This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Braga isnt much an upgrade compared to Rio Ave. I hope for him a top4 league club (at least EL), then Porto, then benfica

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Braga isnt much an upgrade compared to Rio Ave. I hope for him a top4 league club (at least EL), then Porto, then benfica
      braga finished 3rd and are directly in EL.

I think his best option is porto. So far portuguese press have confirmed him going to benfica, porto, sporting, and now braga. Reality is they are probably all options, we will see what he decides.

Comment

With how Iranian transfers happen throughout history, choosing the last team in the levels, loyalty to coaches/teams, etc... I see this likely happening.

Now I’m not saying Braga is a bad move by itself, but if he has offers from Benfica or Porto then it is in my opinion.

Comment

If Mehdi moves to Porto, it will be similar to Sardar going from Rostov to Zenit.
          Going from a mid table team to the best team.

Comment

Rio Ave will play in the Europa League, right?

BTW I'm just in Lisbon for a week and right next to the main roundabout, where Porto fans are going crazy after beating Benfica in the Taça de Portugal

Regarding 5th place and Europa:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primei...n_competitions

The top teams in Primeira Liga qualify for the UEFA Champions League with the first placed team directly entering the group stage and the second placed team entering the playoffs for the group stage of UEFA Champions League. Teams placed third and fourth play in the UEFA Europa League, along with the Taça de Portugal cup winners (unless they already qualify for the UEFA Champions League through league placing). In this case, the berth is given to the fifth placed team.

Comment

Braga would be a great move. The more I think about it the more I like it and the more it makes sense.

Playing with Carvalhal, a manager who has helped Mehdi grow a lot this season, and bringing other talented players to the club to help them succeed in Europa League.

If Taremi scored 18 goals and 21 in all comp. with Carvalhal at Rio Ave, imagine how many he would score with Braga with Carvalhal at the helm.

Remember, crazy big upgrades aren't always ideal.. Managers are very important to player success. Just look at Kaveh Rezaei with Brugge under Clement

Comment

Rio. Ave. Player. Of. The. Season!!!

Comment

Braga would be terrible, very slight upgrade. This season he showed he’s a class above the Portuguese league his own manager said it - if it’s not benfica or Porto it ain’t worthy of Mehdi!
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Rio. Ave. Player. Of. The. Season!!!

Mehdi is just racking up the awards and accolades. Good or him.
                    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      Braga would be terrible, very slight upgrade. This season he showed he’s a class above the Portuguese league his own manager said it - if it’s not benfica or Porto it ain’t worthy of Mehdi!
                      I disagree.

Al-shotor would be terrible.

Braga would be decent

Porto and Benefica would be great

Comment

Braga would be a stupid move, might as well stay in Rio Ave and fight in EL
                        Either Porto or Benfica will pick him up after his performance this year. I could see some Spanish teams make a move for him too. I just hope he makes the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                          Braga would be a great move. The more I think about it the more I like it and the more it makes sense.
                          Playing with Carvalhal, a manager who has helped Mehdi grow a lot this season, and bringing other talented players to the club to help them succeed in Europa League.
                          If Taremi scored 18 goals and 21 in all comp. with Carvalhal at Rio Ave, imagine how many he would score with Braga with Carvalhal at the helm.
                          Remember, crazy big upgrades aren't always ideal.. Managers are very important to player success. Just look at Kaveh Rezaei with Brugge under Clement
                          So carvahal will become taremi's berdiev?
                          Braga doesn't have real Madrid players or even Porto/benfica ones so he will suddenly increase his goal tally next season.

Comment

So carvahal will become taremi's berdiev?
                            Braga doesn't have real Madrid players or even Porto/benfica ones so he will suddenly increase his goal tally next season.
                            No, he will become Mehdi Carvalhal

Read this interview from Taremi from Abola: https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-08-01/...caminho/855437

Taremi: «I will always be happy to follow whoever showed me the way»
                            The Iranian international was one of the figures of the League, author of 18 goals, and one of the great responsible for another European qualification of Rio Ave. Much desired by the big three for their finishing instinct, now generates the greed of SC Braga because the relationship with Carlos Carvalhal was just perfect in Vila do Conde.

What was the importance of Carlos Carvalhal in his easy adaptation and enormous affirmation in Portugal?

To Carlos Carvalhal, I have a very special thanks. He and his technical team were extraordinary in their skills and from the first hour he was very well received. He is a psychologist and a huge coach, who knows exactly when and how to support a player. Even when I was injured, he knew how to put my mentality up, pulling me emotionally », said Taremi, in an interview with A BOLA.

- And in that regard, can accompanying Carlos Carvalhal in another challenge, like SC Braga, also be interesting?

"Sure, why not! We will wait and see what will happen in the near future. Rio Ave's wishes must also be respected. Whoever was responsible for presenting us with a path, for always giving support, I will always be happy to follow it. But to sign any contract, it is necessary to analyze conditions. »

- Was seeing the name associated with the big three in Portuguese football another great motivation?

«It was certainly a pride to see the name associated with clubs of such size as Benfica, FC Porto and Sporting. It is more honorable to be the first Iranian and one of the first Asians to fight for that destiny. I respect Portuguese football and its history immensely. What I experienced was an honor and seeing how things went was indeed great. ”

Comment

https://twitter.com/FCPortoGlobal/st...502784/photo/2

Taremi (and nuno Santos) to Porto on front page of Record. They have beaten off competition from Benfica, Sporting, Braga who all made offers for the pair according to this.

As I said Portuguese media changing mind every few days. Lets see how it develops but Id be surprised if braga pull this off, especially as they already spent a good amount of money on 2 highly rated brazilian forwards, who they got right from under nose of benfica.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                https://twitter.com/FCPortoGlobal/st...502784/photo/2

Taremi (and nuno Santos) to Porto on front page of Record. They have beaten off competition from Benfica, Sporting, Braga who all made offers for the pair according to this.

As I said Portuguese media changing mind every few days. Lets see how it develops but Id be surprised if braga pull this off, especially as they already spent a good amount of money on 2 highly rated brazilian forwards, who they got right from under nose of benfica.
                                I know one of them is Schettine from Santa Clara. Who is the other Brazilian forward Braga signed?

I personally still hope for either Benfica or Porto because of their brand, history, squad, level of compeition, size, etc... (Although Benfica looks less likely because I read on Serbenfiquista Taremi does not fit into JJ's plans, whether that's true or not, I don't know) Sporting IMO would not be any better than Braga or even Rio Ave. As for Braga, if he does not have genuine offers from Benfica or Porto, then he should for sure go. I also hear from many Portuguese fans/media that Braga are trying to build a title contending side with Fabio Martins returning from his loan spell, rumors of signing Nico Gaitan, and other Rio Ave players in addition to the signings they've already made.

Comment

Working...
                                X