• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGC View Post
    Beautiful! I want to visit Mazandaran!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM07q2h4h-E

Documentary about Emam-Ali Habibi.
      The videos like this make me to be proud Iranian. THANKS for posting it. It is a must watch for ALL Iranians.
      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Khoda biyamorze I used to talk with my late father about the traditional wrestling techniques. We were quite dissapointed not seeing iranian wrestlers executing them that much in international competition.
        I became a Yazdani fan when he executed like 2 or 3 sare ta yeki against in his 70kg senior debut. There and then I understood he is 100 patriot. The rakabis against tsabolov, marable, dieringer that made them spin like ballerinas etcare are ofc also traditional iranian super moves. But the Sare ta yeki was just something else.

As aghaye habibi tells us in the documentary: Either you submit or you choke and die.
        What does that move look like? Im a casual fan so not familiar with any of the technical stuff

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
          What does that move look like? Im a casual fan so not familiar with any of the technical stuff
          No problem at all!

You headlock the head and lock the leg (thigh) of an opponent ( sar-ta-yek ie head and leg becomes one) as you put the opponent in a position to fall and lose the fight whilst getting choked out.

Let me find links and times

41:22 in the documentary with emamali habibi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmkY06gEhmc

For example the FALL in this fight (Yaz havent got the choke as tight as it can be ... but probably he didnt want the opponent to pass out!)

Comment

And that's imho a big reason why opponents and proponents alike hail him as a pahlevan! he could of as I mentioned gone much harder making that move.

Comment

No problem at all!

You headlock the head and lock the leg (thigh) of an opponent ( sar-ta-yek ie head and leg becomes one) as you put the opponent in a position to fall and lose the fight whilst getting choked out.

Let me find links and times

41:22 in the documentary with emamali habibi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmkY06gEhmc

For example the FALL in this fight (Yaz havent got the choke as tight as it can be ... but probably he didnt want the opponent to pass out!)
              Thank you for the explanation, makes it that much more exciting to see Yazdani back in action tonight

Comment

Some points about the final Tomorrow between Yaz - Taylor

- David Taylor has only met Naifonov when he was 2-3 string russian wrestler and when Kuruguliev was their number one

- Everyone keeps talking about Yaz struggling against Russians. Everyone struggles against Russians.

- DT is no exception from this: He had a nailbiter against Kuruguliev in 2018...Yaz beat Kuruguliev more convincingly during the same tournament

- Back when Yaz went on against DT as a raging bull everyone wondered why? But most people have forgot what they felt at the time. Take it easy.

- Yaz has adjusted and is more cautious...this whilst Naifonov have developed and been obsessed with Yazdani since latest worlds... just go take a look at post fight interviews with Naifonov.

- I dont know if Aghaye Khodaei is being concerned, anxious, or wanna bring the pressure down ... Most likely without KNOWING about Yaz health status he speculates about injury in some kind of face saving concern if Yaz get defeated tomorrow

- Either Taylor is the better wrestler..... he is better at scrambling and his stamina is better. ... or he is doing PEDs because i've neveer in my life seen stamina like his .... it was like when Taymazov went toying around with wrestlers and none raised an eyebrow ... well I do .... and as Ive said many times .... I hope he is clean, but I have my doubts...
                Either way, if he wins then congrats to Taylor being the better wrestler ...

I'm doing analysis of Naifonov fight as soon as I have ran some errands.

Comment

As a Mazani boy, wrestling is in our blood, you see people who haven't watched that many of football games but don't miss a wrestling fight.
                  When i was teenage lots of boys used to at some point practice wrestling as sport or more serious. I know things changed since

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    When i was teenage lots of boys used to at some point practice wrestling as sport or more serious. I know things changed since
                    Honestly I would have loved to do that, seems so cool, and the training is intense and serious, the whole thing around it, they are in crazy shape, just being serious about wrestling and live it.

Comment

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/236768

I think this fight is informative for several reasons. The biggest reason being that Yazdani defended himself in the fight like a champ. Also we should bear in mind that naifonovs strategy was two-fold: Keep the fight at an intense pace, avoid yazdanis underhooks as your life depends on it whilst being defensive sound.

Some key aspects of Yazdanis new fighting style:

- He doesn't go in for the underhook at all, even in times when he could execute 2-4 point moves.

- His takedown defence and sprawling was superb

- He has even worked on scrambling. After he was pinned by Tsabolov, he improved his scrambling, came back and scrambled the life out of Tsabolov during WC. This is what I mean when I say Yaz learning curve is exponential.

- He held on for 6 intense minutes, this is the same pace Taylor will have in the game. We have now seen that Yazdani CAN survive 6 minute fast and intense pace without breaking down. You can either believe that his gas tank is lower than before, or you could realize that this is the second time in 86kg his gas tank has been challenged. To my best knowledge the gas tank is improved.

I will highlight these insights by breaking down the fight:

First round!

- Start of the fight: Naifonov is a good hand fighter. Dastash khob kar mikone.

- 5:20 forwards: Yaz goes for the underhook and pushing lightly. Naifonov going for the whizzer but changes to fleeing when Yaz isn't going too hard at him choosing instead to flee the mat. Yaz lets him off the hook deliberately. Naifonov showing good defensive ability that should not be overestimated.

