Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sooskmar View Post
    With all due respect for AJ, you cant possibly say he is an asset to Brighton.

Throughout the entire Asian cup and EPL, his first touches were really disappointing. You cant be an EPL player with touches like that. Sure he had an injury but first touches are a skill you either have or you don't. A 1-2month injury doesn't take your touching skills way from you.

Also, time and time again, he would have the ball on the wings, but was way too rigid to do anything creative with it other than make a poor effort at a cross. It was as tough you're watching a really heavy kid try turn a player.

Please don't get emotional over this and take it personal if you're a JB fan. I stay up till the early hours in the morning to watch him play in EPL but you can't deny the fact that he just doesn't have what it takes to be anything special.
    I've been disappointed in his play recently too but you gotta remember JB is very fluid in different formations...

He really struggles to play in more defensive formations such as Team Melli and Brighton unfortunately. Nonetheless, I really hope he scores and assists some goals for Brighton this year or else imma get depressed.

Comment

Only way he's making it at an elite level like the EPL is if he's retrained as a full-back as far as I can see. So so utterly devoid of the attacking potency even against average opponents.

Comment

I don’t think Brighton will keep him, he’ll go to a weaker league next season

Comment

Our new manager shouldn't give him an automotic starting spot. He is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
            Our new manager shouldn't give him an automotic starting spot. He is awful.
            Idk what it is. He was top scorer in the Dutch leauge which I feel isn't the best leauge granted. But how do you drop off from that to this. It is mind boggling.

Comment

Now the Asian Cup is over he can commit fully to his team. The best thing for him was that the competition gave him match fitness. He needs to build his confidence back up too and get into a rhythm of playing.

He obviously has the skill set to be a top player , needs to prove it again. There’s plenty of good players who just haven’t been able to perform at the same level for their national team.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                I've been disappointed in his play recently too but you gotta remember JB is very fluid in different formations...

He really struggles to play in more defensive formations such as Team Melli and Brighton unfortunately. Nonetheless, I really hope he scores and assists some goals for Brighton this year or else imma get depressed.
                People seem to forgot that for a lot of the time under CQ and at Brighton he has been asked to play a more defensive game. He uses up most of his energy tracking back so when the attacks do happen he has to run nearly the full length of the pitch to get in on it. Where’s at AZ he was constantly on the attack in most of their games.

If Brighton doesn’t work out this year then I hope they loan him out to another team, maybe back in Holland where he is comfortable and knows the language. See if Ajax, PSV or Feyenord want him.

Comment

Originally posted by eliz3p View Post
                  think ARJ won't be playing for this match. he shld b back for the next next one against Watford this Sat.
                  Brighton & HA
                  First XI fixtures: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/matches/fixtures/

Under 23
                  https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...xturesresults/

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
                    The fans are really on him which is typical of impatient epl fans...I suspect he won't have more than 2 years at BHAFC unless he starts contributing offensively on a regular basis. Hughtons style are not favourable for him though.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
                      If he doesn't show anything this season, he will face more competition for a starting place as a winger/attacker next season. Schelotto has gone out on loan (to Chievo) and he has shown far more at Brighton last season.

Comment

Another disappointment, he makes the WhoScored Flops of the year XI: https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Score 6.38 (the worst of the midfielders)

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is the latest example of an Eredivisie player who has struggled to adapt to the English game. He has not featured for Brighton since the start of November, partly because of a hamstring injury and partly due to his run to the Asian Cup semi-finals with Iran. Even before that the winger failed to make an impact. He has neither scored nor set up a goal in 10 league appearances for Brighton, having had a direct hand in 33 goals for AZ Alkmaar last season.

He is a really intelligent guy who is hard-on-himself. I hope he doesn't see this because apart from a miracle, I can't see his form improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          People seem to forgot that for a lot of the time under CQ and at Brighton he has been asked to play a more defensive game. He uses up most of his energy tracking back so when the attacks do happen he has to run nearly the full length of the pitch to get in on it. Where’s at AZ he was constantly on the attack in most of their games.

If Brighton doesn’t work out this year then I hope they loan him out to another team, maybe back in Holland where he is comfortable and knows the language. See if Ajax, PSV or Feyenord want him.
                          He should go and get reunited with his former colleague, Weghorst at Wolfsburg, at least there we are promised to at least rack up a couple of goals and assists!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            Another disappointment, he makes the WhoScored Flops of the year XI: https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is the latest example of an Eredivisie player who has struggled to adapt to the English game. He has not featured for Brighton since the start of November, partly because of a hamstring injury and partly due to his run to the Asian Cup semi-finals with Iran. Even before that the winger failed to make an impact. He has neither scored nor set up a goal in 10 league appearances for Brighton, having had a direct hand in 33 goals for AZ Alkmaar last season.

He is a really intelligent guy who is hard-on-himself. I hope he doesn't see this because apart from a miracle, I can't see his form improving.
                            That kinda doesnt make sense. They are complaining about his absence, but the injury and Asian cup commitment explain that. And as far as being goal-less in 10 games, remember that Mo Salah made only 13 apps and 2 goals in two seasons with Chelsea.

I think "whoscored" is really jumping to conclusions with this one.
                            #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

6.75 when starting on the right side of midfield, whoscored sub appearances tend to score low.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/13...za-Jahanbakhsh

I expect him to play in the FA Cup replay at WBA.

vs Fulham

Albion (4-3-3): Ryan; Montoya, Duffy, Dunk, Bong; Gross, Stephens, Propper; March, Murray, Locadia. #bhafc
                              Subs: Button, Bruno, Kayal, Bissouma, Andone, Knockaert, Burn. #bhafc

Comment

He’s played a total of 3 games for Brighton I can’t believe they put him on a flopped list, the nerve.

His touch is actually really good if you ask me, he does when when receiving the ball under pressure. Came here looking for something to look forward to but there’s paragraphs of our own fans shitting on him and berating him. Save it.

Comment

Working...
                                X