Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Haji, I don't usually agree with Persus' take, but there's no reason to be an ass about it.
    I don't think I'm being rude really!

Comment

Hope so...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not the typical JB fanboy, but that guy was being rude calling our alireza a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
          I'm not the typical JB fanboy, but that guy was being rude calling our alireza a clown.
          I think he is one of the nice ones lol Unclassy fans man I tell you. I just don't understand why he would pick this shitty team?

Comment

Regardless of him being disappointing as their record transfer, he doesn't deserve this kind of abuse from the radio (reported by the fans):

If local Sussex radio is singling him out then it's obviously going to be a toxic environment for him from the local support.. Odd thing is that the TV commentators were praising him and his workrate, the opposite of what the radio were saying.

I for one thought he was really good in the first half and had a number of critical interceptions. Maybe i'm biased as i'm iranian, but I was honest to say he was really poor in the last game. This one he was one of the better players and certainly performed better than Groß and Locadia. I think Hughton appreciated JB's performance, which i guess is the main thing.

Comment

When you pay such a transfer fee you have right to be dissapointed as a fan, we are all Iranian and biased because he is one of our own, but imagine if your club acquire a guy for such a price with 0 goal and assist in whole season you have all right to be pissed doesn't matter the coach tactic or defensive game or whatever....

Comment

Interestingly, the statistical comparisons have JB in front of the players on the same line as him:

WhoScored: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...enham-Brighton
                SofaScore: https://www.sofascore.com/football/2019-04-23

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Hope so...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                  JB always is prepared to do some work. He always is running his @$$ off and covering the entire wing to account for his defensive duties. Also, I don't know what the fans expect. JB (or any other BHA player, for that matter), has very little freedom to do anything under CH's system/tactics. They have a slew of defensive duties so it's nearly impossible for him to fulfill his defensive duties and also make a positive impact offensively.

Comment

Wow, this absolute mentally unstable shambles of a footballer who gave the ball away for 2-0 and got a crazy red card...

These are the fans we are dealing with.

Wow....

Thankfully, I think Hughton really appreciates JB and he will start over Knockaert, but it does say something that these folk are so myopic that they would take this liability of a footballer over someone who was defensively pretty much flawless against Spurs and gave the best attacking chance of the game (the ball to Andone).

Until now i thought that I'd like to see JB persevere at BHA but these fans are ridonculous, hope he moves....

Comment

Seriously though, at this stage your club just needs to grind things out like Huddersfield did last year.

Surely the last player you'd want is someone as unstable as Knockaert?!?

Am I on my own on this one, or do you guys agree with me that these fans are ****ing mental?

Comment

He will get better and prove them wrong I think he just had a slow start. Yes there is a lot of demand with that price tag but he’ll adapt
                        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I think we have to consider that this is a very stressful time to be a Brighton fan, they are on the verge of relegation and if they don't pick up a win or at least a point against Newcastle they may be toast. As such i'd imagine that the fan base is emotional and looking for someone to vent their frustrations on and the most obvious answer for them is Alireza since they had high hopes for him. At the moment none of them care if he is a top quality player, in their eyes the team is in a trench and its because they can't build anything going forward.

Looking at the team itself, beyond just tactics, i think that the players are FAR too harsh on mistakes they make. I'll give you a good example. Today, the spurs team was trying to break down Brighton's defense and in doing so, every single one of their players--Son, Rose, Alli, Eriksson, Lucas--all of them gave the ball away many times and were dispossessed from either errant passes, dribbles, etc. In NONE of those cases would you see their teammates immediately give them heat for it or try to withhold the ball from them afterwards.

But you watch Brighton, if Alireza attempts a dribble on his fullback you IMMEDIATELY see anger from either Stephens, Propper, Murray, Knockheart, doesn't matter but the team mentality is brutal and negative and it is clear as daylight that the culture needs to change. It most certainly is contributing to the abysmal chemistry in this team and is pushing it towards an 'individualistic' mentality where when players get frustrated they just try to do everything on their own.

Comment

Seriously though, at this stage your club just needs to grind things out like Huddersfield did last year.

Am I on my own on this one, or do you guys agree with me that these fans are ****ing mental?
                            They take prior credit to account bigtime. It's a major fault of theirs just like we have.

I remember how many people here absolutely defended Daei's 2006 inclusion/coaching stint because of what he's done. It's a major flaw to have and clouds judgment because of nostalgia.

Comment

Fully agreed. Some of the fans have lost it and have had it out for months now.

Also agree that some of the teammates are the worst type to have around. Instead of working to recover or help their teammate, they throw a childish fit on the field.

Comment

Am I the only one slowly contracting aids by these extremely negative comments about Jahanbakhsh? It's almost like people don't watch the match, people are rating Locadia higher in some threads? There is no way Locadia was doing better than JB this match, and JB was alteast on par with everyone else? He did what he was told, and was one of the few players that tried creating something. He would ALWAYS run up with Andone when Brighton got a break, Locadia was useless in all the attacking situations, and JB even started the series of set pieces that put pressure on Tottenham. JB even tried passing the ball to Murray from the penalty box rather than hoofing it to nowhere. It feels like people are trolling, or just jumping on some bandwagon to call JB shit without thinking for themselves.

What must JB do to be accepted as a player? Do they really think he would score and get assists in this system of play? Is it his fault Murray can't make good first touches when he passes him? Is it really a "bad cross" if Andone was just a couple inches away from getting to the ball?
                                Brighton should really stop relying on worldies (that is Knockaert type of play) and instead create consistent goal chances over the season with JB.

Comments like those we find on the Brighton chat almost makes me want to stop following the team completely, some of the comments just don't make any sense to me at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X