlak

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
              ^^ LOOOOOOOL the usual not so smart members will thank you for this post. Mehrez subbed off angry lol. I guess all the other stats and results don't matter only a game vs Algeria and Korea matter. Interestingly in both we saw individual errors too. Also interestingly had Iran won both games by 3 goal margins it would have been thanks to the foundation that CQ built for us. Heyyyyyyyy lucky us...
              You clearly care that everyone disagrees with you, you are just trying to troll and get a rise out of people. It’s clear almost nobody (or it could just be nobody generally) agrees with you, and you’re just posting non-stop the same opinion. I’m a believer that opinions are like ********* and everybody has one, but you’re just trying to antagonize the forum at this point. It’s either that you are doing it to consciously be a troll and annoy people, or you have a major little brother syndrome going on where if everyone is saying the sky is blue, you’ll say it’s green to show you are some way different and better than other people for having a different opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re a Covid denier based on your posting. I can say confidently that it’s really obnoxious how you always jump in to post these asinine takes. I hope you’ll start the no Carlos Queiroz’s discussion community and make millions off it, since you are apparently a part of a silent hyper-intelligent majority with your brilliant opinion (I would say opinions, but I’ve only ever seen you have one opinion here). I will subscribe to your NCQDC so I can bask in the glow of the real geniuses of the world, like yourself.

Hopefully you’ll take some time from your busy schedule curing diseases, feeding the hungry, and bashing Carlos Queiroz to do gods work and build that website. We’d all love to follow you there, but you go first. We’ll all meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                There are definitely plans on the offensive end, primarily to used width, switch wings quickly, and combo play near the box.

The defensive end we might have plans, but they cannot be executed if we have the players we do.

We clearly play a more offensive style and it exposes us badly. We simply don't move defensively like we should, and even when we do we can't do it well with guys like Noorafkan and Hajisafi.
                *There are 0 plans on the offensive end because the players upfront are isolated from the rest of the team.

* Non existent link between the midfield and offensive players.

* No plan to attack through the middle, just overlaps on the flanks by LB/LW RB/RW for 90 minutes.

* When in position we see literally no movement from the midfield/offensive players, to create space/get in better position.

* A couple of passing combos from the players upfront every now and then, is the result of desperation/players taking matters in their own hands, not tactics.

* He still hasn't figured out how to include Ghoddos in a lineup with both Azmoun and Taremi. Instead he insists of playing Nourollahi who is rotting away in Al-Shotor.

These are just a few examples of how clueless Skocic is. I don't even want to talk about our defense lol.
                One could write a book about the tactical shortcomings of Skocic.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

What are the offensive plans you refer to? How many goal-scoring opportunities did we create against Algeria?

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                    You clearly care that everyone disagrees with you, you are just trying to troll and get a rise out of people. It’s clear almost nobody (or it could just be nobody generally) agrees with you, and you’re just posting non-stop the same opinion. I’m a believer that opinions are like ********* and everybody has one, but you’re just trying to antagonize the forum at this point. It’s either that you are doing it to consciously be a troll and annoy people, or you have a major little brother syndrome going on where if everyone is saying the sky is blue, you’ll say it’s green to show you are some way different and better than other people for having a different opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re a Covid denier based on your posting. I can say confidently that it’s really obnoxious how you always jump in to post these asinine takes. I hope you’ll start the no Carlos Queiroz’s discussion community and make millions off it, since you are apparently a part of a silent hyper-intelligent majority with your brilliant opinion (I would say opinions, but I’ve only ever seen you have one opinion here). I will subscribe to your NCQDC so I can bask in the glow of the real geniuses of the world, like yourself.

Hopefully you’ll take some time from your busy schedule curing diseases, feeding the hungry, and bashing Carlos Queiroz to do gods work and build that website. We’d all love to follow you there, but you go first. We’ll all meet up.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

Comment

Originally posted by Pouya View Post
                      lol it's surprising that you don't see the difference in class between the Queiroz era and the circus we have seen the past 2 years - it was ugly but it was something that was working. And don't play the we didn't win the AFC or World Cup card.

In both World Cup we performed Amazing against world giants Argentina, Portugal, Spain.

We choked against Japan and Iraq for AFC title cause of cultural mindset issues mainly but hey, there are many good teams that don't just win the cup - are they shit?
                      As opposed to 15 wins and 2 losses? I don't know maybe I do not see the difference in class but I do know that is better than 60% with 0 cups, advancements..etc. At least he has a question mark still to be answered as opposed to hindsight which we know and already happened.

