U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    My gut feeling is that the whole PSV thing is a distraction and he is anxious to get over there.
    This, and too much pressure on 17 years old, like saving this team. He wasn't himself at all. He was trying to do a lot....This is the job of coaching staff.

Comment

I like to express my disappointment not about the players but about the decision made by the team manager and coach.
      They made a strategic mistake and as a result the tactical mistakes can be neglected because they are less significant.
      1. The same players that are in U21 will not all be going to Olympic games and to assume all need experience together was a mistake.
      2. Some players who were too weak at certain spots should have been replaced by U23 players who would fill the holes.
      3. using one or two great players from U23+ players should have been done to counter Korea and other teams. We saw in saudi game that we played poorly and got lucky. This team was too young and not ready to play against teams with full strength.
      4.If we chose a team so weak and young and inexperienced then we should not cry after losing
      5. We should never count the chickens for 2020 and lose the game today to prepare for 2 years later. The olympic team could get experience by camps and friendlies against some benched players from PGL. This would have been welcome by the bench warmers and also their PGL coaches who hardly use some players
      6. estili and other guys are not great strategists and they tried to steal from peter to give to paul. They need to learn that they made big mistakes and without a plan these players have learned nothing from these 4 matches. I have to go to sleep, so excuse any typos.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Now i don't want focus on 17 years old Delfi, and blame him for this result, but he was pretty disappointing, yes he is 17 where most of players are between 20 to 22 and in this age few years older matter but he showed he can compete with adults last year in league and actually do pretty well. I don't know PSV distraction or too much pressure on him as savor was the reason or what, but hope he learn a lesson or two from this tournament which will help him for Olympics qualifiers. He proved in past he is for real.
        Estili early in the tournament said the PSV talk is really distracting Delfi.
        I don't blame the kid, he's 17. Of course he's going to get excited.
        A good lesson for him.

Comment

Last game of the day:
          Vietnam 1-0 Bahrain
          We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

and that is that

Comment

The Iran-South Korea rivalry is at its highest right now

Son: "I told my teammates that we're not playing in a football match, and that we're going onto the pitch to fight a war. We're here to represent our country."
              We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
                The Iran-South Korea rivalry is at its highest right now

Son: "I told my teammates that we're not playing in a football match, and that we're going onto the pitch to fight a war. We're here to represent our country."
                Ye takbeer ham akharesh goft? ya ye salavati chizi!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  Ye takbeer ham akharesh goft? ya ye salavati chizi!
                  We can come back with: Iran are the kings of West Asia, Japan are the kings of East Asia

Comment

Can we have decent domestic coaches for youth teams? And no clowns like Estili?
                    بسی رنج بردم در این سال سی
                    عجم زنده کردم بدین پارسی

Comment

Originally posted by ferdowsi View Post
                      Can we have decent domestic coaches for youth teams? And no clowns like Estili?
                      like chamanian. Im sure there are more chamanians out there in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        like chamanian. Im sure there are more chamanians out there in Iran.
                        Shayad Vahid Hashemian. Gavahie morrabigarie UEFA raa ham be dast avarde va be nazar mirese besyaar tavanmand baashe harchand ke hanooz tajrobe

nadare.
                        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Min 60
                          China U23
                          0-3 (0-3) Saudi Arabia U23

KSA have only Japan in his path to reach final

KSA scored 4th goal
                          Last edited by St_Mark; 08-24-2018, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Ok, so Saudi Arabia lost to North Korea - obviously on purpose - 3-0 against North Korea just to get the easy path and thrash China 4-0 now. Not the kind of sportmanship (wouldnt have expected it anyway from SA) but except for NK they are having decent results.

2 goals scored by a naturalized player from Sierra Leone by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by versusdamon View Post
                              Ok, so Saudi Arabia lost to North Korea - obviously on purpose - 3-0 against North Korea just to get the easy path and thrash China 4-0 now. Not the kind of sportmanship (wouldnt have expected it anyway from SA) but except for NK they are having decent results.

2 goals scored by a naturalized player from Sierra Leone by the way.
                              Haroune Kamara Scored 3 goals today

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                                Haroune Kamara Scored 3 goals today
                                Clearly a Senegalese (apparently Sierra Leonese) import.
                                Last edited by Nokhodi; 08-24-2018, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X