Carlos Queiroz @ Colombia National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
    No there is a friendly vs Japan in March before copa.
    Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
    Colombia is a good place for CQ from the casual work-rate perspective. Their team famously lost to Japan in Russia 2018. Might have a chance to face off again in this Summer's Copa America (June 14 to July 7 in Brazil).
    Good opportunity to take Iran’s revenge with Colombia, while soothing millions of heartbroken Colombians since WC 2018 loss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am for Carlos Queiroz in Copa the America. I think he will play defensely like he did with us 4-2-3-1 he's system is not attacking. My colleague is from Colombia and he had no opinion about Carlos yet. We will see toghter Copa the America from a box in his house and I will support Carlos.

Comment

The icing on the cake for CQ’s signing with Columbia: he is now officially sponsored be Adidas

Comment

Makes me question...if CQ psychologically hijacked Iranians fans for himself knowning the shitty situation in Iran. Literally the man became greater than TM (and kind of created that situation for himself...not to bring his acheivments down). No one should ever be greater than TM (not the players, the coachs, etc). Our players never became the star of TM, TM never became the star of TM...it was really CQ who was the star of TM and he put himself in that position.
          I am a fan of CQ team melli since that is the only TM I ever knew. No one can argue about the results he acheived with TM in terms of wins vs. losses. However, TM never won a single recognizable tournment with CQ. Even though we considered our team to be #1 in Asian for quiet sometime. In-terms of football domination by statistics...TM did great...but, in terms of acheivements? 2 back to back WC...cool? semi-finals in AC...okay? I honestly don't see a WOW factor in terms of acheivements.
          If we had gone through the next round of world cup or finals for AC I wouldn't say this. But, I think we are elevating the man to a position he doesnt belong. In the real world "almost" doesn't make great. If Tom Brady almost won 6 super bowls...he wouldn't be the GOAT.
          When you give a starving person food...they feel that is the best tasting food they've ever had. However, if you give the same food to a person not so hungry...they might think it's meh.
          Let see what CQ can acheive with Colombia. I hope he successeds. However, my honest opinion is that Columbia under CQ will not mount to much. Either stay at status quo or elevate just a little bit (but not World Champion or Copa America champion level).
          EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

South American teams are heavily focused on attacking. If he can implement a defensive strategy that works Colombia can stand out and be pretty effective (especially with the speed and technical midfielders and wingers they have). Best of luck Carlos miss you already!
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
              KeonKish jan, dar Argentine nemigan na Profesor na Profi. Shayad dar hamon shomale Amrikaaye Latin az in laghabhaa estefadeh mikonan.
              Remember that it is Argentinian Spanish which is different from the rest of Latin America.

And this is because the majority of Argentines are Italian in origin and as a result the slang is completely different.

But I’m sure in every country in Latin America the slang is different.

For example, pajita means straw in one country and means blowjob in another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I am really proud to have had CQ as our coach. He was without a doubt the best coach in our history. Unfortunately his worst performance was his last one with Japan where he showed too much respect to the opposition and implemented the wrong tactics from the beginning. This Japan team was nothing special and unlike TM struggled its way up to the semifinal. The Qatari coach did not make the same mistake as CQ and went straight for the jugular when facing Japan and it paid off handsomely.

Still one bad game does not diminish what this man did for Iran during his eight years. If he had stayed another 4 years Iran would been a truly great team and I would have predicted we would have made the quarterfinals of WC 2022.

Thank you CQ from the bottom of my heart I wish you all the best with Colombia.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                  Makes me question...if CQ psychologically hijacked Iranians fans for himself knowning the shitty situation in Iran. Literally the man became greater than TM
                  Yes, its perfectly plausible that CQ endured 8 years of dealing with corrupt IFF officials, sanctions against his team, lower pay than his resume would pull elsewhere, terrible sports media, and the vitriol from Branko and PP fans JUST to hijack Iranian fans to become bigger than TM. And let's not forget that he ALWAYS talked about himself in every press conference and not TM and their lack of equipment/funding/resources/facilities/pay/respect/friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Yes, its perfectly plausible that CQ endured 8 years of dealing with corrupt IFF officials, sanctions against his team, lower pay than his resume would pull elsewhere, terrible sports media, and the vitriol from Branko and PP fans JUST to hijack Iranian fans to become bigger than TM. And let's not forget that he ALWAYS talked about himself in every press conference and not TM and their lack of equipment/funding/resources/facilities/pay/respect/friendlies.
                    I am not saying that was his only intention.
                    When you are coaching at that high of a level and can deal with IR and IFF ...sorry for the french...but you have to have some degree of kharkoosegi in you. Plain and simple. Many think CQ is some saint who is of Jesus or Zarathustra or some savior; aint like that. Creating these opportunities for Iran was part of his job (and who knows maybe if he was more buddy buddy with the IFF and sports ministry with better political tactics...TM wouldn't go through all this bs). I can gaurantee you that with some political and diplomatic prowess and not all this TM vs. the World (including IFF and half the government) TM would have been in much better position in terms of equipment/funding/etc etc. Again I am not criticizing what he has done and the results he has gotten. If you go back through my posts from 2013 you can see I have supported CQ throughout and not one moment doubted the man even when many on this board did.
                    Any coach at that level is working for the results because it is part of their legacy and personal branding. He endured TM for 8 years (a top talented team, on a continent with asian level competition, that was already an asian powerhouse --- Iran wasn't some trashy 3-4th tier asian team when he took over) and now he is in Colombia making mula like no tomorrow (that is good for him and well deserved...just trying to make my point).
                    Do I think CQ was passionate about his job: yes; did he get good results: yes;
                    did he make sacrifices: yes;
                    did all the players, and other management make sacrifices: yes;
                    did the players get the same amount of attention for the sacrafices: no;
                    did CQ achieve any WOW factor achievements that will be in record books 70 years from now: no;
                    will CQ result be forgotten by a TM fan who will be born in 2050: very likely yes;
                    Did CQ take advantage of the situation: yes; is CQ good at playing mindgames: very good -- some may say so good that it is borderline psychopathic manipulation levels;
                    Would he think about fooling the Iranian Fans for his own gain: you decide
                    ...and thank you for only quoting part of what I said...really puts things into perspective for people reading.
                    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