- Directly afterwards for a period Yazdani going for elbow control and collar tie. Trying to push down Naifonovs stance and shake him. Which he do pretty good

- 4:53 Yazdani going for a body lock pushing down Naifonov to defensive stance. Idiot ref blows the whistle prematurely before Yazdani manages to execute Sar-tah-yeki or takedown.
                      That ref is a complete imbecil for blowing the whistle after 3 seconds.......he didnt let him work a takedown against a defensive sound wrestler. Had he grabbed points here he would've been able to dictate the pace of the fight. Luckily Yazdani didn't care and we saw other qualities in his new way of fighting.

- Up until 4:06 Yazdani stalls because honestly Naifonov gets passivity warning that was long due. For two minutes he just kept high pace without any serious attacks that would expose him more. Then again the ref was being too kind to Naifonov. Not that the ref is bribed corrupt or anything. He was sort of just a bad ref thats all.

- 3:36 Naifonov goes for a single leg digging deep and streching out for a hold. Yazdani sprawls so low it's amazing to watch. Notice how he backs a few inches to half meter so Naifonov can't press his knees togheter after getting a hold so he can after that lift the knee closest to Yazdani and lift him with hip power to get between his legs and come out behind him. What yaz does is he backs a few inches to lets Naifonov spread out all his body and arms extremely low to keep the hold ... thats when Yazdani sprawls even lower and then presses all his weight on Naifonov. Not even close executing the leg attack!

- 3:04 Yazdani goes in for the underhook but choses to conserve energy by just throwing him aside. Clearly again a CHOICE which casual fans dont see.

Second round!

- 2:50 Naifanov grabs a single leg again....Yazdani puts extrem pressure on Naifanov so he slips a little..thats when Yaz just sprints away from his hold getting loose because of the pressure on Naifanov. Excellent TD defence again! 2x TD denied.

- 2:35 Now he has had enough of Naifanov and he switches up a gear as I mentioned in my other analysis. He goes in, takes a headlock making Naifanov disoriented then for a HARD UNDERHOOK. Compare how much he goes in for this underhook compared to the other. Most probably he felt he had control of the game until he had to defend and just mauled Naifonov this timme. Then looses up goes for another head and body lock and gets the single leg sliding by easily.

- 2:00 Naifonov trying body head lock and slideby but Yazdani with another clinical defence. No chance. 3rd world class attack neutralized

- 1:23 Almost 4th time he defends against single leg ...this time denying Naifonov 2p by fleeing the mat.

- Pace is much lower ... Yaz is by this a little bit tired but not Gassed at all. Yaz stalling frustrating Naifonov

- 0:15 Naifonov goes for another leg attack, this time getting tangled in a scamble where Yaz has a firm body lock and flips him.

Yazdani has proved that he can keep tight score, defend well, manage inhuman pace, chose when to attack and when not to.
                      He is following his game plan. My prediction is that Yaz vs DT will be tight. And we should thank God being on this side of the bracket that Yaz has one days rest.
                      Some people will say "oh if yazdani wanted to control the match he would have just scored five and gave it a rest". No my friends, the judges wouldve slaughtered him with passivity warnings and you just dont anti-wrestle against russians. You control the entire fight. This is what some iranian wrestling fans dont understand ... they think u can just score 5 quick points and then just walk around. No. Thats what iranians always do and they always let opponents benifit by doing it. I dont even want to start to count how many time we have been punished for taking 5 quick points and then stopped wrestling inviting in opponents!

Comment

Damet garm for your nice analyse.

Love it

Comment

Great analysis. I think Hassan did very well to stay his usual composed and not flustered self in the face of a very emotionally charged naifonov. The pace naifonov set he could not keep up for the full 6 mins, at least not with any meaningful attacks on a consistent basis. If the match continued for 10 more seconds I think yazdani would have won by technical superiority.

Main question that comes to my mind now is, what are Taylor's biggest weaknesses? I am sure yazdani and his coaching staff, both from national team and back in juybar have been planning for this very moment for the past 3 years. What will he be looking to capitalize on in the American's game? Obviously from his own perspective I guess most crucial thing was making sure his stamina is where it needs to be in the 86kg category which I think it is now, although DT will be the real test for that.

Comment

I just started my other shift but he is the worlds best scrambler and will punish exposed positions extremely hard! Also hist stamina. Yaz has to conserve and let DT take more initiative earlier. He is nowhere near Yaz in hand fighting and standup. Yaz has worked on his weaknesses. Td defence, stamina, and tactical fighting

Comment

Great analysis by AGC.
                              Thank you for your posts. Very education and informative for someone like me who only understands the bare basics of wrestling.

Comment

Thanks hamvatanhaye azize man.

Bonus:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdFXdO75QGc

Compare the first underhook and naifonovs escape when he reconsiders after first going for a whizzer and then chamges mind when yazdani doesnt chase and hook hard. Compare it to 2019 woröds where yazdani goes hard and Naifonov whizzers. Naifonov transitions his whizzer into a throw because yaz expose himself when being to aggressive.

When I talk about yaz wanting clean executions this is what im talking about. Its not worth ahmagh bazi in olympics semi.

Comment

Working...
                                X