Please explain Skocic logic to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    Skocic deserves praise for what he’s done, no doubt. But is he the man to lead us to the 2nd round in WC? I have serious doubts, and i’m not the only one here it seems!
    I say let the man do his job in qualification and hopefully we’re qualified by beginning of February next year. Then we thank him for his services with daste gol shirini!

A new coach will then have 9 months to prepare for WC. If we don’t change him by then, we might aswell stick with him to the WC.
    But boy will i be banging my head against the wall countless times, if we don’t qualify for the 2nd round in the WC with this star-studded team.
    Star-studded is way too far fetched. When the field is set we'll have barely 5 teams at the World Cup who rank below us in terms of squad strengh and individual talent.

Please let's be realistic. We are a type of team whose ceiling are 4 points max. Depending also on the group. Queiroz did very very well for us in 2018.

It's a huge task for any manager even high profile coaches to get us out of the group. Let alone for Skocic.

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
      Star-studded is way too far fetched. When the field is set we'll have barely 5 teams at the World Cup who rank below us in terms of squad strengh and individual talent.
      Please let's be realistic. We are a type of team whose ceiling are 4 points max. Depending also on the group. Queiroz did very very well for us in 2018.
      It's a huge task for any manager even high profile coaches to get us out of the group. Let alone for Skocic.
      It's about maximizing our chances. We don't want to leave the WC with regrets.

This team is star-studded compared to the 2014 and 2018 teams. Look where a good coach got us both times, almost to the 2nd round!
      This despite the tough draw in 2018 WC. If we had current team in 2014 WC, CQ probably would have qualified us to the 2nd round.

How do you think Skocic would have performed in 2014 WC and 2018 WC? That's right, just like his buddy in 2006 WC.
      We don't want to look back at the 2022 WC like we do with 2006 WC. Pain, anger, regret and the feeling of "what if" we had a better coach instead...
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
        It's about maximizing our chances. We don't want to leave the WC with regrets.
        This team is star-studded compared to the 2014 and 2018 teams. Look where a good coach got us both times, almost to the 2nd round!
        This despite the tough draw in 2018 WC. If we had current team in 2014 WC, CQ probably would have qualified us to the 2nd round.
        How do you think Skocic would have performed in 2014 WC and 2018 WC? That's right, just like his buddy in 2006 WC.
        We don't want to look back at the 2022 WC like we do with 2006 WC. Pain, anger, regret and the feeling of "what if" we had a better coach instead...
        Skocic will do much better than Branko. The reason TM had a relatively poor world cup is because of the Ali Daei vs Ali Karimi/Mahdavikia feud. It caused a major rift in the team and badly damaged the team spirit. Ali Daei, in 2006 a fat 37 year old middle aged man, should have not played at the world cup. This won't happen with Skocic because he has excellent people management skills.

As far as Queiroz is concerned, i personally won't compare Skocic's TM of WC 2022 to TM's results in WC 2018 but that of 2014 when they got one meagre point against Nigeria. By 2018 Queiroz had already been our coach for 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
          Skocic will do much better than Branko. The reason TM had a relatively poor world cup is because of the Ali Daei vs Ali Karimi/Mahdavikia feud. It caused a major rift in the team and badly damaged the team spirit. Ali Daei, in 2006 a fat 37 year old middle aged man, should have not played at the world cup. This won't happen with Skocic because he has excellent people management skills.

As far as Queiroz is concerned, i personally won't compare Skocic's TM of WC 2022 to TM's results in WC 2018 but that of 2014 when they got one meagre point against Nigeria. By 2018 Queiroz had already been our coach for 7 years.
          I never knew about this feud? especially with Mahdavikia? Could you elaborate what happened?
          You just got Caged
          K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post

excellent people management skills? have you not seen Taremi and Ghoddos speak out already? please provide examples of 'excellent' when the players arent fond at all

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
              I never knew about this feud? especially with Mahdavikia? Could you elaborate what happened?
              It was a long time ago and we had a journalist on this forum named Kaiser Amir who was with TM in Germany. He wrote extensively about the situation in TM's camp during the world cup 2006. Basically Ali Karimi and Mehdi Mahdavikia as the two stars of the team felt that Ali Daei was too old to play for TM (rightfully so as Hashemian was our best striker at the time and had to play out of position on the left to make way for and old and too slow Ali Daei). This caused a feud between Karimi and Mahdavikia on one side and on the other side you had Ali Daei, Golmohamadi and Bakhtiarizadeh as the older players. let's say that there was no love lost between them. Ali Daei later in an interview said without mentioning names that some of his teammates in TM looked him in the eyes during the matches and refused to pass him the ball. TM's world cup campaign got ruined because of this feud.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                excellent people management skills? have you not seen Taremi and Ghoddos speak out already? please provide examples of 'excellent' when the players arent fond at all
                No I have not, could you elaborate on what Taremi and Ghoddos have said about Skocic? that being said, TM consists of 26 players and judging by the footages, pictures and results there is clearly a good team chemistry which Skocic as the headcoach is responsible for. You want examples of his excellent people management skills? what better indicator than the good results they have achieved and the clear positive team harmony we can see during their trainings and matches.

Comment

Working...
                X