No announcement yet.

Sadegh Moharrami @ Dinamo Zagreb | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview with Sadegh with Croatian media. He talks about life there, Persepolis, and his aspirations:

"One of the most mysterious Dinamo dressing room players reveals: Sadegh Moharrami

Right Dinamo's baton on Dinamo, Iranian and Croatian football, life in Croatia and his homeland

Sadegh Moharrami (23) is one of the most deceptive blue dressmaker's players. About the Iranian right-wing is a little known, somehow self-sufficient, unobtrusive. Sometimes a smile, rarely when he is talking, works for what coach Nenad Bjelica and his associates say and hope for a great career. She is shy in media talks, for a year as she has just given one or two interviews here, she says "English is not good, although we have to admit to saying it very well.

When, a year ago, several Iranian journalists inquired about Moharrami, they all told us that it was a first-class rightback, certainly the best in Asia, but also a player who could leave a deep trace in Europe. Similarly, Branko Ivanković talked to us at the same time , with the addition that he will need time for adaptation, because he comes from a completely different culture and other football habits, that quality is not questionable, but only how much time will be needed for his adaptation. He had the bright moments of the past season, he is doing well in these preparations, not lagging behind for others, but the overall impression is that he has not yet reached what was expected and what was said when he was coming.

Heavy trainings

- The trainings are heavy, twice a day, but right, preparations are such and this has to be done. Here, I've been here for a year now, all in all, it was fine, but I want and I can do better than that. I played 23 games, not bad for the first season, but I hope to be better off next season and play even more - it does not hide the Moharram ambitions, recognizing that it was not easy for him at first in Zagreb.

- Iran is completely different from Croatia, in all. From food to everything else, to lifestyle. It was difficult to adapt in the beginning, but now it's OK, I like it more and more in Dinamo and Croatia, I feel better.

Fizzily watching, the differences are also great?

- There is a different level of football in Iran and Croatia. Soccer is more physically in Iran, while Dinamo is much more involved in tactics and technique. It is clear that it took me a while to take a new way of thinking.

It will be even harder for him to enter the new season. Because now his competitor is not only Petar Stojanovic, Ivo Pinto arrived, he is objectively at the start of the third option for the right-hander?

European debut

- I have two great players in my position, but that's football. Simply, if I want to play, I have to be better than them. But, I think, is the most important result for Dinamo, and then only a singular success. I want to play more, of course, but the coach is the one who decides. I believe in myself, I know I have to work a lot and painstakingly to play and if I will succeed, we will see.

Especially will remember the match with Viktorija Plzen in Maksimir, the one Dinamo won with the match with Benfica. Stojanovic was not in the frame in return, Moha, as they call him, got a chance and, in the opinion of many, took advantage of it?

- Yeah, that was my first European match, of course I will remember her specially. There were a lot of fans, we made a big win, I will never forget it.

From those classic football themes, we have switched to life. He has recently spoken of his Iran as a new warfare, according to the latest news that Iran was only one step closer to US military intervention. How does living in Iran feel this war psychosis?

Relax in Tehran

- No, it's all right. People know nothing about war or something. They are relaxed, they live normally. You know, there is often how we are going to attack us, almost every year the same story, but nothing has ever happened. Every time I get out of Iran, when I come abroad, people ask me what's going on, whether they've been attacking you, and I'm telling them everything is OK, calm, no problem. Every day I hear my family and friends, they are fine, everything is fine and there is really no news on that. Perhaps many outside Iran think that bombs will fall every day to war, but when you come to Tehran, you will see that everything is normal, living like elsewhere.

I'm not very popular

He told us that if there is any kind of conflict, he is not obliged to go to the army, as in some countries in that part of the world, he has served his two years of military service and is now fully devoted to football. And football in Iran is difficult. Eto, Branko Ivankovic left from Persepolis, left this club and Mario Budimir, it seems that the winning line is over.
    - It was great in Persepolis, I was honored to take part in the great successes of coach Branko Ivankovic. In three years, Persepolis won three title titles, and Ivankovic left the bench and went to Saudi Arabia. Now the situation in the club is not good, there is no new coach, no one knows who will be and I do not know how Persepolis will look in the new season.

The problem is money as well. Ivankovic has receivables, Budimir, too, obviously, in football club in Iran is not that bad. Is this really the result of an embarga?
    "Yes, there has been a lot of change in that, changed the relationship between the dollar and the euro and foreign players who have contracts in those currencies, it is very difficult to pay off the money.

Is Moharram in Iran popular? Does he stop when they walk on the street, looking for an autograph?

- Ha, when you play in Persepolis, you are immediately popular, that club has a lot of fans in Iran. But I would say for myself that I was - normal. Not too popular or too popular, ha ha. People know me, but nothing special that I could not walk the city.

Best friend Mario Musa

What does he do in Zagreb when he does not train and do not deal with football?

- I'm mostly at home, watching movies. I do not go out often, I do not really like to go out and have a friend and I do not have much. My best friend in Dinamo was Mario Musa, I can only say nice things to him, he helped me a lot. I want him to find a good club right away.

And his roommate is now ...

-... Gojak. He is a good, very good player, young, and he is like a machine.

Will Moharrams soon be in Croatia and team up?

"It's coming before the beginning of the season and the family, everyone will be in Zagreb with me.

Favorite Bundesliga

What are his ambitions in further career, what else would he like to win, to experience?

- Dinamo is an absolutely good step for me. But I believe I will be better, show quality in Dinamo, and then go to a stronger league. My favorite league is the Bundesliga.
    Yet it is the league in which the best Iranian players played in history.

