Iran vs Russia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Pouralganji also had a so so game, he was part to be blamed on Russia's goal and was a bit shaky on few other occasions.
    Our def part in the WC14 was soooo strong Wish we would have some of them...

Hosseini, Sadeghi, Montazeri, Alenemeh, Mahini, Beikzadeh, Pouladi, Beitashour

and our DM... Nekounam and Teymourian

Some of them would help us alot...
    sigpic

Comment

We had very big imposing figures in our 2014 team, and were lucky that a number of them were at their peak. For TM camps, I bet they pushed each other so that we had the end result of a perfect back 4 for the world cup itself.

We have very talented defenders now but as a unit we are still a bit behind that group. We need to rely on Jalal's leadership. Milad has the tactical strength to fit into any system. The other two slots need a bit of work to get up to world cup standard.

Comment

I have said it again, but I still think Teymourian should be given a chance to show that he's quality. He is a beast on the midfield, his passes have led to crucial moments and his corners always lead to a goal. I trust him much more than Ezatolahi...I don't care that he is 34 and plays for Gostaresh, we need our best players for the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post

I would still take our current defensive unit over the WC14 one.
          1. Milmo is better than Pooladi...
          2. Mahini, Alenemeh, Beitashour are just average TM players, nothing special... I pick Rezaeian and Ghafouri over them
          3. I pick Cheshmi, PAG, Ansari over Sadeghi
          4. Montazeri might still return depending on his injury recovery

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post

Nekounam and Teymourian duo >>>> Ebrahimi and Ezatolahi / Hajsafi.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
              I would still take our current defensive unit over the WC14 one.
              1. Milmo is better than Pooladi...
              2. Mahini, Alenemeh, Beitashour are just average TM players, nothing special... I pick Rezaeian and Ghafouri over them
              3. I pick Cheshmi, PAG, Ansari over Sadeghi
              4. Montazeri might still return depending on his injury recovery
              I think Alenemeh was a really good BackUp. I wishwe would have one at the moment.
              Beita was the weakest but i just listed him to complete the list.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                Technically, physically, and defensively this is 100% true. But i'll be damned if they weren't one of the slowest midfield duos in the world cup.

Comment

Ando-Javad duo is stronger than anyone we have right now, no doubt about it, we are talking two guys who played in top 4 European leagues, but Ando is done, lets move on. The issue is Ezzatollahi's game regressed which changed lots of things in CQ equation. He was a key player of Queiroz team, now i am not even sure if he deserves to start. Not that we have anyone better, maybe Cheshmi!

Comment

a few months ago Carlos told a Portuguese reporter who asked him about this team compared to the 2014 TM: " the difference between them is like black and white".

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                      a few months ago Carlos told a Portuguese reporter who asked him about this team compared to the 2014 TM: " the difference between them is like black and white".
                      Which one is black & which one is white

But seriously our team has changed so has all the other teams. We have a young team which has self belie, that is a huge positive. On top of that we have had almost 9 months to prepare. I think we can do better this time around but lets wait and see who ends up in the group before we count our chickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        I badly miss Neko. Add Nekounam in his prime to TM and we become almost unbeatable by any pot 2-4 team.

Comment

Looking at all the games we've played, it's becoming more and more obvious that we need to slow down the tempo and not get into this wide open game. Yes, it's entertaining, but that doesn't give us wins. That's not our strength.

As much as fans like to see the up tempo games, we will have a hard time winning anything in the worldcup if we get trapped into an attack mode strategy. Watching the Iran-Russia game, we were vulnerable the moment we decided to switch to a free flowing game in the 2nd half. Same thing with Syria. We are strong when we slow down the pace, play a physical and disruptive game with our DM and rely on mistakes from our opponent. The Argentina game is a perfect example, and had we been awarded a penalty kick, who knows what could have happened. Against Bosnia, well, we all know how that turned out
                          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Iran vs Russia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                            Which one is black & which one is white

But seriously our team has changed so has all the other teams. We have a young team which has self belie, that is a huge positive. On top of that we have had almost 9 months to prepare. I think we can do better this time around but lets wait and see who ends up in the group before we count our chickens.
                            But unfortunately, they don't give awards to the best improved team.

Our goal is simple. We want to get to R16.

He has 8 months to address the attacking issues we have. What I don't understand is why does CQ only have 2 recognised Central attacking midfielders in the last squad, when it is clear as day that we lack quality in this position.

Comment

CQ is so right when he talks about the importance of having good quality friendly games. The Togo and Russia games proved that there is much work to be done on the team before the world cup.
                              TM showed weaknesses in all ranks. In defense, particularly on the left where HajSafi was playing we had our weakest link. The right side was stronger but there was no creativity. In the centre there were many miscommunications between Jalal and PAG. The mid of the park was a total chaos. Omid and Saeed not the strong midfielders we would need to face big teams in world cup. Amiri and JB were also very in effective as wingers. Perhaps Amiri more than JB. The only strong side was our forward line. They could have done more should they had proper delivery. They had to carry the ball from middle of the field on their own to score.
                              We need some fresh blood in the team for sure ... CQ is smart he knows what to do .. but it is challenging time for him. Everyone is now expecting his team to win, as opposed to not to lose.

Comment

My World Cup team and formation as for now 4-1-4-1
                                Beira
                                Ghafouri,Jalal,Pag,Milad
                                Ezzi
                                Arj,Dejagah,Ghoddos,Taremi
                                Azmoun

Comment

Working...
                                X