Dejagah
    0%
    Ghoochannejhad
    0%
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

what a boring ass game but who cares WE MADE THE DAMN WORLD CUP!

ZERO goals conceded

does anyone have celebration videos?
    espn 3 cut it off really quickly

Comment

Prefer 'boring' win to exciting loss! anyday!! we were the better team and we played it like text book style! Now I want TM to knock KOREA out of the World Cup and teach them a damn lesson!!

Comment

I watched mostly the second half, but heres what I took away from the game today

- Beiranvand looked a little shaky coming out, but his goal kicks were solid and he wasnt tested too much (7)

- Hosseini and PAG both looked sharp and made some excellent tackles, especially Hosseini. He is so so underrated even at his age (7.5, 8 for Hosseini)

- Milad Mo is seriously one of our best players if not our best player. He can dribble, pass, defend, shoot.. what can he not do?? (8.5)

- Rezaeian looked nice.. didnt see too much out of him but I think he had a few good crosses and some nice tackles. (7.5)

- Ali Karimi... My goodness. He played AWESOME imo. Did anyone catch that beautiful ball to Jahanbakhsh late first half? (8)

- Ezatolahi i didn't notice too much. I guess he had an okay game. (7)

- Shojaei had some good dribbles and drew a lot of fouls.. wouldve gave him a 7.5 but his missed penalty makes him get a 6.5

- Taremi moved like a lak lak out there. Seriously this man is slower than my maman joon. That being said, he's clutch af and believe it or not hes one of our smartest players. (8)

- Azmoun!! God am I happy we have him on our team... His hustle and drive was so much better than the last qualifying match. He's in form for sure.. (9)

SUBS:
        -Dejagah looked fresh out there. I was happy he came off the bench instead of starting.. (7.5)

- Amiri actually wasn't that bad in my opinion. He gave up the ball a lot and i wouldve rather had Torabi play, but he still played pretty decent (6)

- Gucci is Gucci. The GOAT

Comment

The referee was amazing. I don't remember a referee who was so quiet, but make consistently good calls and didn't let the game get out of hand.

Comment

Beiranvand - 7
            Rezeaian - 7.5
            Hosseini - 8
            Pouraliganji - 8
            Mohammadi - 8
            Ali Karimi - 8
            Ezatollahi - 7
            Taremi - 8.5
            Masoud - 7.5
            Jahanbakhsh - 6.5
            Azmoun - 8.5

Dejagah - 7.5
            Amiri - 8

Comment

Formerly known as Persianking!
              Follow me @
              instagram/iranscout
              instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                The referee was amazing. I don't remember a referee who was so quiet, but make consistently good calls and didn't let the game get out of hand.
                r u kidding me ! referee was a disaster. Uzbek players were fouling like crazy. Even the retarded commentator on espn was saying that he let the game get out of hand. One of their players deserved to be sent off for accumulation of fouls (5 cynical, dirty fouls), another grabbed sardar by the neck, the ref didn't even give the pk, the AR did.

Comment

Mohammadi 10/10 - best player easily today, attacking, defending, everything he was great. I am more excited about his future than sardar or alireza.

Comment

GUYS IM SO STOKED. Not sure but what to say but tabrik all!!!!!!! IRAN!!!!

BTW this is the post of the year. True point and funny at the same time:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2466144

Comment

Congratulations to everyone!

We are all witnessing the strongest Team Melli in history, and we can all consider ourselves blessed.
                      The biggest thanks go to CQ of course, the best we've ever had. You can't thank him enough for what he has endured just to make us happy, just to maintain this Island within Iran where the most able get selected and where work, determination and fighting is rewarded and succeeds.
                      Our Team made it to the WC arguably as the first in the world and with no goals conceeded, and in most of the games not even a shot on goal conceeded.

The game was on one hand very displeasing to watch, especially because Uzbekistan was no challenge at all so that Team Melli could very leniently manage the lead to the end. Also all the vuvuzelas were really annoying; we didnt have this much in years. I just hope Iranian fan culture prevails and washes these elements out again.
                      On the other hand winning so comfortably, not even having to try that hard against one of the strongest teams in the group, shows how we are now among the greatest in the world.

We have no opponents left in Asia, bring on America, Europe and Africa.

Comment

What was the #4 jersey Quiroz waiving dedicated to?

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                          Exactly!

The Omani's are just something else than the rest of the Arabs. Hope to get officiated more often by Omani refs in future.
                          All the best to this man in his future carreer.

Comment

We as both fans and players have come such a long way. B-CQ( Before Carlos Quieroz) were complete victims of ineptitude, mis-management and emotional style of play, I remember getting multiple heart attacks every time TM played and then almost break down, when we lost and were knocked out of tournaments that we should have won! those were the Dark days and now A-CQ( After Carlos Quieroz) we have all resuscitated back belief in the team and ultimately our pride. In the words of Winston Churchill: " never in history has so many owed so much to so few" This thanks goes to CQ and his coaching staff, for whom 80 Million Iranians who today live under oppression, poverty, seclusion, sanctions and hardships can at least rejoice and share in the glory that our team has brought and keep their hope alive and strong in that we as Iranians, shall always persevere shall always overcome as we are an ancient race, a glorious ingenious race.

TABREEK BE HAMEH!!! IRan behind TM, Iran Behind CQ all the way to 2nd round in Russia!!

Comment

Originally posted by rnazer View Post
                              What was the #4 jersey Quiroz waiving dedicated to?
                              4 because we have qualified for our fourth world cup

Edit: This is actually our fifth qualification - 1978-1998-2006-2014-2018

Now I dont know what the 4 was about either

Comment

Working...
                              X