No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been very patient with CH and he seems like a nice guy/coach, but c'mon, 10-15 per game for ARJ??? That's how long it takes to warm up in a game! At least sub him in at 60 min, give him a solid 30min to get in the pace of the league/team and then you can start him for 70-90 min in the future. This slow play is clearly taking it's toll on the scoreline, without much confidence-building for anybody.

Comment

But I don’t see it this way.
      Brighton management isn’t just crazy or retarded to buy its most expensive player ever to bench him. I bet there are other reasons. The coach wants JB to create the bound with the team; to eventually prevail. If the coach just put him right there on spot, it wouldn’t be good for neither JB nor the rivals. The coach wants both. I’m guaranteeing you once he’s settled (I say closer to the half season), the club will start having high expectations from our guy. Let’s put it in any job perspective. Imagine a sales position. In the beginning they don’t want you outperform but to get to know the rules and learn. The expectations come next. If it’s otherwise, a player in this caliber with such a price tag, will either leave the club or the club will sell him. No other scenario
      sigpic
      SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
      IRAN
      - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
        Brighton management isn’t just crazy or retarded to buy its most expensive player ever to bench him. I bet there are other reasons. The coach wants JB to create the bound with the team; to eventually prevail. If the coach just put him right there on spot, it wouldn’t be good for neither JB nor the rivals. The coach wants both. I’m guaranteeing you once he’s settled (I say closer to the half season), the club will start having high expectations from our guy. Let’s put it in any job perspective. Imagine a sales position. In the beginning they don’t want you outperform but to get to know the rules and learn. The expectations come next. If it’s otherwise, a player in this caliber with such a price tag, will either leave the club or the club will sell him. No other scenario
        I agree with some of what you say, only problem is halfway through the season he will be in Asia, which for him is a big problem with his place in the team.
        The good thing for Brighton is there season starts now , 4 hard games in the first 7 games is tough but the next three games are very winnable.

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
          That would be fine IF Brighton was winning games. Based on this pace, they'll be relegated by mid-season, which wouldn't help ARJ, CH, or BHA! #StartARJ

Comment

What seems to be a discrepancy between this forum and what I've seen from Brighton fans on Twitter is the analysis of Solly March.

Here, he seems to be considered weak , whereas from what I've seen on twitter they seem to really rate March so far this season, e.g.:

https://twitter.com/BainsXIII/status...65722641879040

If he's been as good as people say, then it can't be a surprise that JB isn't starting. Much as it is frustrating for us as fans.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              What seems to be a discrepancy between this forum and what I've seen from Brighton fans on Twitter is the analysis of Solly March.
              Here, he seems to be considered weak , whereas from what I've seen on twitter they seem to really rate March so far this season, e.g.:
              If he's been as good as people say, then it can't be a surprise that JB isn't starting. Much as it is frustrating for us as fans.
              That's great for March and I wish him the best (the better he does, the more it will elevate everyone's game, including ARJ). However, again, it's not translating to results (ie wins) for the team...they need goals and they need points from games...that's really what it comes down to and the current formula of starters is clearly not working (despite what any fans say).

Comment

Brighton fans are morons. They think because you hold 3 seconds of possession down the side of the field you are doing your job. Brighton has done well in what 40 minutes of football outside the ManU game? They have been shit otherwise. ManU is imploding and that win looks less and less impressive by the day. If you think March and Knockeart are gonna get you anywhere than you deserve to root for a second division club.
                "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

I agree with you ADC, I'm hoping Hughton will eventually note the amazing pinpoint over-the-top through ball that JB did very soon after coming on. If you play him for more than 10 minutes, that kind of vision is just going to get you assists and goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                    We all like AJ to start and score a goal and assist one in each game. lol but come on let's just relax. There are numerous possible reasons why he isn't starting. I doubt a club would waste its record signing but let's wait and see if Brighton FC is a donkey club or not.
                    I was hoping Alireza Jahanbakhsh would start against Man City and I thought it might be a ploy for the surprise factor. And because there was a precedent of Jose Izquierdo starting at Arsenal, but that wasn't a successful debut.

West Ham would be a more likely opposing team for debutants to play against as they do not play a heavy pressing game and were weak from wide areas last season. More likely Izquierdo will start (because of past successes against West Ham).

Nacer Chadli, successful in Belgium, took until his second season to settle at Spurs and get first team starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                      I was hoping Alireza Jahanbakhsh would start against Man City and I thought it might be a ploy for the surprise factor. And because there was a precedent of Jose Izquierdo starting at Arsenal, but that wasn't a successful debut.

West Ham would be a more likely opposing team for debutants to play against as they do not play a heavy pressing game and were weak from wide areas last season. More likely Izquierdo will start (because of past successes against West Ham).

Nacer Chadli, successful in Belgium, took until his second season to settle at Spurs and get first team starts.

With all due respect, Spurs is a way better team than BHAFC in terms of talent. It is much harder for someone to break a starter position there. Should NOT be the case for Jahanbakhsh and BHAFC!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

That is neutral analysis. Brighton fans must know that Solly March has got a poor scoring record. He has not got a very good assist record either.

Ashley Young (Man U) and Trippier (Spurs) stopped Solly March going on the outside and he only got joy on his much weaker right foot. March got a right footed assist for Murray against Man United so credit where it is due.

There is my suspicion that the two England full backs Trippier and Danny Rose (Spurs) are not that good. I think Ashley Young is far the best of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                          With all due respect, Spurs is a way better team than BHAFC in terms of talent. It is much harder for someone to break a starter position there. Should NOT be the case for Jahanbakhsh and BHAFC!
                          Chadli earned his place in Pochettino's "weakened" League Cup squad in 2014-15. Massacred Brighton 2-0 back then with the new fellow Kane up front who soon replaced Chadli in their PL side.

Chadli got his first games and valuable match practice against lesser opposition. Better sides when playing lesser opposition are more likely able to carry a passenger, although I thought Chadli deserved his place and the Spurs League Cup side attack became their first team attack.

Likewise, I think the near future Brighton plan is an attack of Andone, Izquierdo, Locadia ??? Jahanbakhsh, with Murray retiring (at the end of the season?) and Knockaert still in contention. When will the transition occur? Montoya has already got a first team place, but I think the leaky Brighton defence this season has got more to do with the absence of the ageing Bruno than anything Montoya has done wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                            Brighton fans are morons. They think because you hold 3 seconds of possession down the side of the field you are doing your job. Brighton has done well in what 40 minutes of football outside the ManU game? They have been shit otherwise. ManU is imploding and that win looks less and less impressive by the day. If you think March and Knockeart are gonna get you anywhere than you deserve to root for a second division club.
                            Can you imagine how bad it would be to "root" for a second division club? How would I cope? The mighty Brighton and Hove Albion suffering the shame of second division football.

Comment

I really want to Alireza start soon. I think in his last 3 sub appearances he has really started to show what he can do and I'm very excited to see more.

Equally, I can see why CH has managed the situation as he has so far and it's not always about playing your best XI but managing the group of players. Solly will be needed this season and we need to get him to level up and we need him to stay confident and motivated and feel valued. He's also, in a particularity tough run of games very attuned to what the manager expects of him (he's virtually a wing back he defends so deep) and good at helping us stay compact and organised as a team. Alireza's time is coming though, you can feel it and I look forward to it.

Comment

Dear Iranians , do not panic! His chance will come sooner or later. The manger has brought him there for a reason, not to just keep him forever on the bench. Let’s trust CH and show our support to Brighton.

Do not forget that Alireza is a true professional and this situation will only make him more determined.

Comment

Working...
                                X