- Yes, when you talk about football in Iran and mention our best players in history, then four are always mentioned: Ali Daei, Ali Karim, Mahdavik and Hashemian. They all played in the Bundesliga.

Will he come to that company of the best Iranian players, as his aforementioned Iranian counterparts have been predicting, would, according to potential, say, could?
    - Look, while I was in Tehran, I had a few good games for Persepolis, then everyone was saying that I would all sift through compliments and praise. But I've changed club, state, lifestyle, everything has changed and needs patience. I'm just focused on the job, on the progress of the game, I believe that I will be much better than I am now and where I can not predict this."

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogomet...kriva/9059213/

Comment

I feel like this article and interview backed up a lot of points about moharrami.

Yes, he hasnt had an incredible first campaign, but to suggest it was bad is far from true. He played good minutes, important european match as he mentioned, and adapted. There is competition with two very serious players in stojanovic and now pinto, but after all when we say we want our guys to go to europe it is to face those kind of challenges. Moharrami is young, and certainly has the potential to stay and grow in europe, which seems like it will happen.

Impossible for me to understand the benefit of giving a washed up, proven liability and weird character in ramin all the minutes in TM, and not even giving sadegh, a young, far more talented player who is busting his ass off in a very challenging european environment that is dinamo (how many non EU players have succeeded there?). When sadegh was afforded a chance in friendlies leading up to asian cup, particularly in the match vs a strong venezuela team where gholizadeh scored our goal, he looked great. He needs to be given more chances. He is our future right back. There is nobody else really coming through and imo he represents a good upgrade on ramin if he continues to develop in croatia.

Comment

Croatian media report that Sadegh was injured in training and will be out for 4-6 weeks:

"Sadegh Moharrami . He has had a strong competition in Pinta and Stojanović, and at the end he is preparing and injured, and he will be off the lawn for four to six weeks, and then he will seriously jeopardize the competitors."

Pročitajte više na: https://www.vecernji.hr/sport/najvec...iranac-1330605 - www.vecernji.hr

Comment

Anyone know if he played in their last game? Or was he still injured?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
            Anyone know if he played in their last game? Or was he still injured?
            Moharrami was in Ibiza, Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              Moharrami was in Ibiza, Spain.
              What for? Still injured I'm assuming?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                What for? Still injured I'm assuming?
                According to this article from the 19th, he is still injured:

"An additional problem for Bjelica tonight is the absence of even seven players. More precisely, Danijel Zagorac, Kevin Theophile-Catherine, Emir Dilaver and Sadegh Moharrami have injury problems, Ivan Šunjić and Lovro Majer are not allowed to play for the card, and Dani Olmo just returned from the extended vacation, which he won after excellent performances for Spain U -21 at the European Championship."

http://www.novilist.hr/Sport/Nogomet...a_refresh=true

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Iranian players in Europe often get injured?

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
                    Am I the only one who thinks Iranian players in Europe often get injured?
                    dadash, it's because Iran's training sessions are not intense. When a player goes from doing el rondo in training for 2 hours from doing sprints, drills, private training for 4-5 hours, a player's muscles become overworked of sorts, which leads to injuries

Comment

Dinamo Zagreb beat Saburtalo Tbilisi 2-0 in the CL qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                        Dinamo Zagreb beat Saburtalo Tbilisi 2-0 in the CL qualification.
                        Do you know if he played / was in the squad?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                          Do you know if he played / was in the squad?

No he is injured.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            I feel like this article and interview backed up a lot of points about moharrami.
                            Yes, he hasnt had an incredible first campaign, but to suggest it was bad is far from true. He played good minutes, important european match as he mentioned, and adapted. There is competition with two very serious players in stojanovic and now pinto, but after all when we say we want our guys to go to europe it is to face those kind of challenges. Moharrami is young, and certainly has the potential to stay and grow in europe, which seems like it will happen.
                            Impossible for me to understand the benefit of giving a washed up, proven liability and weird character in ramin all the minutes in TM, and not even giving sadegh, a young, far more talented player who is busting his ass off in a very challenging european environment that is dinamo (how many non EU players have succeeded there?). When sadegh was afforded a chance in friendlies leading up to asian cup, particularly in the match vs a strong venezuela team where gholizadeh scored our goal, he looked great. He needs to be given more chances. He is our future right back. There is nobody else really coming through and imo he represents a good upgrade on ramin if he continues to develop in croatia.
                            I am in general agreement with your main point yet I don't agree with characterization of Ramin as 'washed up, proven liability and weird character'. Washed up is usually used as an ageist terminology that is awash in professional sports since there are relatively limited windows of athletic viability and that is not a good reason to call someone who has worked hard for TM through the years by that phrase. Also, many players on TM have made mistakes yet I don't necessary call them a 'proven liability'. A proven liability is someone who systematically is unable to fulfill their expected performance measures. I have watched Ramin over the years and specifically from close distance in all three games in 2018 WC and I have to say that while Ramin was not mistake free I disagree with 'liability' characterization. I think CQ and now Wilmots/Hashemian have analyzed what's available in terms of talent, experience and health and have picked the best one. Also, I am not sure if weird, for lack of a better word (eccentric perhaps), is necessarily a bad thing. Actually, it adds to the diversity of team personality.

Go TM!

Comment

According to Croatian sources Sadegh is expected back in training soon:

"As we learn, Sadegh Moharrami should soon recover from the injury, so on the right flank the blue squad will be full of pomegranates. This is called quality frame width."

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogomet...retan/9176621/

Comment

No Sadegh in the squad while Dynamo make the CL playoffs where they face Trondheim

Comment

Working...
                                X