Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup ™ 2022 Qualifier: Iraq - Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (14.11.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn’t look at anything related to Team Melli since the 90+ minute when Iraq scored to win the second.

But I would like to express my thoughts and emotions here:

Who should we blame?

When we have our central defensive midfielder (who mind you, is a veteran in this team) give away ball after ball, who should we blame?

When we have our central attacking midfielder (who mind you, is another veteran in this team) making STUPID fouls as he did in the match vs South Korea in 2012, who should we blame?

When we have our benched LB do better than our starting LB but doesn’t start the match, who should we blame?

When we have our head coach arrive to Iran just DAYS before this crucial match, when Iraq was already preparing, who should we blame?

When we are missing the best playmaker and winger in our team, Alireza Jahanbakhsh. In a crucial match like this, he isn’t called up.. When Carlos f***ing Queiroz called up GAME CHANGING players to Team Melli, DESPITE the fact that they weren’t playing in their respective clubs, they’d fly to Iran and help their team get results. Not having Ali invited for this match, who should we blame?

When our team, can’t connect 3 consecutive passes in the opponents half, who should we blame?

When our players, with just 3 minutes left to take a point back to Iran, can’t mark their man properly and concede a goal, who should we blame?

Every. Single. Person. In. This. Team.. Is to blame for this loss.

Every single player, coach, trainer, analyst.. All of them are to blame for this result. I don’t have anything else to say, just disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran
      The lack of chemistry between the attackers is depressing. I wouldn't be too surprised to see TM get a goalless draw against Hong Kong.
      The attackers were not the problem, they just didn't get any service/chances. They were too busy helping the disfunctional midfield in defense. Taremi and Azmoun are aces and can do wonders with even average service (when provided with it). Lastly, Taremi was replaced with Amiri (in place of Kaveh and Golizadeh, who have been on fire in Europe). All in all, the attackers were invisible because the midfield was ineffective.

Comment

We will not qualify this time mark my words. I am saying this so you guys don't get a heart break and prepare yourselves for the worst.

Sorry but I can't see us beating Bahrain or Iraq anytime soon the way we play. We are unfortunately not close to what we were last year and even that team was humiliated by Japan so go figure. Iranian football needs a revolution so does the whole political system and our dictator regime that is at fault for every failure we have experienced in every sector in Iran.

I hope I am wrong but hey I am sure you also know what I mean.
        Last edited by webmaster; 11-17-2019, 03:59 AM.
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

^ Well seeing how we will have Ghoddos and hopefully Jahanbakhsh back, and the Iraq/Bahrain matches being at home, if we don’t qualify I might as well join the doodool cutting club as well.

How we couldn’t manage to keep 1 point.. 8 minutes to hold that point. We played bad vs both teams, but we were a bit unlucky as well.

Marc Wilmots needs to better prepare his team. He needs to take notes from Carlos Queiroz. Give him a call.

Comment

Iran was getting better and better under CQ. With Vilmots it will get worse and worse. He is no where near the caliber of CQ. We keep him and it will be Sayonara WC.

DAMN the IR for not extending CQs contract and choosing this clown instead.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grA5kx-IROA

Very interesting stuff, just watch how iraqis celebrating their victory over Iran as if they had won the World Cup. It would be too sweet if we could smash Bahrain and Iraq at Azadi, we should invite them to Hell 100.000 fans chanting "Iran chekaresh mikone?? Surakh Surakhesh mikone!!". Since our bitter exit from the Asian Cup back in 2015, i am waiting for a sweet revanche against Iraq, just the way we embarrass the Koreans.

I never want TM to loose to Iraq, Bahrain, Turkey or Saudis.

Comment

I rewatched the game and noticed a few things that are worrisome and need immediate addressing by the coaching team:

1) The distance between defense, midfield, and attack is constantly too large. The team, as a whole, is not compact enough. This impedes a fluent passing game and allows the opponent to pass between the lines with ease, demonstrated multiple times by Iraq.

2) There is virtually no pressing game implemented when the opponent has the ball. In striking difference to the CQ era, players trot around instead of collectively pressing the opposing team. If pressing, Wilmots' team does it individually rather than in a concerted team effort. This gives the opponent time to plan and execute its attack.

3) Players argue with each other. While this happens in every team, the amount of discussions and arguing was notable. This could be an outgrowth of the confusion about the exact roles players are supposed to have, something which never happened under CQ. It seems like the team's instructions are little more than "go out and play your best game", literally.

4) When defending, it is noticeable that, at multiple times, not all players are behind the ball. With CQ, the team immediately turned into a collective defensive wall, with even Sardar behind the ball defending in Iran's own half. Now, with Wilmots, offensive players stay put, seemingly uninvolved in the defense of their own goal.

All these points are highly worrisome. I am afraid that we will continue to see a struggling side with occasional freak results like the one against Cambodia, only giving gullible fans a false sense of reassurance and belief in Wilmots' "offensive game plan", if these are not addressed immediately.

Comment

^ Good observations. Safe to say that we will continue to struggle if our players don’t get instructions like they did under CQ. We will most probably beat Hong Kong and Cambodja, but I’m holding my breath for the Bahrain and Iraq home games...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    ^ Good observations. Safe to say that we will continue to struggle if our players don’t get instructions like they did under CQ. We will most probably beat Hong Kong and Cambodja, but I’m holding my breath for the Bahrain and Iraq home games...
                    I think we will defeat Hong Kong, Cambodja and Bahrain (who we had dominated largely), but i am not sure about Iraq! They have impressed me a lot in the second half.

Comment

^ you mean Nepal right?
                      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

So has Taj and/or Wilmots commented on this loss in a post game interview?

I have missed what they had to say after this disaster....

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          So has Taj and/or Wilmots commented on this loss in a post game interview?

I have missed what they had to say after this disaster....
                          What is there for them to say? "We are unprofessional, untalented and clueless at our posts?"

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                            What is there for them to say? "We are unprofessional, untalented and clueless at our posts?"
                            After each official game the officials have the obligation to explain. Post game interviews are not only for games that have been won. and usually Iranian sports journalists are good at demanding interviews. I'm sure there must be something out there....

Comment

Still waiting for Wilmots’ explanation for this loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Still waiting for Wilmots’ explanation for this loss.
                                Wilmots terminated his contract with IFF a few days before this game because of unpain salary. Then Taj with the help of sport ministry borrowed two million dollars from shasta company (An Iranian federal company) to pay Wilmots in order to convince him coach the team at least for this game. After Wilmots got two million dollars, he joined the team only three days before the game to start the training.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1...B1%DB%8C%D9%85

https://www.tabnak.ir/fa/news/964826...A7%D8%B9%DB%8C

Comment

Working...
                                X