Comment

its stood clarely pure tactic thread, and none of this stuff
                        reading these repeating battles about cq vs sko is like wtching the chicken vs peter fights on family guy that pops up from nowhere and starts with no reason, and never ends..
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiyJI5Kmcro
                        i would be glad if our great moderatos makes a cleanup among these users, its like pfdc has a virus i have to search through pages, and 50 % are this bs repeating itself in every other thread, and 50 % is realy interesting stuff posted by great members..
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9aZ5KRYDk
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                          We cannot play out from the back. It works against weak Asian sides but in the world cup we will get humiliated. We need to play direct if not route one. That is our only chance. SSADLY!
                          i believe we cant play out of the back if we dont have an organized press, being a offensive one or a defensive one.. the way we play now, there is no real structure/ a structure that breaks easily.. if we had a system, that when opponents have the ball, made them stressed, or dispositioned, and put our players in good positions o the field at the same time, and in good positions in relation to other teammates, when opponents lost the ball or our goalie got the ball, we could start building from the back no probs. eaven if opponents used high ppress, it wouldnt affect us as it does now. when we have barely more than azzmoun and taremi at a position, and a shattered midfield, its not smart tying to build from the back as we loose the balls in those "not lose the ball in this area" zones to often..

an organized press/system puts us in ok position to try build up a play/or counterattack, as players already is i ok positions when we concuer the ball. now its just random positions or poor positions. everytime we get the ball we have to invent te wheel again from scratch..
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by momad2468 View Post
                            There are so many issues I am not sure where to begin, but a lot has to do with player selection:
                            * Our shape is horrible, and we don’t know when to press and when to sit deep. We have lost our identity - Wilmots wanted a high press, but our coaches don’t have the intelligence to instruct the players when this needs to happen. I have mentioned it before, but this can be alleviated by removing Ahmad Noor. I didn’t want to be funny - but does he have some sort of government connection? I don’t see how or why he gets picked when he has literally no idea about positioning, spacing. He will often press by himself and leave huge gaps in midfield. Running for the sake of running is NOT defence. Without the ball he is like a headless chook, and with the ball he has poor technique, touch, and vision. He doesn’t contribute to attack or defence, why is he still being selected? Ebrahimi sitting deep with Ezzatolahi will help a lot, with Amiri if he is injury free.
                            * We do not have the right players to play out of tight spaces. Gholizadeh isn’t physical enough, and Jahanbaksh has had a poor first touch his whole career. These two are played as the main outlets when playing out of a press, and it causes far too many turnovers. Someone like Ghoddos is very good at this, but he is lacking in other areas. When you don’t have the technical players to get out of a press, playing a long ball isn’t the worst thing to do.
                            * We seem to approach each game the same tactically and some of the player selection defies belief. You cannot play with Omid Noorafkan against strong opponents, as a fullback. He is a complete liability in defence. The most important thing for a fullback, when playing against strong opponents, is speed and recovery - yet Skocic thinks every team is Iraq and he can have a “playmaker” fullback and get away with it. On the ball fullbacks don’t matter against strong teams, only against weak and when you are chasing the game.
                            * Most important of all, it is simple - the coach does not command respect from the players. You don’t get respect by barring players from camps. You get respect by showing the players you care, that you will fight for them tooth and nail, and that you have the tactical nous and experience to enhance their performance. You remove any and every excuse the players can have for poor performance. This coach has none of it. We are headed for another 2006 disaster, but even worse, because the teams in our group now are much stronger.
                            great stuff in this post!

i just want to add, I dont want TM to loose against these teams, specialy since the sanctions affect our team, would be so sweet if we smash them.. (and IFF and the rest put some momey in to the TM preps) Dont want TM to be humiliated against these teams, atleast play some respectable footy.. atm. its very worrying..
                            now we never know if sko has a plan, to use fake no tactics in friendlies being scouted by other teams, and have a secret tactic he trains at vs secret teams at secret locations.. but i doubt it.

in my oppinion, as i stated in this thread, a good tatic has it roots in the way we play when don DONT have possesion of the ball,
                            we lack the movements, relations between players andright players at right positions..
                            im realy not convinced by gholizadeh..

also want to se allahyar involved from start..

we sure miss the sort of player kaveh rezaei was when in form aswell. sadly he hit that form 2-3 years to early
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

players such as Hardani, Allahyar, Zahedi, should be involved much more in to this team, get some power, speed, and modern players in the 11.. atleast we got a few good young ipl talents in this latest camp but still played the same 11 as usual..
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I wonder one thing, Moharrami is a solid rb, and we have Hardani there aswell. ¨
                                I have suggested players as JB or Ghoddos before at lb, since they played ok games there in premier league. with amiri in front of them, it would be interesting

one thought hit me today, with moharramis experiance, could he play lb instead and we put hardani at rb.

or can we school the inexperanced hardani and shape him to a lb instead?

then problem would be solved.

# i understand the problem with being able to switch sides effects with if you are very onefooted.. i dont know how that goes for those 2 players.. but they should be able to do the basic stuff much better than current lb,

if that would work, we would also free up amiri and his engine for midfield, if he gets back from the operation in time,
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X