Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
    They have 5 points in 7 games. Me and 10 fat kids could get 5 points. Come on.
    In those 7 games:

- Man United home
    - Liverpool away
    - Tottenham home
    - Man City away

Come on man, that's a tough schedule for any team in the Prem. 5 points in 7 games when you consider the opponents actually isn't that bad, but it's not great either.
    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
      In those 7 games:
      - Man United home
      - Liverpool away
      - Tottenham home
      - Man City away
      Come on man, that's a tough schedule for any team in the Prem. 5 points in 7 games when you consider the opponents actually isn't that bad, but it's not great either.
      My point is with such low expectations, it doesn't do any harm to get ARJ some experience. Since you don't have much to lose there is little danger in getting him game time.

CH thought he had a chance to get points in these 7 games. He only got 5. That's a failed tactic.
      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
        My point is with such low expectations, it doesn't do any harm to get ARJ some experience. Since you don't have much to lose there is little danger in getting him game time.

CH thought he had a chance to get points in these 7 games. He only got 5. That's a failed tactic.
        Yeah, it makes sense to have given him more play time against the high ranking teams where the chance of win was low so that by the time Brighton is playing the mid & lower table teams ARJ is ready to hit the ground running. Now he will still have to adjust with those teams and will not be at this best as he has not started any games and played a few minutes here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
          Yeah, it makes sense to have given him more play time against the high ranking teams where the chance of win was low so that by the time Brighton is playing the mid & lower table teams ARJ is ready to hit the ground running. Now he will still have to adjust with those teams and will not be at this best as he has not started any games and played a few minutes here and there.
          Y'all are to some degree sounding like you doubt alireza... He's played professionally for pretty much 6 years now. We know he's a professional, smart player. The minutes he's needed are in training day in, day out... Not in an extra 45 minutes per week of park the bus football (he's learned enough of that in TM). I do think he's gotten the acclimation he's needed in training and that has showed in his linkup play the past 2-3 games where he really has hit the ground running (especially against Tottenham). I'm pretty confident CH will be giving him his shot this month. The people that have been hating on his lack of playtime will say," I told you so." And those that have been preaching patience will say, "I told you so." There will be no way to prove who was right. Hopefully we can just be happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
            Y'all are to some degree sounding like you doubt alireza... He's played professionally for pretty much 6 years now. We know he's a professional, smart player. The minutes he's needed are in training day in, day out... Not in an extra 45 minutes per week of park the bus football (he's learned enough of that in TM). I do think he's gotten the acclimation he's needed in training and that has showed in his linkup play the past 2-3 games where he really has hit the ground running (especially against Tottenham). I'm pretty confident CH will be giving him his shot this month. The people that have been hating on his lack of playtime will say," I told you so." And those that have been preaching patience will say, "I told you so." There will be no way to prove who was right. Hopefully we can just be happy for him.
            If training ground practices and drills were enough why would CQ insist and demand so many friendlies. Surely there is a big difference to training ground plays and match play, even for professionals.

Sure, no one is saying ARJ will not be successful at the club by not starting in 2 months but what we are saying is that his chance of playing at a higher level is expedited if he is given more playing time. Now someone might argue that exposing him when he is not ready will also have a detrimental effect on his performance. So what is the ‘sweet spot’ time to play him? No one can say for sure.

Comment

alireza need to get some time to play, is just stupid he is not playing more

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                If training ground practices and drills were enough why would CQ insist and demand so many friendlies. Surely there is a big difference to training ground plays and match play, even for professionals.

Sure, no one is saying ARJ will not be successful at the club by not starting in 2 months but what we are saying is that his chance of playing at a higher level is expedited if he is given more playing time. Now someone might argue that exposing him when he is not ready will also have a detrimental effect on his performance. So what is the ‘sweet spot’ time to play him? No one can say for sure.
                International squads get to train with each other maybe about 8 weeks out of the year and so, yes, much less time to put tactics in to play and try out what works. That does make those games more valuable.

For the injury report, sounds like Gross is still out. Stephens will be game time decision. Neither one really affects Alireza unless the formation changes.

Comment

I doubt he will be in the starting lineup soon. But he will be subbed in earlier and eventually will be in the XI.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Did I imagine it or did Knocky not have a stint at AMC during his career? He certainly seems more than capable of it, it's not like he's made to be a wide-man or anything. Shift him there and drop Bissouma deeper alongside Propper, I say. Alternatively, just go with Knocky and ARJ from the off. Both would be attacking but West Ham's fullbacks can be got at.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      Did I imagine it or did Knocky not have a stint at AMC during his career? He certainly seems more than capable of it, it's not like he's made to be a wide-man or anything. Shift him there and drop Bissouma deeper alongside Propper, I say. Alternatively, just go with Knocky and ARJ from the off. Both would be attacking but West Ham's fullbacks can be got at.
                      I would have thought so, but it seems it puts Knocky out of his comfort zone. With Pascal Groß missing, it seems the vacant position behind the lone first striker (Murray is first choice target man) is up for grabs. Can Alireza Jahanbakhsh play there?