I think Carlos will find tactics that best suit the Colombian team. His tactics with our team were more conservative and defensive because our players generally lack certain technical attributes that would allow for more free flowing attack/press. Colombia on the other hand his an entirely different pool of talent so he might go for totally different approach with that team.

Comment

CQ was great till Japan game. Excuse me for saying it but there is something negative that is lingering on my mind about what CQ did in Japan game. Was his mind screwed up by our media or did he not care anymore after battle with sports minister and others. I cannot say he did it maliciously but it makes me wonder how a great coach would do what Qotbi did against Korea or what Bronco did against Mexico.

That day he may have been drinking. He was not himself and he did not act as the CQ that we knew. When the team was falling apart his voice could have helped but the team never got back to normal shape. Was the team partying before japan game? It is a puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                          CQ was great till Japan game. Excuse me for saying it but there is something negative that is lingering on my mind about what CQ did in Japan game. Was his mind screwed up by our media or did he not care anymore after battle with sports minister and others. I cannot say he did it maliciously but it makes me wonder how a great coach would do what Qotbi did against Korea or what Bronco did against Mexico.

That day he may have been drinking. He was not himself and he did not act as the CQ that we knew. When the team was falling apart his voice could have helped but the team never got back to normal shape. Was the team partying before japan game? It is a puzzle.
                          I swear this forum gets dumber every day

Comment

Makes me question...if CQ psychologically hijacked Iranians fans for himself knowning the shitty situation in Iran. Literally the man became greater than TM (and kind of created that situation for himself...not to bring his acheivments down). No one should ever be greater than TM (not the players, the coachs, etc). Our players never became the star of TM, TM never became the star of TM...it was really CQ who was the star of TM and he put himself in that position.
                            I am a fan of CQ team melli since that is the only TM I ever knew. No one can argue about the results he acheived with TM in terms of wins vs. losses. However, TM never won a single recognizable tournment with CQ. Even though we considered our team to be #1 in Asian for quiet sometime. In-terms of football domination by statistics...TM did great...but, in terms of acheivements? 2 back to back WC...cool? semi-finals in AC...okay? I honestly don't see a WOW factor in terms of acheivements.
                            If we had gone through the next round of world cup or finals for AC I wouldn't say this. But, I think we are elevating the man to a position he doesnt belong. In the real world "almost" doesn't make great. If Tom Brady almost won 6 super bowls...he wouldn't be the GOAT.
                            When you give a starving person food...they feel that is the best tasting food they've ever had. However, if you give the same food to a person not so hungry...they might think it's meh.
                            Let see what CQ can acheive with Colombia. I hope he successeds. However, my honest opinion is that Columbia under CQ will not mount to much. Either stay at status quo or elevate just a little bit (but not World Champion or Copa America champion level).
                            Y.C Tala jan,
                            We will never know with certitude what happened. CQ might write a book when he retires, his version, interesting read.
                            You made some interesting points but I disagree.
                            Don't think there is a need to do an in depth psychological analysis.

Ofcourse u need to have your wits about u, be a pedar s, plan like a machiavellic commando if u want to survive at that high of a level, it's not care bear land.

He was no haloo pofak, no saint, good for him.

What made a huge difference and impact with this brave man is that he walked the talk, met his players half way, didn't chicken out, wasn't afraid to be unpopular, didn't put the blame on TM, maintained unity with the help of his players in a hostile environment. The man was a professional, had work ethic.

He was demanding, expected his players to behave like pro athletes, good soldiers and had no patience for pricky behavior. There was no room for a second diva.Is that a bad thing?

If the country is not united,communication coming out of Iff is not clear, naneh ghamars become official speakers don't be surprised if CQ and other expats don't take advantage of this khar to khar situation to score points from time to time. It's about survival.

He did a mighty good job! That's all that should matter.
                            Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

I am a fan of CQ team melli since that is the only TM I ever knew. .
                              Agha if this is the only TM you've ever known then, trust me, you're in for a world of pain if we go back to the TMs of the last few decades. The nerves of losing to Persian gulf countries was so painful over the years before this TM, deimi football, no discipline, relying on individuals rather than the team.

I feel really sorry for all our fans for whom only this TM was what they have experienced.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                                looks like someone has had one too many drinks before posting on PFDC. Yes, clearly he was drunk during the game. Porto and a cuban cigar was the culprit. Rumors are that CQ was offering a tequila shot in a glass for every shot on the football pitch.
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X