Should CQ´s contract be renewed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should CQ´s contract be renewed?

CQ´s contract with IFF will end efter WC2018 in Russia. What do you think. Should his contract be renewed for another 4 years til WC2022 or even AC2023? I mean we don't know what kind of performance Iran will have in the WC but no matter what, I think our best chance for a decent performance next year in Russia is with CQ at the helm of TM. There has been some talks in the media about him retiring after WC2018. Yet he didn't deny the possibility og him negotiating with IFF for the renewall of his contract when Adel asked him about it in 90 program the other day.

I truly believe his contract should be renewed already now. There is no need to wait until after the WC. With him as manager, Iran not only has a realistic chance of lifting the Asian trophy in UAE in 2019 but also most definitely will secure a spot for WC2022 in Qatar.
    YES
    0%
    NO
    0%

The poll is expired.

sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
    >-----------------<
    Marg bar dictator
    >-----------------<

CQ should be crowned
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Considering his track record with TM and what he has accomplished with TM, there is no doubt his contract should be renwed irrespective of TM's results in this upcoming WC.

The actual question is whether he would be willing to re-up with Iran again. In my view, because of all the BS he has had to endure in these last few years, there is little chance he would want to renew his contract with IFF.

Comment

Permanently so
        If we’re so lucky

Comment

I dot think he will renew, but we should keep him on some sort of consultancy role. Maybe have him help choose our next coach
          Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
          http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
          [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
          Villa + Messi =

Comment

At this point, it's not an option for IFF to decide, as CQ will most likely leave upon termination of the contract. He is just not happy with the circumstances in Iran and particularly our football.
            On Navad interview he unveiled the main reason "It's time for me to spend time with my family, this past 35 years I have forsaken my family and it's time to be with them, and have them with me wherever I am" This implies that the conditions of our country does not let him bring his family to live along with him. I can understand it though.
            The more suitable poll question would have been "Should we beg CQ to extend his contract?"

Comment

Originally posted by shahname
              CQ´s contract with IFF will end efter WC2018 in Russia. What do you think. Should his contract be renewed for another 4 years til WC2022 or even AC2023? I mean we don't know what kind of performance Iran will have in the WC but no matter what, I think our best chance for a decent performance next year in Russia is with CQ at the helm of TM. There has been some talks in the media about him retiring after WC2018. Yet he didn't deny the possibility og him negotiating with IFF for the renewall of his contract when Adel asked him about it in 90 program the other day.

I truly believe his contract should be renewed already now. There is no need to wait until after the WC. With him as manager, Iran not only has a realistic chance of lifting the Asian trophy in UAE in 2019 but also most definitely will secure a spot for WC2022 in Qatar.
              Sorry to break the news - but CQ will no longer will stay in Iran. his term is up and he will not follow TM to Asian Cup.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

As much as I would love for him to stay, the man wants and deserves a break to be with his family.
                I can honestly see him coming back after he starts to miss football again similar to that of Jupp Heynkes at Bayern.

I would hope he gets the chance to choose the next TM manager, somehow just as tough with IFF as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  At this point, it's not an option for IFF to decide, as CQ will most likely leave upon termination of the contract. He is just not happy with the circumstances in Iran and particularly our football.
                  On Navad interview he unveiled the main reason "It's time for me to spend time with my family, this past 35 years I have forsaken my family and it's time to be with them, and have them with me wherever I am" This implies that the conditions of our country does not let him bring his family to live along with him. I can understand it though.
                  The more suitable poll question would have been "Should we beg CQ to extend his contract?"
                  I don´t think the chances of renewal are as dire as you make it sound. I think IFF can persuade him to stay another 4 years and make arrangements so he can have his family visiting more often. He is most certainly and very understandably unsatisfied with the current conditions. But things are getting better. IFF is completing the training facilities including the pitches for TM. If Iran has a good showing in WC2018 and also goes on to win AC2019, there should be plenty of opportunities to play high profile opponents in friendlies as well. I think CQ loves Iran and the fans and he has a good shot at winning an international trophy at the end of his carrier in AC2019 in UAE. There are plenty of good reasons for him to stay for another 4 years in Iran.
                  sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                  >-----------------<
                  Marg bar dictator
                  >-----------------<

Comment

CQ is a GOD in Iran and after 36 years of an embarrassing revolution he is the ONLY person that has elevated our status among the world! so HELL YES!! renew the Damn contract ASAP!!

Comment

At least for the 2019 Asian Cup in January

Comment

we must keep him till 2019, however we can keep him more, however if iran can keep a good shirt brand and facilities

Comment

Yes if he gets the team out of the group. It's possible but will have to work very hard over the next six months, inviting the right players and rigorously studying the opposition. Just watched Liverpool decimate Spartak 7-0 in the UCL: it is amazing how the world class lineups move the ball around, switch from defense to offense, clinical finishes in front of the goal, and show stamina + speed. A lot of these qualities need to be developed over multiple years of consistent training and direction. You'd expect after 7 years under CQ's helm, elements of improvement should be easily identifiable in Iran's national soccer team. (Are they?)

https://www.clubworldranking.com/ranking-coaches
                          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

If only we could reverse Berdyev Queiroz and force him to stay in Team Melli

Comment

Not for 4 years but for 6 months till the end of the Asian Cup

Comment

Working...
                              X