4-4-1-1 seems to be the first choice formation. The player behind the main striker is allowed more of a free role and is not required to defend as much, but still covers a lot of ground.

There are three candidates:

Jürgen Locadia: runs into good positions, but has not impressed me so far with any cultured play, lacking close control at speed

Beram Kayal: actually a shade quicker than he first appears, but his goal scoring record is poor

Alireza Jahanbakhsh: this who the fans would like to see for his scoring prowess

So pen Yves Bissouma and Davy Pröpper as the two defensive midfielders with the absence of Dale Stephens

José Izquierdo or Solly March and Anthony Knockaert as the two wingers

More from past experience rather than my thinking it is the best way to play.

Chris Hughton plays a very British style of football and the team is full of continentals. There is a conflict of styles. I'm not sure if he wants to change the style or change the players?

By and by the back six usually works OK. It is getting the attack working that is the problem.

My personal preference would be to get Bruno back in the side. I would also like to see Alireza Jahanbakhsh start as second striker, but I did not see anything against Southampton to indicate he would fit in straightaway.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh could start on the left wing? In view of his past excellent record versus West Ham, Izquierdo seems a good bet!?

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                        I would have thought so, but it seems it puts Knocky out of his comfort zone. With Pascal Groß missing, it seems the vacant position behind the lone first striker (Murray is first choice target man) is up for grabs. Can Alireza Jahanbakhsh play there?

4-4-1-1 seems to be the first choice formation. The player behind the main striker is allowed more of a free role and is not required to defend as much, but still covers a lot of ground.

There are three candidates:

Jürgen Locadia: runs into good positions, but has not impressed me so far with any cultured play, lacking close control at speed

Beram Kayal: actually a shade quicker than he first appears, but his goal scoring record is poor

Alireza Jahanbakhsh: this who the fans would like to see for his scoring prowess

So pen Yves Bissouma and Davy Pröpper as the two defensive midfielders with the absence of Dale Stephens

José Izquierdo or Solly March and Anthony Knockaert as the two wingers

More from past experience rather than my thinking it is the best way to play.

Chris Hughton plays a very British style of football and the team is full of continentals. There is a conflict of styles. I'm not sure if he wants to change the style or change the players?

By and by the back six usually works OK. It is getting the attack working that is the problem.

My personal preference would be to get Bruno back in the side. I would also like to see Alireza Jahanbakhsh start as second striker, but I did not see anything against Southampton to indicate he would fit in straightaway.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh could start on the left wing? In view of his past excellent record versus West Ham, Izquierdo seems a good bet!?
                        You seem to be a very logical person but i'm sorry to say this situation is a bit of a mess, we can't just take someone who's a great winger and put him somewhere completely different. CH ... so far has shown me that he might just be missing half his brain! Be patient they said, 2 months later: 0 starts!

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                          I doubt he will be in the starting lineup soon. But he will be subbed in earlier and eventually will be in the XI.
                          This seems most likely.

West Ham have some good players so it is a bit of a tricky game. The idea may be to prevent them playing flowing football and then open up later in the game. Usual pattern with a slow start.

Comment

don't forget if BHAFC scores first it's very unlikely Jahabbakhsh will play!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                              You seem to be a very logical person but i'm sorry to say this situation is a bit of a mess, we can't just take someone who's a great winger and put him somewhere completely different. CH ... so far has shown me that he might just be missing half his brain! Be patient they said, 2 months later: 0 starts!
                              The problem I've got is I have only seen play for about 90 minutes of game time in the Premier League, the Cup match v Southampton, the under 23 half game, the video, and I did not notice him in the World Cup.

Enough to say as an attacking winger he looks overall better than Solly March and Jürgen Locadia.

He would give in form Anthony Knockaert a good run for the money, better in some respects and not in others.

Probably not as much potential, technical, pace and shooting as the variable José Izquierdo, but possibly a more intelligent football brain than all of them mentioned. But not the experience of British football, which is why the vastly experienced Beram Kayal may start against West Ham.

Yves Bissouma played better in the Cup match v Southampton.

Because of the ten times more PL experience of the West Ham team (80 v 842 hours) I expect CH to go for experience as much as injuries will allow.

Comment

Hi all!
                                I am from Singapore and I support Team Melli ever since Iranian players like Hamid Estili and M Khakpour played for Geylang United here in the Singapore Football League. It is my very first post here although I have been reading your forum since last Oct.

Felt so tempted to finally post something. I have been feeling alittle impatient w Chris Hughton (the Brighton coach) for not playing AliReza from the start and I reallly hope he gets a single chance to start the match. No matter what Brighton's priority is (i think they want to avoid relegation), I am just concerned about Ali Reza. I really hopes he gets to start a match soon!
                                A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Working...
                                X