No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knockaert is fire, he puts in so much work, offensively and defensively. So fucking fast and is doing really well. I cant see JB starting over him, if anything he could start over march, not knock tho

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
      Knockaert is fire, he puts in so much work, offensively and defensively. So fucking fast and is doing really well. I cant see JB starting over him, if anything he could start over march, not knock tho
      Yet he's utter dogshit when in front of goal. He couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel. Brighton's problem is that they can't put the ball in the net, something JB excels at. As cute as knockaert has looked so far, the fact that he is slow and offensively challenged means that JB will get his spot sooner than you think.
      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
        Yet he's utter dogshit when in front of goal. He couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel. Brighton's problem is that they can't put the ball in the net, something JB excels at. As cute as knockaert has looked so far, the fact that he is slow and offensively challenged means that JB will get his spot sooner than you think.

I've heard some weird things about Knockaert, but this is the first time I've seen anyone call him slow. The guy is an absolute rocket, pretty sure he's faster than JB in a straight line sprint.

I don't think he's a better player than JB, but he's been playing well this season. His first half against Fulham was the only quiet half I've seen from him all year

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
          Unfortunately Knockaert is not quick over anything more than 3 yards, very left-footed and can get dispossessed otherwise losing the ball quite easily against tenacious full backs. I see Alireza Jahanbakhsh getting a start on the right hand side in one of the next three games:

Southampton (A) vs Bertrand
          Tottenham (H) vs Davies
          Man City (A) vs Mendy

The extra speed of Alireza Jahanbakhsh may help.

i am talking about speed at Premier League standard which ignores comparing the current wingers with recent Brighton speedsters, the injury prone Buckley who was fast as any winger anywhere on his day, and the explosive injury prone Kazenga Lualua who had explosive speed over 12 yards. Both Buckley and Lualua were two footed as well. But alas, both had injuries and they were not influential on the pitch. At the same time Brighton has ex-Spanish international winger Vicente. All three players had careers wrecked by injury. Knockaert is a veritable tortoise compared to his predecessors.

But there is more to being a winger/striker than speed and trickery and technique. A football brain helps. This must be the reason why Brighton signed Alireza Jahanbakhsh. The powers that be must have recognised something about his play that gives him an edge.

Solly March is very left footed as well and is quicker than Knockaert, but he has had bad luck with injuries. Not as quick as José Izquierdo.

So far this season, Brighton have been slow in attack. We will need a bit more speed for the fixtures coming up.

Comment

PS: very quick wingers worry opposing managers and full backs more than how good they are. The very quick ones (Walcott,Traore) force the wary opposition to take extra measures, but they require space to run into. Better a slightly slower winger who has close control at speed and quick thinking.

The most dangerous player is the very quick off-the-shoulder second striker like Jamie Vardy. If Alireza Jahanbakhsh could play in this opposition, he would have to replace Locadia.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performa...heeled-striker

That is why Brighton play deep as the defence is not very quick. When we play a slow forward line the opposition can push up as well as their defenders think they can get back in time and the top six clubs usually can.

Comment

Did you guys notice, CH went with Alireza to receive the award. This is great stuff !
              https://www.instagram.com/p/BnYd81lh...=officialbhafc

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                Did you guys notice, CH went with Alireza to receive the award. This is great stuff !
                https://www.instagram.com/p/BnYd81lh...=officialbhafc
                Hughton has such a strong character and is supportive of his players. It is great that he made the trip to be there for ARJ. I continue to say that this is a scenario for success. Tighten your belts for a crazy ride with ARJ this fall. I am sure he will make all of us proud with his coach standing for him.

Comment

I just saw a guy wearing a Jahanbaksh jersey, i asked him if he was iranian and he said no, he was from Amsterdam and saw how JB played so well that he became his favorite player!

Comment

Originally posted by roozan View Post
                    I just saw a guy wearing a Jahanbaksh jersey, i asked him if he was iranian and he said no, he was from Amsterdam and saw how JB played so well that he became his favorite player!
                    Which jersey?
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                      Which jersey?
                      Brighton Jersey!

Comment

I love JB.

I don't think he has the same level of talent as Sardar (albeit very different players) but what he has is the combination of traits required to be very successful. I just can't wait to see what he can do and I think he has a perfect coach in Chris Hughton.

It will take JB time to integrate into the english game. In fact, even internationally for Iran he still really hasn't found his niche within our defensive phalanx system.

But JB has the talent, work ethic and general personality traits to succeed, in particular patience and perspective.

Salah at Basel looked like a decent player but his finishing was terrible, he practiced with Alex Frei until he improved, then in Chelsea he didn't fit in to Mourinho's fans but was patient and moved to Fiorentina, where he again worked on finishing and movement with Montella, then with Spalletti at Roma his tactical proficiency improved considerably. By the time he arrived at Liverpool he was a completely different player to the one 4 years before at Basel.

My point isn't that JB is the same as Salah, but that he has those traits of patience, humility and spirit which aren't too prevalent in top-tier footballers. That's why I strongly believe JB has a few further levels he can push up to, and I think he potentially has a good coach to do that with once he is ready.

Comment

I like Knockaert. Why? Because Alireza will work hard to get his place.

Not all of you, but I suggest to some of you to really try and look at the bigger picture.

Jahanbakhsh is playing the the English top flight. No he’s not a starter yet, but he is working hard and he will eventually get where he wants to be.

For those who know I won’t go over this, but for those who don’t know Jahanbakhsh is a player who calculates his team’s chances during a play when he has possession of the ball. He is a winger with a play maker’s mentality. Watching him in Eredivisie was fantastic but now he is playing in one of the toughest football leagues in the world.

Let’s refrain from bashing Knockaert and instead let Knockaert bring out the best out of our boy. You guys will see how much better Alireza will be in a year’s time.

I know some of you have said I’m a AJ fan boy and maybe so, maybe I am lol. But I am for the right reasons. This player is different than the rest of our players. I truly admire his work ethic and mature attitude towards the game. Every chance he gets he tries his best to outdo his previous performance. This is why he had a successful season last year and this is why he made it to the big league because THESE are the type of players Top European leagues are looking for.

The future is bright for Jahanbakhsh. I believe it.

Comment

the amount of bias in this thread is truly on another level and completely misguiding to those who rely on pfdc to stay in tune with JB an Brighton as a whole. its very clear for anyone who reads comments on the Brighton forum and a bit of twitter the differences in opinions on the wingers are so heavily biased here. JB is an amazing player and an amazing person but that doesn't mean you should rip his team mates he competes with into shreds, with no backing whatsoever. fact is knockaert, march, and izquierdo are all great players and having them battle it out with JB in training will only make him a better player. JB will rise to the occasion when he gets a proper opportunity, which he really will in the coming weeks we all know he has the support of the club and staff.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Utomst respect for CH for showing his support to JB. Very nice gesture.

Comment

Dutch TV-program Veronica Inside shortly interviewed Jahanbakhsh at the football gala.

At 0:33:

Interviewer: in the Netherlands you were the big star player, and now we see you on the bench at Brighton. Does that disappoint you?

Jahanbakhsh: I think it is normal that when you are at a new club, it takes take time to know everything, your fellow players, the club, the tactics, techniques, so yes it takes some time, but everything will definitely turn out fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X